PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Beaten A.... (Kill Stories Part 2?)

dc2r
05-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Hey, anyone beaten a R33 gts-t? I kind of surprised myself when I lined one up and I was even with him for a full quarter mile. I know it was a full quarter because I reached fourth gear, almost redlining the others. And I raced him twice, first one up until mid third gear and the other was fourth gear. I think I surprised him too because he was laughing afterwards and told me "that's a quick car!!".

vti-2
05-11-2003, 08:41 AM
You beat an R33 turbo?

What mods do you have on your R?

joneblaze
05-11-2003, 08:46 AM
You beat an R33 turbo?

What mods do you have on your R?
ditto. u kept up even with a GTST? please fill us in. my mates deadset keen on an R33 and is adamant he wont defer from the nissan FI path. but if ur running a stock ITR and can keep up with a 33 then maybe i can steer him away ... :P

Weq
05-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Driver skill can win u races also. He might not know how to handle his car, while u can drive the type-r well :)

XXpl0Sive
05-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Was his gtst stock? Because if it is, then you will have a good chance to keep up with it if you are a slightly better driver than he is, eg. if he doesn't take advantage of his top end pull then, i rekcon you'd take him

1400/187kw=~7.48
1100/147kw=~7.48

(Approx Figures)

But as soon as mod's start...the Nissans OWN

dc2r
05-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I did notice his top end was catching me. I don't think any of us launched it properly because of the downslope of the road, but I beat him off mark. As we (or I) was shifting third, I could see him edge on me a bit but then my car would just stick with him the rest of the way from there until fourth. I would have loved to go to top speed, hahaha, but that's crazy on street. I know Type-R's top out on 239km/h so it would have been pretty interesting. After the race I told him my car was stock. He said his was too, maybe coz I said mine was and he didn't want to be embarrassed, but maybe not. Anyway, his didn't look fully stock, but I can't really tell until you open the hood. My car is dead stock.

It was even too coz he had a passenger and so did I. My brother said I wasn't even redlining :shock: And I still kept up with him!

So anyone else have stories with skylines? It's the first time I've ever lined one up and now I just want to line them up :lol: I've done a few boosted 200's and I obviously lost :P But still close races. Nobody in a Nissan has beaten me more than a body. The worst I got beaten was by a CRX! Why? He had a B18C7 in it. :shock:

Civic Type R
05-11-2003, 04:40 PM
i have drag raced a guy in his DC2 ITR twice at successive intersections. I got him by a car length each time. He was launching it awfully but his VTEC was kicking in hard but by then my lead was too much for him to peg me back.
Damn it made me happy with my stock civic :)

vti-2
05-11-2003, 07:05 PM
I hate to break it to you but he either let you win or is a really SHIT driver. There is no way a stock ITR can beat an R33 Gts-t.

Want proof? My mate used to own an R33 Gts-t and we raced many times and he beat me each time. Usually on take off i kept up but by the time we reached 3rd gear he was at least 1 car length ahead. We are both decent drivers by the way, i know how to drive a car hard. and mine is a VTi-R.

Even untouched, those R33's are quick compared to an N/A ITR. Stock, they pull mid 14sec quarter miles? (with a bit of boost and cat back they can pull flat 14's).

Anyway, those Skyline's are nothing without boost so who cares. Honda's are N/A.

You may as well compare apples and bricks really...

Teggy-Vtir
05-11-2003, 07:39 PM
itr?? i thought he owned a type R

joneblaze
05-11-2003, 07:43 PM
itr?? i thought he owned a type R

Integra Type R

dc2r
05-11-2003, 07:58 PM
I hate to break it to you but he either let you win or is a really SHIT driver. There is no way a stock ITR can beat an R33 Gts-t.

Want proof? My mate used to own an R33 Gts-t and we raced many times and he beat me each time. Usually on take off i kept up but by the time we reached 3rd gear he was at least 1 car length ahead. We are both decent drivers by the way, i know how to drive a car hard. and mine is a VTi-R.

Even untouched, those R33's are quick compared to an N/A ITR. Stock, they pull mid 14sec quarter miles? (with a bit of boost and cat back they can pull flat 14's).

Anyway, those Skyline's are nothing without boost so who cares. Honda's are N/A.

You may as well compare apples and bricks really...

:lol: :lol: You really think a Type-R cannot beat a R33 GTS-T? Doesn't it depend on the driver too? Mate, you're comparing a VTI-R to an ITR. You're comparing your race with a skyline to my race with a skyline. Does that sound funny to you? Have you ever thought about why an ITR costs more than a VTIR? Do you think they have the same engine or something? LOL! I'm not denying that on paper the GTST will beat the ITR. But you can't say that someone with an ITR can't beat a GTST just because someone with a VTIR can't. Have you beaten ITR's before vti-2? If you have, then good on you. If you haven't, then I can turn what you said around and say, there is no way a VTI-R can beat an ITR, unless the driver of the ITR is REALLY shit.

Why must you assume things? Someone keeps up with a car, that on paper, should beat him, and instead of "congratulations for having a Honda and keeping up", you just discourage people. :roll:

vti-2
05-11-2003, 08:48 PM
You really think a Type-R cannot beat a R33 GTS-T? Doesn't it depend on the driver too? Mate, you're comparing a VTI-R to an ITR. You're comparing your race with a skyline to my race with a skyline. Does that sound funny to you? Have you ever thought about why an ITR costs more than a VTIR? Do you think they have the same engine or something? LOL! I'm not denying that on paper the GTST will beat the ITR. But you can't say that someone with an ITR can't beat a GTST just because someone with a VTIR can't. Have you beaten ITR's before vti-2? If you have, then good on you. If you haven't, then I can turn what you said around and say, there is no way a VTI-R can beat an ITR, unless the driver of the ITR is REALLY shit.

Why must you assume things? Someone keeps up with a car, that on paper, should beat him, and instead of "congratulations for having a Honda and keeping up", you just discourage people.

Your keyboard must cop a drilling, i feel sorry for it. Why don't you read my post carefully before turning into some big keyboard warrior.

I said that i ran my mate's Skyline when he had it and lost each time. I didn't say mine was quicker than an ITR, or better, or that my car can beat an ITR.

I'll repeat what i said in my other post. There is no way you could have beat him unless he let you win or he was a shit driver. I'm not hanging shit on your car either. Yes it's different on the road and you beat the guy, but that's not to say he wasn't a shit driver. If you put two drivers of equal skill in an R33 Gts-t and a DC2R, who will win?

