PDA

View Full Version : where is the reverse wire?

Shimian
20-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Anyone know where to find the reverse wire or fuse so i can tap a signal on a Civic FD2? I tried to run a trace from the rear light but no luck. Checked the interior fusebox but non corresponds to reverse.

Heres some info so far to locate where it is but cannot find it.

Reverse Lights BROWN (+) AT VEHICLE FUSE PANEL
E15 Brown under the fuse box connector E

Any help is appreciated.

Shimian
23-10-2008, 05:56 PM
bump
still cant find

Mr Abzii
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Bump, need help aswell.

curtis265
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
What is your intention? I tapped the reverse light once to isntall reverse sensors - pretty straight forward

Have you downloaded the service manual?

Mr Abzii
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I need to pick up the reverse circuit from the fuse box, but I can't seem to find the reverse wire. No I haven't downloaded the service manual. I have been searching dead ends for over an hour

Baby Face
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
i think with the "newer" hondas you can get to the reverse wire from the RHS floor sill because the loom for all the rear lights will run down that side.

good if you want to run a screen near the front of the car for a Reversing camera. but if the wires at the back dont work then i would find out how the system works then otherwise your saying that your reverse lights dont require power to make them light up.

Rage King
02-04-2013, 08:28 PM
the other way is grab the reverse wire directly from the gbox reverse sensor wire.

if its auto trans then there maybe more than 3 harness plug. but if its manual there should only be 2 harness plugs.

The harness plugs that is connected to any gbox are any of the following;

VSS -Vehicle Speed Sensor
Auto transmission sensor (forgot the exact technical name for it)
Reverse sensor (should be a 2-3pin Black harness plug as pictured)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/mikehead999/Final%20Drive/IMG_1422.jpg

try this if you get no luck with the reverse light tap-in or from the fuse boxes etc.

also use a light tester too.

try

Rage King
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
How dis u go wit this? Did u find the + reverse source ?