PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Accord Euro Lux Man After 1 month...

chikaboom
18-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone!
I have so many problems with my car after a month of taking delivery (only done 1500 km and use 98oct).

1) Driver's and passenger side window and door trim rattle.
2) Rear window (behind rear passenger seat) loud rattle
3) Wobbly and loose handbrake (it moves from side to side by about 2cm and can only hold the car after 6 clicks on an almost flat surface)
4) No grip in the rear tyres. I was going around a roundabout at 35 on second gear and my car almost did a 180. Was really pissed off.
5) Fuel guzzling sound when I press the accelarator.
6) Gear box and centre console shaking vibrantly when driving on a semi rough road (like highway)
7) Steering wheel shaking and loud noise (it was on a right gear so definitely not an underpower low RPM vibration)
8) Car steering slightly to right

I have been back to my dearlership couple of times.
They said it is all fixed or is supposed to be like that. But nothing has been really changed and they don't really address the problems very well.
I am starting to get really really really annoyed.
What should I do?
To all you experts! Give me some solid advice please. Thank you.

power_of_dreams
18-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I would try another dealership

tony1234
18-10-2008, 07:25 AM
I would try another dealership
^^^^Agreed.Where do you live?We may be able to recommend some good Honda dealers for service.

chikaboom
18-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Pretty far away... Gold Coast. There is only one in South Port and one in Tweeds/Coolangatta. All are owned by Von Bibra. The sales people are great but the service people... hmmm I have my doubts...!!!

tony1234
18-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Pretty far away... Gold Coast. There is only one in South Port and one in Tweeds/Coolangatta. All are owned by Von Bibra. The sales people are great but the service people... hmmm I have my doubts...!!!
Hmmm,i've heard their service division leaves a lot to be desired.:thumbdwn:

yfin
18-10-2008, 09:42 PM
4) No grip in the rear tyres. I was going around a roundabout at 35 on second gear and my car almost did a 180. Was really pissed off.

That would be impossible in the dry in the Euro even with cold tyres - what were the conditions?

Darkii_
19-10-2008, 12:05 AM
the gold coast boys have been saying how poor the service is, some of them even come to brissy to get it done. Personally i've been to Austral honda and highway honda and think they do a pretty good job. Austral Honda will charge you more but has better facilities, highway honda was ~$30 cheaper for my 10k service but its service centre was quite old.

Come try one of our dealers and see if it's any better, might be worth the drive =)

PNR888
19-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Geeeeee, what happened to 8th gen Accord Euro, been out only a few months, and a numerous problem start to surface. wondering if Honda has learnt the art of "cost cutting", I hope not.

Yeah, you should try a Brisbane dealer see if any of them have some trick to get rid of those problem for you.. Did you have window tinting done? if it is the cause of your door rattling noise, and if your tint is done thru the dealer, then your dealer should fix that problem for you. the tint people may have snapped a plastic bolt or two while removing the door penals.

Since you got Manual version, do you get "pinging" noise as other new euro owners describe in the other 2 threads? or you door rattling noise simply too loud and masked the pinging noise.

LXRY
19-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately................WELCOME TO HONDA ):

chikaboom
19-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Impossible? Well, let me tell you, IT DID.
Slight rain on tarmac and 35km right turn at roundabout with 2nd gear with VSA on.
Make any sense? It doesn't and that is why I was pissed and still am!
Even on dry surface, the car doesn't feel like its got much grip in the rear tyres.

brissyjoe
19-10-2008, 09:01 PM
ive just done 2k in my cu2 lux manual

the only problem is that there is a slight rattle on drivers side but cant find were

i think even bmw has rattles. so i can live with them.
i have to have my 1000 km service first how much is that.

also i got 850km out of my tank not bad hey

EUR003act
19-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Slight rain on tarmac and 35km right turn at roundabout with 2nd gear with VSA on.
Even on dry surface, the car doesn't feel like its got much grip in the rear tyres.

so wet roads... roundabout (90 degree turn)... and the back slid out?

and your complaining? :confused:

i know theres a round about near my house that once wet even taking at 20km/hr the car will slide (any car - not just the euro)

tony1234
20-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Being slightly wet(and probably a bit of oil/grease on the road surface)will be enough to cause a car to spin out on a roundabout even at that speed.