In reply to one of your other comments, yes i've beaten an ITR before, not by much either but who's to say the guy wasn't trying? Maybe he was a shit driver?

Grow up and read peoples posts carefully and with more thought before posting back stupid comments and making assumptions.

Rowie
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
kids kids kids..... settle down :x

dc2r
05-11-2003, 09:18 PM
I did read your post properly vti-2. you said that he either let me win (which he didn't because he was surprised.. like i said in my first post), or he's a shit driver (which maybe he was), but then you go on to say "you want proof?"

Tell me something, how are YOU going to give me proof, if you don't have a TYPE-R but only a VTI-R? Does that make sense to you? How is that proof? Are you saying that a VTIR is as quick as a TYPE-R, therefore seeing that YOU lost to a skyline means that a Type-R will lose? You're making it sound like as if you and your car are as fast as a type-r.

Everyone else appreciates the positive input I put into this website except for you. Why do you always have to criticise people for their efforts? Nobody else on these forums has said any crap towards my comments except for you, because you always seem to have issues with what other people say, just because you don't like it. We all have Honda's here mate and we should all be encouring each other, but you have to try and be all good and say that I have no chance.

I didn't ask for any negative crap like yours, all I asked is if anyone else has had an experience with skylines. I didn't want to know what the paper says because I already know. But people experience different things, and just because it's on paper, it doesn't matter. This thread was not started to argue which car will beat what, it was started as a kill stories 2, to hear people's stories of racing. If I wanted to start a thread about debating some crap, then I would have done already. This is not my intention.

eknine
05-11-2003, 11:10 PM
i seconded what dc2r mentioned abt "We all have Honda's here mate and we should all be encouring each other"...

i mean looking around most OZ car forums, i can say that only honda owners are always out there bagging their fellow honda owners, we shld really learn from others to stick up and show some support for our fellow honda owners...

sometime, i feel let down by such attitute-a feeling that you are put down by your fellow community.

gees, some support is always good around ... :wink:

A'PEXi
06-11-2003, 12:57 AM
i mean looking around most OZ car forums, i can say that only honda owners are always out there bagging their fellow honda owners, we shld really learn from others to stick up and show some support for our fellow honda owners...

sometime, i feel let down by such attitute-a feeling that you are put down by your fellow community.

i agree, people should keep their negative comments to themselves. nuf said. :roll:

luzinit
06-11-2003, 12:58 AM
yeh, his race is actually different in the sense that both ppl were racing :)

tonite on the way home from the meet, this celica pulls next to me and starts pointing, and he ripped the shit outta me... but i didnt race... but i bet he thinks i did! was doin somethin ridiculous like going 150 or so.. haha nuts...

stockie
06-11-2003, 01:44 AM
i agree. We should all be giving eachother compliments and stuff like that, and not putting eachother down. Stuff like that makes forums go crap (just look at all the shit happening in the hot4's and fast fours forum).

Well i believe that a stock type r can stay (if not even beat) a stock skyline r33 gtst.

You want to know a kill story. My CRX 87 model. Stock with exhaust (and a paint job) hehehe. Race vtec gen 3's CRX (which everyone knows are faster) but yet there is not one that has beat me on the rd. Cuz im from the crx forum, we have regular meet ups. And we used to go to runs and stuff like that, and i used to munch the gen 3 crx's. How is this so?? Are the drivers crap?? I dont know, probably. But a win is a win. And its all for fun anyway. AFter the first time i lineed up 3 gen 3 crx's and beat them all, they all thought i was vtec, (HEHEHE D16A for ever baby) but nope i wasnt.

Now im not saying that ive got the fastest crx out there, but thats just my kill story (sorry not against a skyline, but these guys that own the gen 3 crx's raced a skyline and were just loosing to them by about a quater of a car lenght).

I say, good on ya DC2R.. But if i see ya on the road (or at the front of work) i hope your vtec is working properly 8) cuz your gonna get spanked just like imbie did last week hehhehehe :wink:

2ds
06-11-2003, 03:29 AM
I challenge you to a duel stockie

*slaps stockie with a glove*

Props to your driving dc2r, I do believe the skyline should chop the ITR though, all things being equal.

-2ds

accordpwr
06-11-2003, 06:39 AM
I have raced my friends R33 many times in closed roads of course.

1. Fully stock R33 - I win

2. CAI and cat back - dead even till 3rd gear (140km)

3. CAI and turbo back, 9psi - lost by 2 cars till 170km.

Whenever either one has too much wheel spin then its over for him!

Civic Type R
06-11-2003, 11:52 AM
hehe,
why are we comparing 1.8NA to 2.5Turbo ?

I think we should be prowd that the NA engine can match it with the bigger turbos and be on with it :)

PIN01S
06-11-2003, 12:46 PM
HEY DC2R WEN DID U RACE A SKYLINE?... LOL... N E WAYS I CHALLENGE U TO A DUEL... ON 1 CONDITION.............. U HAVE A CAR FULL OF PPL AND I HAVE ME....... I START 100 METERS AWAY FROM U ...... AND WELL IF I WIN I TAKE UR CAR AND I TAKE THE RESPECT............

kiddoDC2
06-11-2003, 12:49 PM
HEY DC2R WEN DID U RACE A SKYLINE?... LOL... N E WAYS I CHALLENGE U TO A DUEL... ON 1 CONDITION.............. U HAVE A CAR FULL OF PPL AND I HAVE ME....... I START 100 METERS AWAY FROM U ...... AND WELL IF I WIN I TAKE UR CAR AND I TAKE THE RESPECT............

ahhh common this is just getting sad
moderators arent ye suppose to be doing someitng

PIN01S
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
LOL...HEY KIDDO IF DONT LIKE MY POSTS THEN DONT READ IT... :roll:

bennjamin
06-11-2003, 02:47 PM

dood...r u always angry or deaf ? Take off ur caps lock man ! Ok !

Peace... 8)

joneblaze
06-11-2003, 02:51 PM

dood...r u always angry or deaf ? Take off ur caps lock man ! Ok !

