PDA

View Full Version : Keeping door seal rubber etc in good condition

Exar Kun
18-10-2008, 01:55 PM
What's the best way to keep the rubber door seals and generally the matt black parts of the car looking fresh?

TIA :)

tony1234
18-10-2008, 04:33 PM
What's the best way to keep the rubber door seals and generally the matt black parts of the car looking fresh?

TIA :)
I use silicone spray on the door rubbers,just spray liberally on a cloth and massage it in.as for matt black parts do u mean the interior parts?If so i dont use anything,i just keep it clean by wiping it regularly(1-2 a week) with a chamois.

PNR888
19-10-2008, 02:09 AM
As tony1234 said, Silicon spray will be your friend for this job. Make sure you apply some around the rubber seal of the sunroof too, it will prevent rubber from drying out and cracking, also prevent rubbing noise between rubber and metal.

You may also want to wind down your windows, and apply some silicon spray to the rubber where window glass edge meet it. Coz sometimes the door penal rattle noise is not because of the plastic door penals but rubbing of window glass with rubber seal.

hope this help

tpphan
19-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I use 303 Products Aerospace Protectant, keeps the rubber looking like new. It also protects against UV which causes fading and cracks.

JunYu
21-10-2008, 09:59 PM
silicone spray +1

fmunir
24-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I use silicone spray on the door rubbers,just spray liberally on a cloth and massage it in.as for matt black parts do u mean the interior parts?If so i dont use anything,i just keep it clean by wiping it regularly(1-2 a week) with a chamois.

I have got a cu2 and passenger side rear door rubber seal is cracked , asked honda to replace under warranty but they refused saying that it does not come under warranty. Do you know where can i find door rubber seal as I have to replace it by myself

asxu
24-02-2011, 03:23 PM
i use chemical guys clear liquid extreme shine on all "black trim" on my car.