PDA

View Full Version : EK Dizzy help

Boban
12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Ok boys and girls i have a ek vti civic hatchback at my house at the moment and it is in need of some TLC to get going (me thinks the dizzy might have shat itself). I'm basing this on the fact that my eg did the same thing and i had the same symptoms (???) such as cranking but not turning over etc etc... usual bs

Anyhow here's the interesting part. EKs were never sold in vti trim in aus as a hatchback (coupe and sedan are different). After digging a bit more i found out that the car came over from NZ as a personal import and was sold to my friend up here in brisbane from nsw, appart from that i don't know anything else about it.

Now it is boosted and the guy just had a standalone (Autronic) ECU installed on the day it died on him. Whoever did the work was unreachable over the weekend so i don't know what exactly they've done but there are new wires coming from the ecu to the dizzy as well as some of the old wires have been disconnected. So i told the guy to speak with whoever did the work for him before i touch anything. Which will be monday at the earliest (i don't get to play with it over the weekend :( )

Anyhow, if it does turn out to be a stuffed dizzy, does anyone know if the audm models are compatible with any import models???? The engine code is D16Y6 and from looking around i've found that the AUDM ones are D16Y5 for a sedan and D16Y8 for the coupe

ECU-MAN
13-10-2008, 08:04 AM
D16Y8 Dizzy should fit, but to be on the safe side post a pic of your dizzy

also have you tested the ICM and coil

Boban
15-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah mate tested everything i could think off. The dizzy looks like any other ek dizzy i've seen. Doesn't matter now since the guy took the car the the place that they tuned it so they can have a look at it. Thanx for the input ECU