PDA

View Full Version : Honda Sale - what is factory bonus on CRV?

62rocket
13-10-2008, 09:46 PM
HI, i am in the market for a new CRV and notice Honda have a sale starting this saturday. I am just wondering what the factory bonuses would be on CRV that are referred to on the Honda website.

any ideas?

thanks

Nax
15-10-2008, 08:32 AM
phone your local dealer, they can give u all the info on the sale. or just go in and ask someone

UNLS1
15-10-2008, 11:11 AM
HI, i am in the market for a new CRV and notice Honda have a sale starting this saturday. I am just wondering what the factory bonuses would be on CRV that are referred to on the Honda website.

any ideas?

thanks

there is a fantastic bonus on crv from the factory!
best go into your local dealer to find out how much $$$ it is! ;-)

62rocket
15-10-2008, 02:05 PM
there is a fantastic bonus on crv from the factory!
best go into your local dealer to find out how much $$$ it is! ;-)

Hi guys, I rang them. Apparently they are doing driveaway deals on CRV. $31990 for the base model and $33990 for the base model auto. Almost sounds desperate to me and I reckon you could get a few accessories thrown in at that price.

Nax
15-10-2008, 02:11 PM
lol why is it desperate when honda do it but a great deal if toyota or ford do it?? its a sale, they have them to sell cars, and to draw people into the market who arent sure atm.

either way its a great deal

62rocket
15-10-2008, 02:49 PM
will let you know how i go on saturday...

UNLS1
15-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi guys, I rang them. Apparently they are doing driveaway deals on CRV. $31990 for the base model and $33990 for the base model auto. Almost sounds desperate to me and I reckon you could get a few accessories thrown in at that price.

lol far from desperate mate. its called a sale. do u want us to have a sale with no good savings?

62rocket
17-10-2008, 12:20 PM
well it got the better of me. I rang a broker today... 2008 build CRV, $33800 driveaway, base model, auto, white with mats, rear luggage tray, rear bumper protector pull out mat, full car seat covers (about $1000 in accessories).

Went into my closest dealer and was lied to about the factory bonus driveaway deal. The best price they could come up with was $36500 with no accessories. One dealer says 33990 driveway, another says 36500 driveaway, another says 33800 with accessories. I don't want to dutch auction this but these guys really pressure the buyer to shop around and play dealer off against dealer.

Will try at another dealer and see what they come in at.

62rocket
17-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Just got a deal I couldn't refuse and pick the car up next Friday. I am extremely happy with the deal I got...

lolipss
20-10-2008, 09:09 AM
hi,

may i know how much u pay for your new crv? and what accesories that you got? :D
thanks

62rocket
20-10-2008, 02:52 PM
no problems... I had a trade in so it kind of complicates the deal a little. drove onto a Northside dealer on Friday - same dealer I got my Jazz from 4 years ago as they gave me the best deal then.

Walked in, 2 hours of negotiations and haggling I picked up a new silver, base model, auto CRV, 2008 built, carpet mats, boot liner/protector, Honda seat covers, rear bumper boot lip protector, 5 years warranty, drive away for $31k.

The deal got a bit cloudy as they only offered me $2k trade in on my wife's 2000 Holden Barina. Red book value as a trade in is $4700 as its in top condition.

It all came down to change over price at the end as that what I was concentrating on. $29k change over and I was really happy.

The originally offered me an October 2007 built, silver auto CRV extra for $32k change over. I wasn't interested in owning a 'new' 2 year old car in 2 months time so I refused the offer, stuck to my guns and they slowly came down in change over price after I got up to walk out. first was 31k, 30.5k, and I was sticking to 28k. They came down to 30k change over as their final offer which sounded tempting (I love the way they counter offer when they know you are about to walk out of the showroom and even better when they bring in the 'manager' to close the deal when the salesguy was not getting anything out of my poker face) and we struck a deal at 29k change over. I originally wanted a white CRV they had none in stock after we came up with the 29k change over price. They then wanted an extra $300 for the silver car as it was metallic. By this time I was over it. I said it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't have to now pay more because they can't deliver on the white car we struck the deal on. They backed down on the $300 extra...

