PDA

View Full Version : Engine Buzzing Noise

EP_KING
14-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi guys, today when i was driving, i noticed this pretty loud buzzing noice especially when i accelerate and also when i decelerate. I noticed that the noise is coming from the engine bay area but I cannot pin point the exact area. I thought it was the chain, however if im driving and i decelerate then i press the clutch, the noise disappears. There is also no noise when the car is stationary.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

WhiteAP1
14-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds like clutch buzz.

Give search a go you'll see its a very common and harmless characteristic of earlier models.

Nothing to worry about

ludecrs
14-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Clutch buzz can be defined here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46987

If you find its different to this, let me know and I'll re-open the thread. :thumbsup:

ludecrs
14-10-2008, 09:39 PM
ok guys, thread re-opened.

Sound is different to as described with clutch buzz.

Any thoughts?

WhiteAP1
14-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Only other thing i can think of is the timing chain tensioner.

Need more info or a sound clip

<4n'D>
15-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Only other thing i can think of is the timing chain tensioner.

Need more info or a sound clip

it really sounds like clutch buzz...

tct is more like a 'rattle' than a buzz

EP_KING
15-10-2008, 04:44 AM
i really dont think its the clutch buzz as the sound (more like a rattling noise) occurs when i accelerate and decelerate. Its a pretty loud and worrying noice. I will try get the sound clip. The noice does come around the chain but i think if it was the chain then the noise should b constant. Im planning to get it checked out at eastern honda on saturday as the car is still under warranty. Im going to stop driving it in the meantime as the noise sounds too unhealthy and worrying.

genghiskhan
15-10-2008, 06:54 AM
i really dont think its the clutch buzz as the sound (more like a rattling noise) occurs when i accelerate and decelerate. Its a pretty loud and worrying noice. I will try get the sound clip. The noice does come around the chain but i think if it was the chain then the noise should b constant. Im planning to get it checked out at eastern honda on saturday as the car is still under warranty. Im going to stop driving it in the meantime as the noise sounds too unhealthy and worrying.

hmmm maybe its the air intake is your box properly on??????

<4n'D>
15-10-2008, 09:08 AM

here are two clips with tct problems -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24CiL5_9YvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7YWObOi5zQ

EP_KING
15-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi <4n'D>, thanks for the clip. The sound im getting is very similar to the clips, however there isnt any rattling noice when the car is idle.

I think I found the problem, the engine has no engine oil. My mate asked me to check which i did tonight and it was pretty much empty. Its wierd how the engine oil light didnt come on. Im going to fill it up with engine oil on saturday and hopefully there wont be anymore sound. Lucky the engine didnt blow, so i wont be driving it at all until its filled up with engine oil.

BOOSTD
20-10-2008, 01:57 PM
omg so it wasnt a rattle it would have been a knock.....man F20C with no engine oil is like skiing barefoot

chicken8
28-10-2008, 06:29 PM
wow no engine oil in a F20C.

engine oil light doesnt come on unless theres like only 1L or so of oil left in there

your dip stick only shows the top 1L from memory

so you could've had anywhere between 1L to 3L in your car at the time

BlueBeast
17-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi <4n'D>, thanks for the clip. The sound im getting is very similar to the clips, however there isnt any rattling noice when the car is idle.

I think I found the problem, the engine has no engine oil. My mate asked me to check which i did tonight and it was pretty much empty. Its wierd how the engine oil light didnt come on. Im going to fill it up with engine oil on saturday and hopefully there wont be anymore sound. Lucky the engine didnt blow, so i wont be driving it at all until its filled up with engine oil.
Were you using 'thin' oil?
I had a high oil usage problem using Castrol 5w-30 oil but seems to have improved considerably by switching to Motul 5w-40.
It's scarry when you don't see any oil on the dip-stick!

CRXONE
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah no eninge oil = tapping/grinding sound.

Have experienced this once now I top up the oil inbetween servcies.