Peace... 8)

..... i was waiting patiently all of today after flicking thru a few threads to see who would finally snap and touch on that..... :P
and it seems u, ben, are the man. i suggest anger management counselling.... ;) :P

but seriously tho dude, it IS really annoying having PEOPLE TYPING LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING THEY SAY EVEN IF WHAT THEY'RE SAYING DOESN'T REALLY REFLECT THE TONE OF THE PASSAGE AND CAPS......

stockie
06-11-2003, 08:29 PM
I challenge you to a duel stockie

*slaps stockie with a glove*

-2ds
**stockie runs to his GF for a little bit of TCL as he has just been bitch slapped :cry: boo hooo

heheheheheheheheheh

(ohh this TCL is turning kinda kinky heheheh thats for the slap) :wink:

dc2r
07-11-2003, 12:55 AM
stockie... TCL? Isn't it TLC? Tender Love and Care?
PIN01S, I thought I told you about the skyline? And yes, please take OFF your CAPS LOCK!
So what's everyone else raced here? Any kill stories?

stockie
08-11-2003, 05:43 PM
no.. its TCL (shut up man..... was tired :oops: ) boo hoo stop picking on me

ALLMTR
09-11-2003, 03:29 AM
Yes I've beaten GTS-T's. Oh and GTR's too hehehe

All at the Creek where racing should be done 8)

sesshoumaru
09-11-2003, 01:53 PM
If both cars were stock, then i'd say it's a drivers race.

Stock R33 GTST's really arn't super quick. If the ITR can get ahead on launch, and work its powerband, it's an extremely potent weapon. That said, a properly driven R33 GTST is no slouch either (but still not so devestatingly quick that an ITR has no chance in hell).

The turbo car will always respond way better to mods than an NA car.

And, really... a win is a win. If we picked at the small details every single time, then nobody would ever win.

MOVING ALONG (more kill stories, less arguing!!), haven't had any kills lately, but i raced an FTO version R the other night, and to my suprise it was an even race! That fto has got I/H/E and a vafc. Mine is stock cept for filter.

one more chance
09-11-2003, 03:56 PM
why is people doubting that he kept up with a gtst in a itr? hell i kept up with them in my dc2 vtir. they are not hella quick by any means. most modified r33 gtst (usual bolt-on mods) can bearly crack sub 14s at willowbank..... take them to the circuit and its chop chop time!
blah blah driver skills.....how hard is it to launch at 5000rpm and shits at 8250rpm? :P

dc2r
11-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Any other kill stories (not necessarily skylines)?

I spanked a NA Supra the other day. Just thought I'd share :)
My window was down so I could hear his engine trying to make me deaf. End of 2nd he couldn't catch me anymore, but I don't think I was pulling away from him anymore... about 1 car length.

one more chance
11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Any other kill stories (not necessarily skylines)?

I spanked a NA Supra the other day. Just thought I'd share :)
My window was down so I could hear his engine trying to make me deaf. End of 2nd he couldn't catch me anymore, but I don't think I was pulling away from him anymore... about 1 car length.

man i can never beat NA supras in my teg vtir! but may car hasn't exactly been modified for straight line racing! :wink: had a good run with a GPX FTO this morning......1st run had him by probably 2 lengths to 120km! 2nd run was at half throttle and i must say the mivec sounds sweet once it kicks in!

SiNH
11-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Hmmmms good entertaining read.

As far as I am concerned its not a drag unless both cars launch right from the line, you cant both take off as normal in 1st and 3 seconds later you or the other guy plants it and jumps a head start,.. to me thats cheating.
If this was the case then this dude would be the same dude that tells his mates that his 95 Ford festiva 1.5L beat a GTR but stopped racing when it hit 80Km cause as we all know street racing isnt a good thing to do at such high speeds.

If this was a rolling start then both the cars has to be in 1st or 2nd and level before anyone plants it, there has to be some sort of acknowlegement to be classified as a drag.

There is always 2 sides of the story, when I see an excel pull up next to me and he revs his engine it does not make me want to chop him, just laugh inside at the fool and let him take off front wheel spinning off the line straight to his mate to tell them that he chopped a WRX off the line.
People in cars fast cars picks their drags, they are not gonna be bothered racing anything non turbo'ed or doesnt come with 8 cylinders from factory. Its not worth the waste of petrol or bald tyres.

I have raced a few DC2R in my car when it was stock and it all depends on the day, the angle of the sun and the phase of the moon at the time cause 1 race I win, the next race the R wins. I have massive respect for the DC2R, this is the car that made me modify my car so I can beat it all the time now in stock trim.

A stock DC2R will be able to pull about half a car length on a GTST to about 100km or so but anything after that the GTST will reel the DC2R in and pass it. Its basically power to weight ratio. This has been my experience with these two.

I personally do not think a VTiR anything will be able to take the lead on the GTST past the 80Km speed.

I read alot that because they have so much power on the rear wheels ( any car not just GTST ) that they are gonna wheel spin forever before taking off the line, this is crap because you dont have that amount of power underneath you and not know how to launch properly. Unless you borrow your dad's car or your mate's car and do not know the car well enough to race anyone else on the road ( which is dangerous anyways ) then that would explain the wheel spin occurance.

Remember guys, its not wether you win or lose, its what you tell your friends afterwards.

A'PEXi
11-11-2003, 04:40 PM
how does the stock wrx go against the dc2r?... any more info sinh? :)

SiNH
12-11-2003, 08:35 AM
how does the stock wrx go against the dc2r?... any more info sinh? :)

As I said, its depends on alot of factors. One race I would win the next he would win. Because the WRX is a high LOAD engine being a turbo and all it doesnt really like to rev, and the DC2R is a high REV engine it has a wider power band than the rex. Ideally if you had a turbo charged Type R then it will be able to blow almost any car off the road.

The WRX loses ground to the VTEC during gear changes, as with a 5MT each time you change gears your revs drops too much at alot of time below peak boost power band ( the 6 speed box as in the S15 or STi is sweet and fixes this ). The 5MT is too long to keep the turbo spinning at its peak.

Look at it this way, my car's peak power band is at approx 5500rpm. Naturually you would change gears when you hit this section of the tacho and I do, when I am hitting 5500rpm and is in the middle of the gear change the VTEC is still within its peak band and charges on, this is where it makes ground on the Rex.

The race from here on is pretty much even, and its pretty much up to the driver's ability to make the right choice as when to change gears in both cars. I would say the DC2R and the WRX is pretty much on even ground in stock trim.

The reason why the WRX will not always win against a DC2R all the time in stock trim is because of the OEM ECU, you see the WRX peak boost hits 14.5psi, what Subaru doesnt tell you is that the car is very scared of this limit. As soon as the boost gauge needle hits 14.5psi it puts it tail between it's legs and bolts back down to 11 or 12psi literally instantly, it never holds peak boost for more than less of half a second.
I may be making an excuse for the WRX by typing all this, but its fact.
1st gear will peak at 8 or 9 psi, 2nd gear can hit between 10 to 12psi. It is only in 3rd before the sweet spot occurs, it hits about 13psi in 3rd, then in 4th and 5th it peaks to 14.5psi.