In short, i am very happy and it was a much better deal than anything I found on the internet through a car broker/buying service (which after dealing with two of them sound all too self serving for them in the end...)

JAC
20-10-2008, 06:52 PM
62rocket, that's a good price you got!! well done!
Make sure you check your build date at front pessenger door floor panel. They tried to give me the nov 07 build when picking up vehicle, but promised the 08 build on the deal. I complained and I got the May 08 build 2 weeks laters and got loan car as compensation.

62rocket
22-10-2008, 04:39 PM
just checked and its built April 2008.

I am hoping to get about 9 litres to the 100 in this car.... is that too much to expect for an auto CRV?

VT3C
22-10-2008, 07:13 PM
...so I refused the offer, stuck to my guns and they slowly came down in change over price after I got up to walk out. first was 31k, 30.5k, and I was sticking to 28k. They came down to 30k change over as their final offer which sounded tempting (I love the way they counter offer when they know you are about to walk out of the showroom and even better when they bring in the 'manager' to close the deal when the salesguy was not getting anything out of my poker face) and we struck a deal at 29k change over. I originally wanted a white CRV they had none in stock after we came up with the 29k change over price. They then wanted an extra $300 for the silver car as it was metallic. By this time I was over it. I said it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't have to now pay more because they can't deliver on the white car we struck the deal on. They backed down on the $300 extra....)

congrats on the purchase and sounds like you did some heavy negotiating.. but I am just questioning your aggressive attitude towards the negotiation process and the sales person..

you make it sound like they are trying to 'trick' you out of money.. this is VERY frustrating to me as a salesperson myself.

The salesperson you were dealling with would only have scored a massive $100 commission out of your deal.. even at full price he'd only get ~250..

it seems to me that customers ASSUME that salespeople get ~5-10% of the PURCHASE PRICE of the vehicle.. but noooo... we get 10% of the Gross Profit.. and this amount is calculated AFTER dealer delivery and on-road costs etc are taken out.. so if you had a slab of a discount on your deal, the salesperson gets the pain.

you gotta understand that it's just the dude's job.. he is forced to do that and his manager coming out to close the deal is something he HAS to do.. and all that crap dealling with your 'poker face' for 2 HOURS - just for $100... then not to mention I bet you expect a PERFECTLY PRESENTED VEHICLE at time of delivery.. well guess who's responsibility it is to get your car to a perfect state ? that salesperson..
and when you phone up to change your numberplate 4 times, are 2 hours late for delivery time and then call to say you're not goin to make it..

so all the fking around and BS all for $100.. basically it takes on average 10 hours to sell and deliver a vehicle.. so that's a whopping $10 per hour for the salesperson.. and then you take the tone that this guy has scorched YOU !?!?!?!

now I know we all want to pay the least possible amount for a new vehicle but try and keep in mind that the salesperson you're abusing aint getting paid a whole lot for the hours of time and not to mention headaches associated with each sold car.

now with the market in the toilet, that salesperson is prob glad just to get $100 ($60 after tax !!!!!!) but bear in mind, for every $1,000 you get as a discount, the salesperson is giving up $100 of his comission - untill he reaches their minimum comission

so perhaps if you get a couple of grand off your new vehicle purchase and you feel like you just defeated your 'enemy', spare a thought for the salesperson who's income you've just stolen and maybe throw him a hundred dollar note under the table.. HE is the one that saved you thousands, and he did it at the expense of his own income !!!!! and besides what you think, the salesperson is on your side, it's the dealership that is the enemy LOL
and you're mad because they didnt have a white in stock and wanted the $300 for metallic paint ??? well did you ask about the factory bonus ?? and did you know that Honda Australia only honours the offer on cars processed on Honda's database before COB on the monday after the sale ?? so if they dont have that vehicle in stock or cant get hold of it before the date, they dont get the rebate from honda and therefore you wouldnt get the discount and you wouldnt get the car for the price you negotiated. so they COULD have got you a white one, but it'd be next month (etc) so not eligible for the discount and so you'd have to pay a couple of grand more.. so you complain about $300 for paint.. or it's a couple of grand for the colour you want....

