PDA

View Full Version : Auto Euro Accord Being Modified?

Reagan
06-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Whats your opinion on an auto euro being modified?

btw anyone know the legal size for rims on a euro =)

wynode
06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
IT's the same deal with any other auto IMO :)

toE
07-10-2004, 01:20 AM
what's wrong with modifying an auto Euro? it's your car...do what you want with it.

Pum[Z]
07-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Each to their own when modifying cars... Many cars are modified that are auto's and not manuals....

Don't know what the legal size for the euro is... I will probably tell ya in 2 weeks time when it comes to insuring my 19inch alloys... See of the insurance company wants to accept it....

Type R Positive
07-10-2004, 08:39 AM
It is your car, do what you want to do with it. I think it is +2 sizing for rims to be legal? 18" anyway. Go 20's

integraz
07-10-2004, 09:33 AM
wait till a turbo kit or s/c kit comes out, then you'll blow away the manual'd guys but you might have to wait a fair bit.. or you might be unlucky like me and that they dont make auto turbo kits & s/c ktis for the dc5 [apart from cybernations, but i aint going to ship my car to and from usa] :(

fongyfong
07-10-2004, 10:01 AM
its ur car man, who cares, do ur car up anwyays. my car is auto and its a bit modified

fongyfong
07-10-2004, 10:02 AM
and do it up man i wanna see

Jus-10
07-10-2004, 10:46 AM
There is no law that specifies exactly how big your wheels can be (in NSW). The law states that the overall rolling diameter cannot increase by more than 15mm over the largest available factory offered wheel (see your placard)

So technically you can fit 19s so long as the tyres are correct. Whether you can get insurance is another matter, and the legalities extend to incresing track width, and the actual width of the rim.

Check out the RTA site for specific details on legalities...it's all there for you...

Tofu
07-10-2004, 01:03 PM
hehe...my car is an auto...and i still modify it to my likeing..
spent $10,000 worth of mods on it and still haven't gotten anywhere, but it's the fun of doing it that makes me do more!

just do as you please...if i was to buy a car again, given my situation, i'll still get an auto...(tiptronic only... :D )

wait till a turbo kit or s/c kit comes out, then you'll blow away the manual'd guys but you might have to wait a fair bit.. or you might be unlucky like me and that they dont make auto turbo kits & s/c ktis for the dc5 [apart from cybernations, but i aint going to ship my car to and from usa] :(

Greddy makes turbo kit for DC5...
alternatively, you can do a custom job...

baboo
07-10-2004, 01:41 PM
yeah Tofu got a bad ass auto DC5.

It doesn't matter what mods you put on, as long you have some fun with it and enjoy it in the process.

Reagan
07-10-2004, 03:14 PM
hehe...my car is an auto...and i still modify it to my likeing..
spent $10,000 worth of mods on it and still haven't gotten anywhere, but it's the fun of doing it that makes me do more!

LoL!

Yeah Im going to though I wouldnt want an exhaust but most people usually do that as part of a first modification

You reckon it'll be alright to mod the car without an aftermarket exhaust?
its the air flow that im worried about...

Type R Positive
07-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Stock exhaust should be fine, but if you want it to sound bad ass, it needs to be done. (or you can drill holes in the mufflers!)