What I have done is put in a computer and makes the turbo hold boost til redline at 15.5-16psi, so this is how I am able to take on a stock DC2R and win everytime.

Wouldnt it be good for the DC2R drive to be able to just wind up the boost? hehe unfortunately this isnt possible on a NA engine.

Got alittle side tracked there, I reckon a Rex with a 6MT would be able to get the best of the Type R since the box will be able to keep the revs within the boost power band. That is the reason why these two cars are so evenly matched in stock trim, the gear change lag time is the downfall of the Rex.

There are other technical factor how the Rex works that I dont really dun wanna get into that.

XXpl0Sive
12-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Great thread!
This is what a forum is all about, people expressing and defending their point of view, but we have to make sure we keep it non-personal :)

So anyway, I was driving next to a Series 1 GTS-T, and it was the ugliest skyline I've ever seen, it had the Series 1 spoiler with a GT-wing on top of it :roll: It had an exhaust etc.. and I got chopped. The End. :arrow:

mo
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
looks are decieving ben :wink: :lol:

dc2r
12-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Wow SiNH, that's a cool story. Which model WRX do you have? I've never raced a rex either and it's one of the cars that I actually want to. Never pulled up to one at any lights before. And these days, half the rexy drivers are middle-aged women and the like. They seem to appeal to the older buyers these days. So i doubt they would give me a run.

SiNH
12-11-2003, 02:46 PM
hahah I dunno if I should be insulted or not regarding that comment about middle aged women hahaha.

I have a MY02 man.

Its not true, theres hardly any chicks driving the Rex, any model.

Its either their husband's or boyfriend's car. You see women are the smarter spicies of humans, they for some reason object and think that its ridiculous spending more than $2500 a year on insurance on a car *shrugs*.
This is why you dont see many younger guys driving the Rex, cause insurance is a killer, and if there is then the insurance is in mum or dad's name.
You should check out the www.rexnet.com.au forum man, theres like only 4 or 5 chicks on there, out of 1300 members. Also the average age is like mid 20's to mid 30's,.. when insurance is less of an issue.
Ive stopped racing now fellas, ive done 22,500km on the car and its just over a year old and Im replacing my clutch in 2.5 weeks, its slipping big time now and no one should be replacing a clutch on a 1 year old car.
As well all know by now the weakest link in the WRX is the gearbox, therefore they had to make the clutch weaker so you dont kill your box, too many 5000RPM slipping of the clutch has taken its toll.
So yeah they not only appeal to the older buyers, Im sure if the guys on here had a choice and insurance wasnt an issue then I'd put money on the fact that a large percentage of people here would be driving a rex also.
Its all comes down to insurance and cop magnet factor.

A'PEXi
13-11-2003, 10:56 AM
thanks for the answer Sinh, very informative :) i guess it will lead on to - how to modify a wrx :lol:

SiNH
13-11-2003, 11:23 AM
thanks for the answer Sinh, very informative :) i guess it will lead on to - how to modify a wrx :lol:

Hahahaha I dont think so mate, no more Rex talk. This is the wrong forum for it hehe.

one more chance
13-11-2003, 06:43 PM
The reason why the WRX will not always win against a DC2R all the time in stock trim is because of the OEM ECU, you see the WRX peak boost hits 14.5psi, what Subaru doesnt tell you is that the car is very scared of this limit. As soon as the boost gauge needle hits 14.5psi it puts it tail between it's legs and bolts back down to 11 or 12psi literally instantly, it never holds peak boost for more than less of half a second.
I may be making an excuse for the WRX by typing all this, but its fact.
1st gear will peak at 8 or 9 psi, 2nd gear can hit between 10 to 12psi. It is only in 3rd before the sweet spot occurs, it hits about 13psi in 3rd, then in 4th and 5th it peaks to 14.5psi.

What I have done is put in a computer and makes the turbo hold boost til redline at 15.5-16psi, so this is how I am able to take on a stock DC2R and win everytime.

now thats interesting read! i never knew that rexes had variable boost settings! Sinh....how did u find getting off the line against the DC2R? You would've nailed it off the line but he wouldve caught up on gearchanges right?

Weq
13-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Yep he nailed the launch, as well as his gearbox and clutch =P

SiNH
13-11-2003, 09:02 PM
now thats interesting read! i never knew that rexes had variable boost settings! Sinh....how did u find getting off the line against the DC2R? You would've nailed it off the line but he wouldve caught up on gearchanges right?

Yeah if Im not mistaken most if not all turbo cars works like this, its to save the gearbox in AWD cars ( imagine hitting full boost all the time during normal driving, the shock to the drive train will break something ), and in FWD and RWD to decrease fishtailing when boost kicks in. In the S15 for example there is hardly any boost in 1st and 2nd gear, imagine taking off at the lights and reving it to 3000rpm and 500rpm laters full boost kicks in BAM! your rear kicks out, either left or right and if theres a tree or car next to you then you can kiss your ride goodbye.
Also since a turbo is a mechanical item, physics plays a big role in this also, it needs enough time to spool up without restrictions in air flow and thus producing its efficiency during the higher gears.

Getting off the line isnt a problem in the Rex due to its AWD nature, I tell you one thing though,... if you have ever experienced a 5500rpm clutch dump and its your car I can tell you that you would never do that again, the shock to the drive train is too immense for it to be good for it and too many of these will definately break a gearbox.

When I did the 5500rpm launch once and once only I shat my pants and at the same time felt the biggest adreneline rush of all time, even better than a roller coaster. Vrrrrrooom! Vrrrooooom! revving 5000K, 4000K, 5000K, 5500K, 3! 2! 1! lift clutch off floor 1inch slowly and wait for it to bite then as soon as it bites LIFTOFF!! fast!! ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooosh! in a blink of an eyelid your tacho reads from 2500rpm to 6000rpm literally.

After you hit about 120kmh or so you would stop the drag before anything bad happens, and whilst this is happening you get a strange smell in your cabin, the smell of BBQ clutch being fried :oops: :lol: :lol:

This is the safest way to launch a Rex without doing too much damage to the gearbox, but as I said before at the expense of the clutch.

You see a race between the ITR and the WRX is all down to the driver, how game the Rex driver is prepared to risk his gearbox, if not the gearbox the wear on the clutch. However every now and then a perfect gear change happens and the revs stays within peak powerband and its anyone's race.

This of course when we are talking stock v stock.