I ensure all of my customers get a decent discount and a heap of accessories thrown in but then at the end of the day when i get my pay packet, there isnt much to write home about.. my clients are ecstatic with their deal and service, but I have a hollow feeling as I am on minimum comission - and THAT doesnt pay the bills..

sorry for my rant but I am so tired of ignorant customers ASUMING that we salespeople get these huge sales comissions.. honda sales staff at least dont get much at all.. and then there's no reason to gloat at the fact you've just denied a hard working salesperon of his income.

62rocket
23-10-2008, 12:14 AM
wow, you went to great pains to tell me you possibly need a career change there. trust me there's more money to be made out there in a different career if he's only getting $100 for each car sold! Where did I ever abuse anyone? I went into the showroom and handled this like a business deal. I was straight down the line, knew what I wanted, had done my research and knew what my trade in was worth. The salesperson's commision was the last thing on my mind (and it would be for the vast majority of people looking to buy a new honda). It might sound a bit selfish but hell, why pay top dollar and ensure the salesman gets his full commission? I will kindly leave that to the wood ducks that walk in and pay full recommended retail price for the car. I am sure you could relate some great stories of wood duck buyers walking in and paying whatever price you guys put to them. I am not there to give money away. I went in with one aim, to get the best car for my money and hopefully that's what I did. With sales people, especially car sales, it all comes down to trust... I simply don't trust car sales people. The previous posts in this thread of promises of 2008 models and trying to deliver 2007 models is just one example of how people, like me, distrust car sales people. Thanks for your input though...

VT3C
23-10-2008, 11:20 AM
meh.. I didnt say u abused anyone, it's your whole attitude in relation to the sales process.. I'm just saying I hope you're happy that someone busted their ass for your $100.. trusted or not, the dude has to make a living.. and you just robbed him and seem to be PLEASED about it. now personally I congratulate you for robbing the DEALERSHIP as they're all owned by Baby-Boomers driving around in their multi-million dollar yachts while in these hard ecconomic times, the salesperson's pay packet suffers. Dealership 'hold-back' wouldnt have been affected but the entire margin in the car was swallowed up by your 'discount' and salespeople are paid comission based on the remaining margin.

that's why I suggested you throw him some coin under the table.. or at least show SOME KIND OF GRATITUDE if you received good service, you were happy with the condition of your car etc then why not.. though if your salesperson was an arrogant prick who tried to take you for a ride, then I retract my statement and I ecourage you to give him a poor PES rating (Performance Evaluation Survey) and dont refer him to your friends and family.

You're right there ARE easier ways to make money (than car sales) but you dont know the individual's circumstance.. the reason for my post is that 99% of all car buying customers assume salespeople make thousands of dollars in comissions per car..

to me, it doesnt sound like you handled it 'like a business deal'.. sounds to me like you were a tight-ass who did some lovely one-way negotiation LOL.. are you indian by chance ?? do you go the the newsagent and offer 50c for a $2 newspaper ? no you just pay retail price allowing the newsagent to make a small profit to cover the costs involved with running a business..

nobody likes car dealerships and it's understandable that you dont trust car salespeople.. unfortunately the industry IS still propped up by those stereotypical slimy car salesmen, but Honda does everything they can to ensure the honesty and integrity of their sales staff.. not to mention strict government bodies like the MTA and DOPI that mandate license conditions, strict police clearances etc..

even a gutted GLi Jazz Customers expect we get a few hundred dollars.. and it's just not true. then you get someone with YOUR attitude all cocky and arrogant even though you just saved a few grand.. FFS mate why arent you saying 'I bought a CRV at invoice and couldnt be happier' ??

anyway, enjoy your BASE MODEL CRV LOL..

62rocket
23-10-2008, 12:38 PM
nah, iam not Indian apparently I am just a tight arsed 6th generation australian. I will enjoy my new car thanks and the next time I want to give to charity, it won't be to a down and out Honda salesperson who's low on their luck beacuse they work for a mean dealership. As for handing over money as a sign of gratitude to the salesperson, you seriously must be living in a dreamland. oh and by the way, I don't even pay for my newspapers, I get them free through work! Enough said, I hope you enjoy your job but like I said, there's much better money out their if you guys are only getting $100 for 10 hours work.

