PDA

View Full Version : ek1 headlight gears, want to aim down

philip_pc
10-10-2008, 11:28 PM
i want to aim the headlights in my ek1 down some more as ive just installed HID's. dont seem to have a problem while driving as no one flashes me, but when i stand in front and look at it it seems like there is a bit of glare so just want to lower them some more.

i have found the gears at the back of the casing but cant determine which direction i need to turn them to aim them down. i tried just doing them just them but i gave each direction a good 10-15 turns in teeth and didnt notice a difference. just want to ask the people out there who drive civics which direction you turned yours to aim yours down? assuming its a standard. car was about 2-2.5m away from the wall

philip_pc
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
its ok i found it.
i was turning the wrong gear hahahahah

spuderump
11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
im wanting to do this tooo plz advise on what you did??

philip_pc
11-10-2008, 09:11 AM
there should be two plastic gears on both headlamps.
the ones closer to the centre of the car adjust the horizontal and the ones further from the centre adjust the vetical alignment.
the vertical gears are a bit harder to see but they are close to the top of the headlamps.

J_Phongsavan
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
as you have the headlights on, turn into one direction first then you see it either moving up or down... i forgot already which direction but i did this recenly to my civic... but then after you know which way top turn then you will know from there lol...

bennjamin
12-10-2008, 05:59 PM
just to help out -

use a medium sized PHILLIPS HEAD screwdriver , aim it down at the required gear. The driver head will fit snug into the gear and make it easy to turn.