Weq
13-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Actually, the Rex's boost is ECU limited. On most other cars, fullboost is attainable in any gear. Boost spikes and other things can only effect certain gears, and you can get different levels of boost in different gears, but this is usually due to dodgy manual bleed valves.. If uv got a EBC, you should pick up even boost acros the board.

SiNH
14-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Actually, the Rex's boost is ECU limited. On most other cars, fullboost is attainable in any gear. Boost spikes and other things can only effect certain gears, and you can get different levels of boost in different gears, but this is usually due to dodgy manual bleed valves.. If uv got a EBC, you should pick up even boost acros the board.

Yes this is true that it is ECU limited, thus the reason why I upgrade my ECU. You'd be surprised to get some boost figures of current turbo cars in 1st and 2nd gear at least they they never hit full boost in factory form.

You have to bear in mind, not everyone wants to get kicked out sidewards taking off normally at the lights when boost kicks in. You've have to be prepared and expect it or else you may lose it, the people that do want this will have to get an EBC to obtain this rush.

bennjamin
14-11-2003, 08:47 AM
I TOTALLY 0W3N3D this big van that parked next to my UTE at the shoppin centre car park the other day- he parked waaaaayyy tooo close to my drivers side door - i had to get in via the passenger side !

SO !

I innocently took off , and rip a sizeable ding up the side of his door- accidently ofcourse :p - then realised what i did and did the runner ( in my 30hp @ the wheelz power fantastic ute)

8)

mo
14-11-2003, 12:24 PM
hahaha u naughty boy ben!! i think we should get wynode to spank u

SLAVE
18-11-2003, 09:21 AM
On the topic of Nissan's V Honda's there's a certain somebody on here who owns an Imported gen3 SiR and also a ****ing tough Nissan..... Talk to "Taz" about speed differences, he'd have a pretty good idea...

phils_herre
19-11-2003, 01:26 AM
hey,
my friend has a 01 ITR and he has beaten a few gts-t's before... i guess it depends on the quality of their car and engine (ie. boost might be low, air filter clogged, needs a tune, dirty lol...)

I was in the car with him and kept up with a rex then at the next set of lights beat a gts-t with 1 passanger... then at the next set of lights again lost to a glxi lancer (he wasnt too happy about that :evil: )...

however i guess it all depends on the driver, wat there driving and how they look after there cars...

on that note my friend pulled over another type R that he saw yesterday... Turns out this guy imports parts from japan cheap for you... His 01 type R had an APEXI timer on it and was running around 6.1sec/100km with no turbo or nitro... he reckons that they were taking corners at 90km and handled better than his type R...

neways, i would give my left nut just to own a type R damn it... lol :shock:

luzinit
20-11-2003, 12:16 PM
hey i lost to an integra gsi 4 times yesterday... wtf...

am i really that shit of a driver?? my car is an ek vtir.. fuakk i got beaten by like 1/2 - 1 car length all the way to 130 each time... and i was giving it all my car had as well! launched at 4k, shifted at 8!

damnnn i need more mods to compensate for my SK driving hahahah

A'PEXi
20-11-2003, 01:37 PM
hahahaha badluck tony :D did the gsi have any mods?

dc2r
20-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Keep practising dude. Practice makes perfect and maybe you're granny-shifting :P But your car should be quicker than the GSI Teg. I've been and also driven my cousin's ek vti-r... pretty quick cars and would eat any v6 out there except the xr6t. Keep working on it and you'll get it :) Either that or the gsi actually has mods?

SiNH
20-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Or a sleeper ITR with fake GSi badges to throw people off whats under the bonnet.

joneblaze
20-11-2003, 02:36 PM
8) no, she's stock.

luzinit
20-11-2003, 02:37 PM
whats granny shifting?? is that like slooooow shifts???

hey and how do u guys launch, feather the clutch at all or do u just rev it to a certain rpm n drop it??

i hate riding the clutch so i just drop it.. also, what do u guys reckon the civic vtir does 0-100 in??

mo
20-11-2003, 04:33 PM
i heard a certain civic vti-r got owned last night by a teg gsi 4 times in a row :lol:

2ds
20-11-2003, 06:05 PM
i don't drop the clut in my crx it bogs down if i do (seeing as all the power is made hhigh up in the rev range)

try bringin the car to 5k and letting the clutch out so the wheels spin a bit, see if you take off better ..

quite often the person willing to do the most dammage to their car wins the race =D

-2ds

guard-rail
20-11-2003, 07:01 PM
[quote="luzinit"]whats granny shifting?? is that like slooooow shifts???
quote]

yeah what's granny shifting...i've only ever heard it in fast and furious...

dc2 ITRs are pretty impressive stuff...as for beating a 33gtst...of course its possible...everycar out there has it's own character...maybe the guy couldnt drive (most likely) or there's something wrong with his car (not unusual)...the dude did a great job of beating the gtst though...props to him...

mo
20-11-2003, 07:15 PM
ditto about hearing it in F&F!!
so what's granny shifting? :D

SiNH
20-11-2003, 08:15 PM
quite often the person willing to do the most dammage to their car wins the race =D

-2ds

I hear ya bro I hear ya... ditto to that.

2ds
20-11-2003, 08:17 PM
I thought it was a reference to how you used to have to double clutch when they didn't have synchro mesh on cars. granny shifting would be trying to change gears without double clutching thereby fuxoring your gearbox ???

i'm guessing here, anyone on the board like 50+ years old so they were around when synchromesh was hightech ?

-2ds

mo
20-11-2003, 08:36 PM
what's double clutching? haha i'm the biggest n00b :oops:

XXpl0Sive
20-11-2003, 08:46 PM
...shifting down a gear.

mo
20-11-2003, 09:29 PM
...shifting down a gear.

...then why the fark don't they just call it shifting down a gear!! fkn idiots :roll: :lol:

wynode
20-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Double clutching is mainly used when shifting down a gear but......its not just 'shifting down a gear".

Its used when ur synchros are worn or if you don't have synchros mainly!

Eg when shifting down you disengage the clutch, put it in neutral, engage the clutch (let the peddle out) then disengage the clutch again, put it in gear and re-engage the clutch.

Basically lets the Layshaft come upto speed.

A'PEXi
21-11-2003, 12:39 AM
double clutching can be used upshifting as well (not nessecary in modern day cars) usually for old cars/buses/trucks what have u .... anyway, what it is - between your gear changes, you shift into neutral and rev match before you change into your next gear eg. 2nd-neutral-rev-3rd.... sort of like heel and toe as well (except heel and toe is downshifting)...

luzinit
21-11-2003, 02:18 AM
i don't drop the clut in my crx it bogs down if i do (seeing as all the power is made hhigh up in the rev range)

try bringin the car to 5k and letting the clutch out so the wheels spin a bit, see if you take off better ..