VT3C
23-10-2008, 01:52 PM
no probs.. said what I had to say.. just remember: goes-around-comes-around :P

62rocket
24-10-2008, 03:02 PM
come on VT3C, surely you could relate to us all some story of a wood duck buyer, paying full retail for a new car, getting minimum dollar for their trade in car and not even questioning the possibility of a price reduction? Or the people who buy a car on a Salary Sacrafice Package that pay full retail as well? You must have a few stories to relate....

lolipss
24-10-2008, 08:28 PM
good price you got there 62rocket. congratz!!!

car salesman are all liars. they only talk nice to you before you buy the car... but after you signed the contract they just treat you with no respect....

That's why next time i buy another honda car from a dealer, i wont treat them nice anymore.

that's the experience I have with Honda salesman.

FitRS
25-10-2008, 05:05 PM
good price you got there 62rocket. congratz!!!

car salesman are all liars. they only talk nice to you before you buy the car... but after you signed the contract they just treat you with no respect....

That's why next time i buy another honda car from a dealer, i wont treat them nice anymore.

that's the experience I have with Honda salesman.

Unfortunately, this is the same experience I had when I bought my Mazda last month.

Honda, Mazda, other dealerships it's no different. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule and you do find geniune salesman who are interested in a sale by getting a good deal for the buyer and getting a decent comission which adds to their sales totals.

trism
25-10-2008, 05:27 PM
well this thread took a turn

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/thread_direction.gif

VT3C
27-10-2008, 12:37 PM
LMFAO trism !! that image should be my avatah ;)

yeah wooducks come and go but even the wooducks I feel sorry for and give em a few freebies even if they dont ask for them..

Lolipss - sounds like you got burnt gooood man - sorry to hear it.. and like i said, for the most part, the car sales industry IS run by your typical fkwit car salesmen and 9 out of 10 will try and take you for a ride, but it pisses me off when there are a handfull of us trying to make a difference and just coming up against these ignorant customer attitudes.

though, ever heard the saying do-unto-others-as-you-would-have-done-unto-yourself ?? well i'd say if you went in with guns'a'blazing, then no wonder you got burnt hahaha

The X Man
27-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Most car salespeople are dodgy farkers, no doubt about that. I trust my next door neighbours cat more then some of these slimy dirtbags, correction, all of them.

The trouble is these dodgy salespersons have made their bed and now they need to sleep in it. Their constant bullshit has wrecked the entire industry and whatever trust there was in the first place so i give those who do get a great deal a big "pat on the bat".

Who gives a shit about the salespersons pay packet? I don't, and they do not give a shit about you once you put your name to paper.

What goes round comes round? Too bloody right it does...

SPQR
27-10-2008, 09:37 PM
....The salesperson you were dealling with would only have scored a massive $100 commission out of your deal.. even at full price he'd only get ~250..

it seems to me that customers ASSUME that salespeople get ~5-10% of the PURCHASE PRICE of the vehicle.. but noooo... we get 10% of the Gross Profit......

That means on a CRV, the Net profit (I think you meant the net profit), is $2,500. But the margin is more like 25% of the purchase price ($40,000 car means a margin of $10,000). Out of this margin must be paid the business overheads such as all of those admin people, the electricity, the rent, the lazy service department, the previously mentioned $2,500 profit etc as well as the retainers for salespeople.

The business profits by $2,250 after paying all costs and the salesman gets $250 per sale plus retainer, company car, petrol and bonuses for having a good month.

If it's so bad, why is there an endless stream of salespeople? Why would you do it? Maybe they should become highly paid professionals like nurses (3 years uni), teachers (3 years uni), firemen ( a few months training) and policemen (a few weeks training) or even lower paid professional like engineers ( 4 years uni) and architects (5 years uni).

The X Man
27-10-2008, 09:45 PM
There is initial margins but then there are rebates Honda gives the dealers to move particular builds and also promotions. With my car it had initial margin but also a $4k rebate from Honda to the dealer. I don't think VT3C has really told the full story on what lines the dealer principals pockets.

