PDA

View Full Version : Euro Insurance

George euro
19-10-2008, 09:38 PM
hey guys just wondering, my car is clearly a defect but when i done my insurance i told them it has twenty inch wheels and its been lowered they didnt specify how low they just noted it down on the policy. does this mean if i was to have an accident im covered? because some people have said to me that if i was to hit my car they can be bastards and not pay me anything if they want?
For the other Euro owners out their who are u guys with for the people with slammed euros mainly with 20's as well?

Q_ball
19-10-2008, 09:41 PM
No one will be able to answer your question with 100% certainty, BUT your insurer.
Why dont you pick up the phone and call them 2moro morning?

trism
19-10-2008, 09:43 PM
+1 to Q

best thing to do is ask them yourself

[ricer]
19-10-2008, 09:44 PM
when i had full comprehensive on my old car they just wanted $50 extra a year after i got it lowered... they didnt ask me about how low or anything (just car)
now with the civic i told the lady the car was turbo charged running aftermarket ECU blah blah blah and all she said was that as long as the modifications were legal they would be covered (also with just car)

a friend of mine who does window tinting had said that he's had requests to remove tint from cars at holding lots before the insures come to inspect it as the tints they had were illegal... maybe you can raise ur car up if anything was to happen to it (touch wood nothing happens) before the insurance inspectors check it out?

sorry for the rambling on lol

George euro
19-10-2008, 09:46 PM
True True but the reaSOn i dont want to ask the insurer is they will say AS LONG AS ITS RTA approved we wil cover, in which it is not and 90% of cars on this forum are not but the reason i am curiose is because lets just say I BOUGHT THE CAR LIKE THIS i told the insurance it is "lowered" with 20s therefore i have not lied so if i did can nailed im assuming i may have a strong case in stil being covered? i hope im making sencE? just curious if any1 else has thought bout this issue?

[ricer]
19-10-2008, 09:48 PM
if the rule states that the car has to be rta approved i dont think any story will pass...

George euro
19-10-2008, 09:48 PM
;1943931']when i had full comprehensive on my old car they just wanted $50 extra a year after i got it lowered... they didnt ask me about how low or anything (just car)
now with the civic i told the lady the car was turbo charged running aftermarket ECU blah blah blah and all she said was that as long as the modifications were legal they would be covered (also with just car)

a friend of mine who does window tinting had said that he's had requests to remove tint from cars at holding lots before the insures come to inspect it as the tints they had were illegal... maybe you can raise ur car up if anything was to happen to it (touch wood nothing happens) before the insurance inspectors check it out?

sorry for the rambling on lol

yes touch wood nothing happens but thats tru if need be u can always raise if IF u have the chance, but the bottom line is they didnt specify therefore i can hold that against them because wen i tried NRMA they said MAKE SURE only 1.5 inches whereas GIO said OK that was all lol :-s

George euro
19-10-2008, 09:50 PM
;1943947']if the rule states that the car has to be rta approved i dont think any story will pass...

tru tru i dont think i can pss dat 1, dam lol just drive safe n be carful i guesss, after this euro tho, im over al this crap n cops n so on, i wanna get something that is nice stock next year like a golf r 32

[ricer]
19-10-2008, 09:54 PM
lol u will always want to lower ur car i reckon... then when its lowered... ur gonna wanna go lower...lol buy a 4wd like a range rover

George euro
19-10-2008, 10:00 PM
;1943968']lol u will always want to lower ur car i reckon... then when its lowered... ur gonna wanna go lower...lol buy a 4wd like a range rover

lol yeh i will brb im just going to the tree in the bak yard ill grab a $100 000 off it and buy the range loll

sassy_fit_vtit
20-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Open the little booklet that you get with your policy documents aka the Product disclosure statement, look at the index and look up the section that they will not over..

i am 99.99999999... % sure that there will be a clause noting the car being in a road worthy state.. If the car is defectable, then it is not covered

Eg. Just car Pds http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/library/pdf/JCI-Policy-Document_Comprehensive-Brochure.pdf Page 20 of the PDS

Are you Covered?

If your car was in an unroadworthy or unsafe condition that contributed to
the accident being a condition that was known to and disregarded by you. NO