-2ds

exactly man!! dun wanna wear out my clutch prematurely so i just drop it instead of feathering, and it kinda bogs.. haha

i guess i wil have to mod my car so i can beat other cars while "taking it easy" hahahaha.....

2ds
21-11-2003, 10:25 AM
exactly man!! dun wanna wear out my clutch prematurely so i just drop it instead of feathering, and it kinda bogs.. haha

5k isn't too bad, the car still isn't producing _that_ much power.
7k launch on the other hand has the cabin smelling like roasted clutch for 5 minutes afterwards even with the roof off =)

-2ds

mo
21-11-2003, 10:48 AM
double clutching sounds complicated but then with all that work isn't just normal shifting up and down faster?

or even flat shifting :wink:

dc2r
21-11-2003, 01:45 PM
This is starting to become a "tech" thread... so I won't say anything about double-clutching as everyone seems to have a different point on this. But I can tell you that granny shifting is basically what it says. A granny can't shift too quickly can she? So I guess it's making slow gear changes.

To launch the car, I usually rev it to 3K and slip it. Makes a bit of wheel spin (which is good for launching). I think there is another thread in tech or whatever, about all this double-clutching/grannyshifting/launching stuff. So anyone run anyone lately? Anyone wanna run? :lol:

civicboy
21-11-2003, 10:44 PM
hahaha ill take u on dc2r :!: :wink:

fried
24-11-2003, 10:34 PM
okok, so i OWNED joneblazes gsi in some squirts... all of them.... in third gear i pulled away hardcore......

this is all from standing start.

on the freeway, on the other hand, we drop third gear punches.... so in forth doing 110, and drop third punch. but as soon as we're in third, his gsi pulls away, i dont pull back at all, im left behind.

WHY? can anyone explain?

i mean as soon as i drop third, im basically in vtec already... at 5k...

joneblaze
24-11-2003, 10:36 PM
okok, so i OWNED joneblazes gsi in some squirts... all of them.... in third gear i pulled away hardcore......

this is all from standing start.

on the freeway, on the other hand, we drop third gear punches.... so in forth doing 110, and drop third punch. but as soon as we're in third, his gsi pulls away, i dont pull back at all, im left behind.

WHY? can anyone explain?

i mean as soon as i drop third, im basically in vtec already... at 5k...

...... :oops: owned by VTEC....

fried
24-11-2003, 10:42 PM
i mean, im not concerned with the winning on drags, cos thats meant to happen, even though at times i HAVE been owned byt he mgiht of the gsi.... and i guess when a gsi beats a vtir, it really HAS BEEN OWNED... but im wondering why the gsi will pull away on teh freeway?

XXpl0Sive
24-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Hmmm, Jon's GSi isn't "stock" also he has them small wheels too! Don't let Jon's small things fool you 8)

joneblaze
24-11-2003, 11:29 PM
lol....he's my best friend, u think he doesnt know? :roll: my car's basically stock, and those small wheels are 14" stock Integra GSi hubcap wheels man....... :!: all that being said, GSi shouldn't be beating VTiR like that, should it?

XXpl0Sive
24-11-2003, 11:31 PM
BAA BAA Jon :twisted:

stockie
25-11-2003, 09:45 PM
tonight i raced my friends R32 gts. HE has a t3 turbo on it (he put it down to 5psi so he can run me).. If we launch, the pulls in first and second but we are even in third (meaning he doesnt pull in 3rd). Then we were rolling on the highway in second, we both gave it, i pulled a little then we shift into third and he pulls by half a car length.. Dammmm turbo cars.. I think its time i took my standard motor off retart timing and put it back to normal. I should also probably stop filling up with wollies petrol aswell heheheeh

LUD02C
25-11-2003, 09:54 PM
What i have beaten that is N/A

- 1989 Prelude
- Exa's
- Cordia's
- Laser (done up)
- 1989 CRX (done up)
- 405 93 model
- 2000 Subaru Liberty

I have also beaten a Turbo Cordia, he wasn't running to well...

Once raced a WRX, and beat him cos whent he lights when green his gearbox went BANG...

Lost against my mates Volvo S40 Turbo :(

fried
25-11-2003, 11:16 PM
i got SLAMMED by a carrera 4

AHAHAHAH... didint even realise.....

A'PEXi
27-11-2003, 12:56 AM
lol eric, owned by carrerra :D

and your saying that rolling on the highway, jon's gsi beats you right?....

ah789454
26-12-2003, 10:16 AM
i own a civic vtir

last night i ripped the crap out of a the new s15 200sx (dont know which one spec R or spec S). i got him at a set of traffic lights killed him in first, second, and third. but mid way through third he gave up. i was too far a head. so he pulls up next to me and asked my what was under the hood, so i said i just had a little work done (by this i mean alot but only my fellow hondowians need to know that).
cos i didnt think he was worthy of knowing that my car is running on NOS!!! :D :P :D

shhh thats our little secret ;)

civicboy
26-12-2003, 12:16 PM
show us ur engine bay man ;) hehehe

luzinit
26-12-2003, 02:24 PM
hahahaha,,.. i was halfway thru reading it and i was thinkin wtf>>!>! u ripped an s15?? thats amazin :) then yeh..

diu le lo mo
29-12-2003, 04:15 AM
well u are all loser.....doesn't matter which car beat which car......My EF9 is the best.....i pull away from the skyline gtst easy.....this car with exhaust, filter, boost controller and no more....he's a good driver n he was suprised he lost....The only time i lost to a gtst is one with ****ing big intercooler....the car is around 300hp.....so l lost by 3-4 car length......but anyway when both cars are at 200km/h apart. its the same......no fast or no slow....

A'PEXi
29-12-2003, 08:32 PM
dil lay lo dou

dc2r
30-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Hahaha... what the hell kinda comment is that? "well u are all loser... doesn't matter which car beat which car... My EF9 is the best..."
What makes your car the best? The fact that you lost to a gtst? LOL! How's your car on track dude? I don't mean to offend you or anything, but you can't climb onto here and say your car is the best when the fact is that you've lost before, and then call us all losers...
Life is not a straight line....

joneblaze
30-12-2003, 04:36 PM
he's a shit stirrer. check out his other helpful replies. Mods please warn/ban this clown.

i dont agree that "we are all loser"... ;)

guard-rail
30-12-2003, 07:49 PM
john, son, leave him along, he IS THE DIU LE LO MO...let him live life quarter mile at a time, and for those 32.289 seconds, he's free (from the laughter)...let him cross the finish line at 200km/h while getting showered in the Sun Long...