Ineresting enough when i told te dealer i knew about the 4K rebate he played dumb and raced to see his Manager. It was only then i struck a deal to the amount i wanted to pay.

VT3C
28-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I am not talking about dealership hold-back... and you'll note I congratulate him and all who take the dealer's profit.. I am purely commenting on the arrogant attitude towards his salesperson. allthough the salesperson may have deserved it.. most of them do..

and you answered your own question - the seemingly endless stream of salespeople is because they're completely disposable and treated this way by dealerships.. and alos 90% of salespeople just dont care about the product, just the $$$ in their paypacket. but there's a small handfull that care about the product itself etc.

ohh and FYI, I've had a 'professional' career for 10 years and I also did a 4 year university degree.. my reason for being in sales for Honda is that I love the product and enjoy the interaction with cutomers etc. it is unfortunate though that with the current ecconomic climate, there isnt a huge avenue for income through comissions.

I think a 10k margin on a CRV is a bit of post-crack-smoking dellusion.. either way, that margin is kept confidential to the salesperson and we definately dont receive any chuink of that.. i' get $1,000 per CRV is that were the case and I sure wouldnt be complaining !!

62rocket
28-10-2008, 02:34 PM
oh well, maybe Kharma has got me this time. The CRV goes back in for a warrant issue on Friday with less than 300kms. Wheel alignment is all wrong. Veers to the left relatively fast at 100km/h +...

JAC
28-10-2008, 10:20 PM
62rocket,
It's not kharma!
No matter how much you pay the product is not very good - new CR-V just like a pot luck.

I experienced the same thing, booked for service they said could not find anything wrong and still steer to left until now.
I serviced twice, and I believe they actually did not do anything with the car, another issue with Honda service, I will keep complaining

CRV is considered as one of the worst product finishing from Honda. Honestly, this is the worst honda ever in term of finishing.
things to check:
- front body fender (not align correctly) --> like car that involved in the accident and repair by dodgy panel beater.
- rubber between windscreen and hood (where the wipers sit) not properly fit
- some issue with dashboard centre console (top crooked) --> mine so far so good.
- and the most ovious one but hard to notice - 4 out of 5 CR-V have crooked tailgate door.
- roof line does not align correctly on most 08 CR-V
- Door chrome & rubber finishing also bad on some CRV (not clipped properly)
- glue staint on some doors rubber and weather seals badly noticed.

All items mentioned above can be found in 08 built CRV and most service centre could not do anything about the tailgate and the plastic roof line.

I will not mention any detail to other car maker, but for a Honda that normally have good reputation for built quality seems to lower their quality that is a big dissapointment.

Dealer let me drove 3 different loan CR-V when servicing my CR-V and 2 of them seem to steer to left as well. And each one of them have varies issues with finishing I mentioned above and only 1 of them had perfect tailgate door that is the nov 07 built.

I am kind of believing that 10k profit being made on each CR-V by Honda Oz and letting their customer and 1 salesperson to suffer :)

Now, I am considering other car Brand for my next purchase.

lolipss
28-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi JAC,

How can I test my crv if mine got the Wheel alignment steer to left problem? Are all CRV 08 having that problem? I'll be getting my new crv next week from the dealer...

62rocket
29-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I have notice that the tailgate does flex alot (side to side when you push each bottom corner in an opposite direction, that is one up and one down) and that was mentioned in one of the new car reviews I read about the 08 CRV. I just put that down to it being such a large door that some flex may be evident. I did notice that the hinges for the rear door certainly don't look all that adequate for the job. I haven't noticed the rest of the items you mentioned but I will have a look sometime. My tail gate does come up really easily and smooth with only a touch of the release button.

as for the left drifting....Take it for a drive, get it out into a 100 zone and see how it handles at 100km/h +. My wife drove ours for the first 200 kms and I drove it on last Sunday for the first time at 100km/hour. The car felt like it was a constant battle to keep it straight on the road, I constantly had to pull the wheel down to the right (very annoying) and within 5 seconds or less of taking your hands off the wheel the car is over the centre or left fog line fast heading into the gutter or next lane!!! I just hope they can work this one out for me as a drifting car would have to one of the most annoying things about driving. You certainly don't expect it in a new car. I am just wondering what this is doing to the tyres and what effect it has on overall fuel consumption too.