Suntzu
20-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Being slightly wet(and probably a bit of oil/grease on the road surface)will be enough to cause a car to spin out on a roundabout even at that speed.

..if your driving like an idiot. You forgot to mention that bit at the end.

When my euro was stock you had to be going into a round about like a spastic on Ice to get the rear to step out. Usually in the wet and accompanied by a savage lift off throttle mid corner.

Now i have tein SS and RSB you really have to going in deep and committed and on full throttle then lift off 100% and it will start to rotate the back end in the dry. I wouldn't even attempt it in the wet as the VSA will not save me.

If your car is losing the back end in the wet i would look at the following in order:

1.Theres a problem between the steering wheel and the seat. Most Likely.See my comment about lift off oversteer.:angel:
2. Bad tyres in the rear and/ or incorrect tyre pressure.:eek:
3. Worn out shocks if your car has done a lot of Kays.

My guess is a combination of at least 2 of the above.

Have fun.

cheers

Zimp13
20-10-2008, 10:26 AM
can we claim the warranty of the car from another honda dealer where u didnt get the car from (in the case if the dealer where u purchase the car from cant fix the problem) ???? Or we must go back to the dealership where we got the car from????

snajper
20-10-2008, 08:23 PM
My MY06 Honda which I have sold few months ago never had to have any repairs done to it.(except the rattle in the front window which dealer never managed to fix so I gave up) The window rattle stopped when I lower the front windows only by 2mm.

I since bought a new MY08 Accord and I am already battling slight rattle near the rear speakers.

I wonder if Honda is still as good as what it used to be years ago.

aaronng
21-10-2008, 09:35 AM
can we claim the warranty of the car from another honda dealer where u didnt get the car from (in the case if the dealer where u purchase the car from cant fix the problem) ???? Or we must go back to the dealership where we got the car from????

You can go to ANY Honda dealer. :thumbsup:

snYpz
21-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I since bought a new MY08 Accord and I am already battling slight rattle near the rear speakers.

I wonder if Honda is still as good as what it used to be years ago.

The slight rattle is due to a missing rubber that cushions the vibrations. I heard this from the dealers in the weekend when we ordered our new CU2 lux satnav :D

aaronng
21-10-2008, 10:11 AM
The slight rattle is due to a missing rubber that cushions the vibrations. I heard this from the dealers in the weekend when we ordered our new CU2 lux satnav :D

Did they tell you where that rubber is meant to be located at?

snYpz
21-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Did they tell you where that rubber is meant to be located at?

No they didnt.
They mentioned it because we were questioning about the rattling sound in the auto CU2. Well the salesperson said that the accords with the noise from the rear speakers can have the rubber piece installed under warranty.

aaronng
21-10-2008, 11:15 AM
No they didnt.
They mentioned it because we were questioning about the rattling sound in the auto CU2. Well the salesperson said that the accords with the noise from the rear speakers can have the rubber piece installed under warranty.

I need to find out information on that, because the same problem existed in the CL9. The parcel shelf would rattle with any bassy song, with stock audio.

kam
21-10-2008, 09:49 PM
you sir, in my opinion, have bought a 'friday' car !!!

tron07
22-10-2008, 08:23 AM
If your car is losing the back end in the wet i would look at the following in order:

1.Theres a problem between the steering wheel and the seat. Most Likely.See my comment about lift off oversteer.:angel:
2. Bad tyres in the rear and/ or incorrect tyre pressure.:eek:
3. Worn out shocks if your car has done a lot of Kays.

My guess is a combination of at least 2 of the above.

Have fun.

cheers

1. Could very well be
2. check the tire pressure, maybe its too high, set it back to the recomended. What the CU2 recomended presure? I set my rear (CL9) at 34-32 depend on condition, 16" stock rims and front +2 of the rears.
3. He did mention its a CU2, new car, so rule this out.

Bobjones
22-10-2008, 08:45 AM

Great input and intelligence...maybe :zip:

As for the rear parcel shelf I have not noticed this problem, however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this. I could have bought a Commodore or Ford with the expectation of such problems but not something "made in Japan". Quite disappointing, maybe the F1 budget is getting stretched and they need to source funds by reducing quality control....

aaronng
22-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Great input and intelligence...maybe :zip:

As for the rear parcel shelf I have not noticed this problem, however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this. I could have bought a Commodore or Ford with the expectation of such problems but not something "made in Japan". Quite disappointing, maybe the F1 budget is getting stretched and they need to source funds by reducing quality control....