Cartoon
05-01-2004, 02:40 AM
beat a r33 gts-t the other day
u jst gotta try to get a good launch and keep the rev's up.

i beat a few turbos, 180's and s14's dont like me either

luzinit
06-01-2004, 07:34 AM
aeheaheah good kills dude ;P

ooo sung-hi.com.. howcome dats in ur sig?? hahah

BlakTegra
08-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Anyone beaten a NA supra (newer bodies)? I raced one at the lights and i bet by half a car length on 3rd gear. I was leading all the way from the line.
We both had a passenger in our car.

This cant be right, yea guys? My car must be super fast or he's just a crap driver :(

[[d a n n y]]
08-01-2004, 10:54 PM
n/a supras arent that fast and they r heavy cars as well

not much power coming out of em

u drive a VTi-r? or ITR?

A'PEXi
09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
vtir, says in sig :D

BlakTegra
11-01-2004, 11:04 AM
I heard that NA supras can keep up with a WRX.

Anyone raced a WRX yet? My mate wants to drag me with his WRX. I'm shitting myself..hahahahha

civicboy
11-01-2004, 12:02 PM
ITR / DC5R will kick rexies =p
hehehehe

luzinit
11-01-2004, 02:02 PM
asif.. hehe

joneblaze
11-01-2004, 03:29 PM
ITR / DC5R will kick rexies =p
hehehehe
Is this a useless biased comment coming straight out of nowhere? Or a learned informed statement? Or maybe the "hehehehe" denotes you were joking? :roll:

civicboy
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
yeah i was kiddn' m8s

Calvo
11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
my mates got a N/A supra and he's a decent driver.
they r pretty slow cars for wat they are, damn heavy. he JUST beat a Civic coupe Vti-R (i think is it EM1? like the one hanson has). he only had the civic in 3rd gear, but then again he sorta slipped 2nd. still was a close race.

joneblaze
12-01-2004, 12:56 AM
my mates got a N/A supra and he's a decent driver.
they r pretty slow cars for wat they are, damn heavy. he JUST beat a Civic coupe Vti-R (i think is it EM1? like the one hanson has). he only had the civic in 3rd gear, but then again he sorta slipped 2nd. still was a close race.

serious? if that's representative of the N/A Supra's true potential i'm disgusted... lol.... for something that looks so gorgeous she should be going harder than that! :)

luzinit
12-01-2004, 01:27 AM
its a beautiful cruiser tho! my mate has one, n/a , manual, very nice car ! its decent tho, just overshadowed by its twin turbo brother :(

A'PEXi
12-01-2004, 01:55 AM
itr compared to the wrx.... comes down to the driver, who gets a better launch and so on :D informative article written by the wrx dude b4.... (sorry cant remember your nick)

joneblaze
12-01-2004, 02:05 AM
itr compared to the wrx.... comes down to the driver, who gets a better launch and so on :D informative article written by the wrx dude b4.... (sorry cant remember your nick)

are u referring to Sinh? I think that's his nick......

dc2r
28-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Last night I raced a new Falcon XR6 Ute and beat him twice... just thought I'd share :D Then he followed me looking to redeem himself and I just ignored him... LOL... cos there was a cop station up ahead... duh :p

civicboy
28-01-2004, 11:19 PM
hahaha mad shizzel dc2r...

Boost
30-01-2004, 03:33 PM
man dc2r, it seems like you bloody drag everyone and everyone wants to drap you! hahahaha. I on the other hand want to drag someone, but i cant seem to find any.
Just side tracking abit here, in regards to dumping the clutch at high rpms. Has anyone ever tried this with a heavy duty clutch? cause it aint a nice feeling on the car, fly or gear box. The huge sound it makes when engaged, its freaky.
Anyways, im still waiting to run someone, oh well one day. Whether i am the victim or they, it shall be fun. Oh and GOod on ya mate dc2R, bloody show those forced stockie induction boys what vtec and especially THE R's are all about! hahahahha. Thats what happens if you come too close to a ITR with attitude!

Weq
30-01-2004, 11:47 PM
I think it was a non-turbo XR :) and i correct?

A'PEXi
31-01-2004, 01:15 AM
v8? :P

euro77
31-01-2004, 10:44 AM
I don't think they make a turbo XR6 for ute.

McChook
31-01-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't think they make a turbo XR6 for ute.

They sure do... check out Zoom mag, the XR6T project car is a ute.

My latest drag races

TX3 Turbo 4WD - chopped it by a bit, had quite a bit of turbo lag and a clunky gearbox...

WRX - the first generation with the low wings, zero mods, and dumb driver - Quite a nice victory to the BB6.... this is the second time I have beaten a WRX, both were the very early model.. but a win is a win

I had some maniac chick in a DC2 'teg fly past me yesterday on Fairford road at Padstow/bankstown too.. she wasn't up for a drag, tho she was pervable...

dc2r
31-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I think they make XR6T utes... but this one wasn't a T coz I beat him twice too easily :P But still fun anyway... I'll race anyone that's willing... I'm still yet to come across a WRX so if there's any out there listening or readin my post, please line me up! Heehhe.. Just wanna see how I go that's all :D
And the old model rexies are quicker than the new ones too....

McChook
31-01-2004, 01:55 PM
the very first model, 1994/5 series had 137kw or so.. there are so very few left, alot were stolen, and the rest have been thrashed.

Rowie
31-01-2004, 04:25 PM
yes they make the XR6T in the ute.... the fastest XR6T in australia is a ute. Its the APS ute, 385KW of bolt on modifications :)

2ds
01-02-2004, 02:13 AM
VL turbo with four guys in it (the ones in the back must have been FAT because it was almost dragging on the ground) pulled up next to me and started revving his engine. I had a passanger too so i figured it was fair enough. the road was wet which was a good test for the new tires. Got an almost perfect launch, only a tiny bit of wheelspin. he was at my rear bumper by the top of first and in my rearview mirror by the middle of second. The new tires were certainly worth it, i would have spun through 2.5 gears with the old ones =/

I thought the VL turbo's were supposed to be faster ?
I'm assuming it was a VL because I didn't think holden mae any other turbo cars ?