62rocket
29-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I just found this thread on another CRV forum. Post number 44 is interesting. The entire thread talks about UK cars pulling to the left or US cars pulling to the right. Apparently there is a UK service bulletin for the problem.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177

Hope this helps and I will be mentioning the service bulletin to my service people when i take it back on friday.

SPQR
29-10-2008, 10:32 PM
...I think a 10k margin on a CRV is a bit of post-crack-smoking dellusion.. either way, that margin is kept confidential to the salesperson and we definately dont receive any chuink of that.. i' get $1,000 per CRV is that were the case and I sure wouldnt be complaining !!

I said that the margin is 25% of the sale price and out of that margin must be paid the business overheads such as electricity, rent, admin staff, the salesperson's cut, etc which, by your account, is up to 10% of the profit. You had said that amounts to some $250 on CRV. Assuming that is the 10% you spoke of for salespeople, then the dealers profit is $2,250 on the sale of a CRV ($2,500 - $250 = $2,250).

A margin is the total mark-up on the price that a dealer pays for a car. The profit is what's left after the dealer makes allowance for all of the bills. By your account, the profit is one quarter of 25% (ie. 6.25%)

Many years ago (before GST), there was a tax named "sales tax" which was applied to the wholesale price of a car (the price that the dealer paid to buy the car from the factory or importer but without any kick-backs and bonuses). Some car dealers would separately identify the sales tax in the make-up of the price. They had to do this for businesses buying cars. It was then a very simple calculation to work out what the dealer paid for the car at cost and therefore the "margin". It told you nothing of the actual profit but you have just revealed that to us.

I did enough of those deals to work out the pattern; namely that generally, the margin was about 25% of the sale price but it actually increased the more expensive the car.

Salespersons don't usually just get commission as that is the bonus that makes them hungry to sell. They are usually on a retainer which is the equivalent of a base wage (and I don't mean the legal minimum wage which is a lot less). They are encouraged to perform by the commission which is in effect a bonus but a necessary one because the base wage is not all that flash.

I don't envy the work of salespeople. And like a policeman, it takes a certain type to be one. Unfortunately, as you said, many are not that interested in the product but rather the money. This leads to their disdain for heads and, as a consequence of this, the buying public has little respect for them. That's why they are always at the bottom of the most trusted profession list; right down there with politicians, lawyers and real estate agents; all egotistical and parasitic professions.

VT3C
31-10-2008, 11:50 AM
SQR - very good points there..

i can only speak for my dealership as every place has it's own commission structure.. i get a pathetic retainer* (that doesnt even cover my rent) and the bonus structure here is to DELIVER (not just sign-up) 14 cars a month minimum. now Please dont think I am complaining, I was jsut stating that in the last few months withthe ecconomy slowwing right down and the rising costs of living etc, the car market has slowwed down so much that sales targets are quite hard to meet and that the opportunity for large comissions are few and far between.

they justify the retainer based on minimum wage for a 38 hour week - yet we're required to do ~65 hours a week plus. so we work 65 hours but only get paid for 38 of those.. at the 38 hours we get ~11.80 an hour and over 65 hours that works out to be 6.90 an hour LMFAO..

anyway... everyone in sales - especially of non-essential luxuries like cars, is suffering thanks to the global market crash etc.. so not expecting sympathy LOL

to those of you with CRV with alignemnt issues - did you have 'extra' packs or the optional alloys fitted ??

62rocket
31-10-2008, 12:53 PM
that's not really good pay, that's only like 23.5k a year!

Mines got the basic steel povo wheels. Its going back in Tuesday for a 'warranty' alignment but somehow I don't think that's going to fix the problem. I just hope it does...