The problem now is that the CU2 was designed as a global car, unlike the CL9 which was originally a Japan-market car. A car for USA, UK, Oceania. You get compromises and those compromises results in minor problems. Minor problems do not justify a recall, unfortunately.

Here is a snippet of info, in Japan, they still sell the CL9, not the CU2. ;)

The X Man
22-10-2008, 11:49 AM
however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this.

I am with you on this one. Whilst my car is finally fixed it has highlighted the lack of quality control Honda have in their cars.

I too doubt very much i would buy another Honda again.

snYpz
22-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I am with you on this one. Whilst my car is finally fixed it has highlighted the lack of quality control Honda have in their cars.

I too doubt very much i would buy another Honda again.

Did you also have the problem with the rattling noise. We just ordered the CU2 lux satnav in auto, so if its the same problem most of the ppl have complaint abt, i would like to know what the fix was.

Cheers

The X Man
22-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Did you also have the problem with the rattling noise. We just ordered the CU2 lux satnav in auto, so if its the same problem most of the ppl have complaint abt, i would like to know what the fix was.

Cheers
No, i have a new CL9. It had a pile of problems from the moment i took delivery.

tron07
22-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Hmmm... I thought all the late models of CL9 are bullet proof already....

JDM stuffs are usually top notch.

MiSloVic
22-10-2008, 04:30 PM
No they didnt.

i had always wanted to believe a salesperson... but something tells me that he/she is just lying through the teeth to get your sale.

i seriously wonder if the salesperson would be interested in a 'piece of missing rubber'.

talking to a mate in the auto industry, he said cars these days are no longer designed to be fault proof. why? increasingly, govts around the world wants manufacturers to honour their warranty, even though regular servicing was not done by an 'authorised agents'.

studies have shown as well, that people usually get their warranty concerns addressed during the dealer servicing.. thus, they are designing cars with some 'minor problems'... these minor problems are so minor (eg, some squeaks, clicks, paint blemish) that you won't want to visit a dealer just to have it fixed, but they are annoying enough to make you want to have your car serviced at the dealer, so that you can do your warranty claim 'while you are there'.. real sneaky...

let's hope honda has not adopted this approach, and hope that the problems reported so far will be resolved by the later batches...

chikaboom
23-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Freaky friday!

chikaboom
23-10-2008, 07:44 PM
The problem now is that the CU2 was designed as a global car, unlike the CL9 which was originally a Japan-market car. A car for USA, UK, Oceania. You get compromises and those compromises results in minor problems. Minor problems do not justify a recall, unfortunately.

Here is a snippet of info, in Japan, they still sell the CL9, not the CU2. ;)

I was checking Japanese Honda website at www.honda.co.jp
It didn't have the new accord euro.
What's up with that?
Does anyone know why the story is as such?:honda:

zaqmlp
24-10-2008, 10:32 PM
the CU2 will be out in japan in Dec...
here is the link http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORD/new/
if you can understand japanese ;)

SPQR
27-10-2008, 12:31 AM
I was checking Japanese Honda website at www.honda.co.jp
It didn't have the new accord euro.
What's up with that?
Does anyone know why the story is as such?:honda:

The world is the guinea pig for Japan. We get to see all the faults first. Honda finds, fixes and then sells perfectly sorted cars in Japan where they can't afford to have any faults.

When I say "fixes" I don't mean that they'll fix faults on cars sold throughout the world; only sort them out so they don't happen (ever) in Japan.

centurionau
27-10-2008, 08:13 AM
The world is the guinea pig for Japan. We get to see all the faults first. Honda finds, fixes and then sells perfectly sorted cars in Japan where they can't afford to have any faults.

When I say "fixes" I don't mean that they'll fix faults on cars sold throughout the world; only sort them out so they don't happen (ever) in Japan.

Following on from this logic then, perhaps it may be best to assume that any CU2 with build date of 11/08 onwards may not have the pinging or other quality issues, or is that too much to ask.....?

aaronng
27-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Following on from this logic then, perhaps it may be best to assume that any CU2 with build date of 11/08 onwards may not have the pinging or other quality issues, or is that too much to ask.....?
I'd give it 1 whole year to sort out problems. :p
Even Japan-made civics had the sticky window problem that plague the Thai-made civics!