-2ds

Rowie
01-02-2004, 08:43 AM
VL turbo's are pretty fast for an old bomb-adore, but in the wet even if he had an LSD, he would have found it hard to launch without wheelspin. Find him again in the dry and see how you go, the VLTurbo's (assuming it was turbo and not some ricer adding the badge) are 150KW at the fly from the factory. So add age and wear and tear to that and its probably more like 125KW at the fly in 2004 :)

Good going chomping him.

euro77
03-02-2004, 06:50 AM
I beat a V6 commodore lastnight after work, beat him about 1/2 car length at 80kph before I have to break due to traffic ahead :x

madgrk
03-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Beauty of VLT's are that the RB engine is pretty robust, and with a bit of work can be an absolute monster! Problem with these cars though is the age and the fact that its extremely hard to get power to the ground in the wet.. For a quick everyday family car, you cant beat a cheap VLT (for under 10grand I mean)..

theo

Creative
05-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Well I had my first proper run in my car the other night on Springvale road thru the few sets of lights past the Glen shopping centre there. I was in my lude and this dood was ni an 89 or so CRX with zaust and bit of a kit etc etc.

We went thru the lights at High street and Springy, and then came to the first set after them that you can turn into the glen. I was in the middle lane, and he on the left. Nothing was really initiated but as the lights went green we both sort of punched it hard. I was using the SS so I let it rev right out to 8000 and then changed to 2nd.

I was quite impressed cos he had the same idea and punched it too. Seemed to be nexk and neck but when the vtec kicked in theu 1st gear, I pulled away slightly. By the time I hit vtec in 2nd gear it was all over red rover.

Pulled up alongside at the lights of Waverley road and he didnt wanna look. Finally down the lights at Fentree Gully road, I was next to him with him on my right and his passenger window was down a little and I was like "Dood......Doood...." and he wouldnt look again.....so the lights went green and i just shouted "THUMBS UP DOOD!" and he glanced over and smiled. :)

I wasnt wanting to bag the guy, hell, I wanted to say nice one. Im not usually into this kind of stuff, Im one of those silly people that do not realise I drive a quick car. My friends need to keep reminding me :D

But now after this, I think I have a lick for it.....see what happens on the way to the meet tonight im going to at the glen ;)

CivicCoupe
05-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice encounter! :thumbsup:

Hey what kind of car have you got?

Creative
06-02-2004, 12:07 AM
A 5th gen lude, vtir.

Had 2 passengers plus me and also a subby and amp in the boot so a bit of extra weight.

Nothing to brag about, but I was happy :D

joneblaze
06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Congrats dude. H22A is poowwwwerful :)
Glen Waverley n Ferntree Gully..haven't heard those names for a looong time. Used to live in the area when i lived in Melb :P

Creative
06-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Ta man :)

So I should be happy about this win? You see Im still one of those who doesnt kinow 100% whats fast and whats not - Im only just getting into cars :)

Why did you move? Melbourne shits on Sydney ;) :D
hehehehehehe

joneblaze
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Ta man :)

So I should be happy about this win? You see Im still one of those who doesnt kinow 100% whats fast and whats not - Im only just getting into cars :)

Why did you move? Melbourne shits on Sydney ;) :D
hehehehehehe

Dad got new contract, so we left and came up to Sydney... best city in Australia ;)
Melbourne is nice, but spend a day on Bilgola Beach followed by woodfired pizza and jugs at the Arms, and you'll be rushing to change your state numberplates ;)
btw, i used to live near Ferntree Gully... Wantirna Sth in fact. Went to Knox Primary for a coupla yrs :)

madgrk
06-02-2004, 06:27 PM
LOL @ WANNIE hahahha i'm right near there.. No wonder you like Sydney more LOL! :D

Creative
07-02-2004, 12:27 PM
LOL yer fair enough I see your point. Im over in Templestowe so a bit away from Wantirna. I went to School in Glen Waverley though (awhile ago) so I know down that way well :)

I got shamed by a tx3 turbo the other night, but I wont mention that here ;)

olda
08-02-2004, 08:18 PM
hey,
my friend has a 01 ITR and he has beaten a few gts-t's before... i guess it depends on the quality of their car and engine (ie. boost might be low, air filter clogged, needs a tune, dirty lol...)

I was in the car with him and kept up with a rex then at the next set of lights beat a gts-t with 1 passanger... then at the next set of lights again lost to a glxi lancer (he wasnt too happy about that :evil: )...

however i guess it all depends on the driver, wat there driving and how they look after there cars...

on that note my friend pulled over another type R that he saw yesterday... Turns out this guy imports parts from japan cheap for you... His 01 type R had an APEXI timer on it and was running around
6.1sec/100km with no turbo or nitro... he reckons that they were taking corners at 90km and handled better than his type R...

neways, i would give my left nut just to own a type R damn it... lol :shock:

My experience..............
Gts-t(stock,my friend) versus VTiR Teg (I,H,E, me)) at Calder drags (ave. drivers)
Gts-t 14.7, 14.8, 14.4, 14.2 sec.
VtiR 15.9, 15.7, 15.5, 15.5 sec.
Just can't see how, if both cars are in similar condition and the drivers are equally skilled. could DC2 ITR beat a Gts-t over the 1/4 mile.
The best 1/4 mile result (i saw) for the stock DC2 ITR was 14.9sec. ;) ;) ;)

totti
09-02-2004, 03:58 PM
your DC2 VTIR should be able to hit 15.2-15.3 with decent headers

mku01
11-05-2007, 01:10 AM
the moral of the stories is that it's pointless spending so much for a dc2r when one can get the renowned self-claimd dc4r for less and can work the trick just as good as a dc2r.... guess i'll sell mine and go look for a vtir and flog some type r's

i dunno why people think that turbo is the shit... i've beaten gtst's with fmic, exhaust, filter... all thanks to 6000rpm start ;)

the trick is to race at the right rpm ppl

crx_boy7
11-05-2007, 01:17 AM
not this shit agen
the cars arent brand new so theres huge factor invilved, condition of engine, pasengers,tyres ect

barefootbonzai
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
hahahah nobs, this thread is like 4 years old. Probably just before road racing stories got banned.

macoman69
11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
LOL well while im hear.

EVO 9 - all the way to 5th gear neck and neck
EVO 5
EVO 3
WRX's
WRX STI
S15
XR6-T
XR8
HSV R8
GTS-T's
RX7 S5

Ill add more when i remember the rest

I only have I/H/E (if you dont believe me i dont care I know the truth) :wave:

bennjamin
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
hahahah nobs, this thread is like 4 years old. Probably just before road racing stories got banned.

it took fatalities for these silly threads to get banned :(

Lets not dig up the past guys !

closed