PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting an Euro

SeraphimX
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi ppls, first a warm hello, since I'm new to this forum..

Ok, just wanted to get your 2c on the Euro, I just got off my Ps and was thinking of driving something more practical than a coupe. My parents are thinking of either a mazda 6 or an euro. Now I know you guys would definitely say that euro is better, and I believe so too. However I was wondering what kind of fuel economy can I get from an automatic luxury variant of this car. I also would like to know of any issues that I shld take note of and what kind of price I shld expect to pay for a brand new luxury and standard auto version as well as maybe 2nd hand prices if you know them offhand.

Also...what kind of cars in my class can I beat? just for curiousities sake, Im not gonna drag it or anything....

Thanks!

EuroSip
06-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Performance wise euros are definitely better...i tried both the mazda 6 and the euro before choosing the euro...pity you live in perth, since that i was planning to sell my euro now...

anyway about fuel efficiency...i get about 500km per tank...some say you can get like 550km...plus you need premium unleaded....i'm not sure what the mazda 6 needs but it's probably the same...

Honda's are known for their great engineering and so if you're looking for a nice luxury car that will get you from point A to B nicely, then choose it...It's also a chic magnet if you want conservative girls since that it is really comfortable and you can actually talk in the car...or sleep if she needs to ^^ Backseat rooms is great too ^^

I got my car originally for around 47k with a full body kit except for the bootlid spoiler...which doesn't look that good...

With 47k...you might want to have a look at the liberty...which is quite nice as well...to give you my opinion...i would juggle between the liberty or the euro...mazda 6 aren't really great cars...plus, if you're looking for a more sedan type cars...those two are the way to go.

Btw...euros have a tinting problems apparently, so make sure you get that cleared up when you're buying it...

As for interior looks...i would prefer the euro over any of the three cars... ^^

Good luck in your purchase ^^

SeraphimX
06-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey maybe can ship interstate...what color is it and how much you want for it?? can i have the exact details?

coladuna
06-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I guess it mind depend on which state you live in, but I live in Brisbane and I paid 40.5K for manual luxury with free floor mats. Therefore, you should easily get an auto for around 43K on road.

I think the official fuel consumption for auto is around 9L/100km, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Type R Positive
06-10-2004, 07:55 PM
well, I had a good look at the mazda6 as the direct competitor, but there is no comparison between cars. It has less power, and uses more fuel. the ride is no where as good and the euro's come fully loaded. At the end of the day, you will have a way better resale value with the euro as well. If you had a manual, you would be able to whip alot of cars right up to the big 6's (magna holden, ford). The performance/features is aimed squarely at the european cars such as BMW 325's, Audi A4's and so on.You should be able to beat these even in an auto. You might not beat the V8's but it will be close. You can always out run them.

yfin
06-10-2004, 09:54 PM
well, I had a good look at the mazda6 as the direct competitor, but there is no comparison between cars. It has less power, and uses more fuel. the ride is no where as good and the euro's come fully loaded. At the end of the day, you will have a way better resale value with the euro as well. If you had a manual, you would be able to whip alot of cars right up to the big 6's (magna holden, ford). The performance/features is aimed squarely at the european cars such as BMW 325's, Audi A4's and so on.You should be able to beat these even in an auto. You might not beat the V8's but it will be close. You can always out run them.

I agree - definately Euro over Mazda 6.

Not so sure about your resale comment though Type R. According to Red Book they predict 3 year resale at 58% for the Euro :thumbdwn: Mazda 6 is slightly higher at 59%. The Subaru Liberty is 66%.

Reagan
06-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Get a Euro Accord, don't even think twice!

toE
07-10-2004, 01:16 AM
do a search! this has been covered before.