SPQR
31-10-2008, 09:43 PM
A good saleman, in good times should be earning a minimum of $65K per annum. This is less than nurses, teachers, policemen and firemen. This is substantially less than doctors, dentists and lawyers but more than engineers and architects.

hisoka
31-10-2008, 10:26 PM
A good saleman, in good times should be earning a minimum of $65K per annum. This is less than nurses, teachers, policemen and firemen. This is substantially less than doctors, dentists and lawyers but more than engineers and architects.

wtf...you cant be serious..almost everyone i know who has finished my civil engineering course is earning 70 grand or more and people who have been single and travelled are earning double that.

sorri for thread jack>

as vt3C said, usually just slip them 100 bucks or so under the table if i get the price down to what i want it

VT3C
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
that's not really good pay, that's only like 23.5k a year!

Mines got the basic steel povo wheels. Its going back in Tuesday for a 'warranty' alignment but somehow I don't think that's going to fix the problem. I just hope it does...

yeah but that's just the retainer - but lately you arent getting much more than the retainer..

The reason I asked about the rims is that some extras and access alloys are balanced at the dealership and sometimes the gel coat on the rims doesnt let the balancing weights adhere and fall off.. the factory-fitted wheels are balanced at the factory and dont have the gel coat before balancing...

yes, in GOOD times, an average salesperson can easilly make over 65k but anfortunately we arent in 'good times' at the moment hahaha

not sure what planet that engineers get paid poorly -all the engineers graduate or not are on a good wicket over here !!

and coincidentally so many of our customers are some kind of engineer - either electrical, mechanical, civil or even chemical - it's bizzare !

rk 86 wa
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
wtf...you cant be serious..almost everyone i know who has finished my civil engineering course is earning 70 grand or more

lol.... 70k eh? so im guessing my dad when he was still an engineer and his friends who were/are on 250+k

is a "lower paid profession"

i might as well quit my mechanical engineering degree now and become a police officer bahaha

hisoka
01-11-2008, 11:14 PM
yer i know aye this guy is lost. civil engineers get paid heaps.

i was also talking about 70 grand to make it more realistic lol. cause i knew everyone would try and call bs if i said 250k lol. btw in perth 100k plus is normal straight out of uni/tafe isnt it ? over in brisbane cadets are on about 40 ~50, still studying then more when finished.

sowwi fur teh thread jack.

SPQR
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
"According to the Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers, Australia’s (APESMA) 2007 Graduate engineer employment survey report, the average starting salary for engineering graduates is around $51,784. In 2007 the average starting salary for chemical engineering graduates was around $55,020, which was the highest salary of all the engineering disciplines. Experienced chemical engineers can earn in excess of $120,000."

The above are not my words. I know over 15 engineers; most are senior engineers. They are not highly paid.

W.A. is different because of the mining boom.

hisoka
02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
true, well not to brag and i dont wanna go way off topic so pm me if you wanna discuss further, leave this guy to discuss what he wants in his own thread

62rocket
05-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi all, I had the alignment of the CRV looked at during it's first service (700kms). The alignment was incorrect and the dealership had the front and rear aligned. I am please to say the alignment worked and the car is now driving like a new Honda should.

I recommend to anyone with a wandering CRV to get the wheel alignment checked front and rear and not just the front only.

lolipss
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
thats good news 62rocket.

do you need to pay the dealer to get your wheel alignment fix? what's the correct wheel alignment for front and rear?

thanks

minircc
07-11-2008, 08:39 PM
what are you guys averaging for fuel consumption on the CRV (current shape)?

62rocket
09-11-2008, 02:09 PM
There was no charge on the wheel alignment through the dealer as it was a warranty job. Apparently if a car is taken back to the dealer in relation to a wheel alignment issue and it's under 1000 km old, it's done under warranty. I am not sure on the settings but I know that the front camber was set to zero on both sides and the car now rides much better with no pulling on a straight flat road. It still pulls to the left slightly on a left camber but that is to be expected on any car.

Currently getting about 9.2 to 9.3 litres to the 100km at the moment. Car is 800 kms old though and mainly does highway driving. Will be heading to melbourne in december and hope to get about 8.5 litre/100km on a long run.

JAC
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
The new CR-V could manage between 6.8-7.5lt on my 200km freeway trip (80km-100km zone) using cruise control (w/ 3 ppl and a 2 luggage).
My lifetime fuel cons is 10.6lt after 2500km, has been improved from around 11liter.
If you travel from Syd to Melb you may get low 7.0 or even better. Keep us posted 62rocket.