PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered Vehicle

rpm boy
20-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi All
Buying an Unregistered vehicle from newcastle and have to get it down (Drive) to sydney, anyone knoe how to obtian a UVP or Done something similar? Rang the RTA Number but the lady wosnt very helpful
Cheers
Rob

Q_ball
20-10-2008, 10:22 AM
You maybe better off towing the car back down to Sydney.

The only time where i've heard of someone being allowed to drive a car whilst unregistered is if its to the mechanics place to get a blue slip.

Id give the RTA another shot though.. sometimes its just a matter of finding someone that understands your problem - call centres, you sometimes do need to call back more than once.

rpm boy
20-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Qball Will keep on to them

rebound
20-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi mate,

Just drove down from Brisbane buying an unregistered car. You'll need to apply for a UVP as stated and get insurance for the amount of days you've applied for in the UVP.

The costs are $20.40 per day + the insurance for the period. But this was through QLD Transport, when I called the RTA about this they told me to go to Qld transport, so there are some helpful ones out there.

doggys_fan
20-10-2008, 07:05 PM
legaly no u cant drive it bak but when i drove my unrego car bak home i got pulled ova by highway patrol, but i had the guy i got the car off write a reciet i just showed them that nd they let me go. but no u cant get uvp, the cops said they went out a few years ago. but wat qball said is correct u can drive it to blue slip nd bak home or to blue slip then rta then home but u have to use the most direct route possiple. if u get pulled ova u just tell them wat ur doing then they record ur vin no. nd ur licence no. nd then let u go.

Simmo2302
20-10-2008, 08:18 PM
in QLD u can get a UVP sold a unreg car a few weeks ago and the guy who bought it did that so he could drive it about 150kms tween towns legally.

sassy_fit_vtit
20-10-2008, 08:28 PM
depends on where you live or where you are taking the car to.

In QLD you can obtain a day pass CTP (Class 22 i think) which will allow you to drive the car unregistered from 1 location to another that will need to be purchased in conjunction with a slip from your local transport authority.

You could always tow it as others have said or have it trucked (may cost about a grand)

eG_YoDa
20-10-2008, 10:58 PM
i bought a car in melb and drove it back to adel that was unregistered, it didnt even have plates on it
not sure of the processes in syd but i had to get the vin number, engine number etc go to rego office and get a UVP
they give u a slip that u stick on ur windscreen
was pulled over bout 4 times and let go every time no problems

hope that helps

na-118
21-10-2008, 11:51 AM
i drove my old school charade back, unlikely you'd get pulled over with traffic on front and back of the car and p plates if you are one, q ball i understand you have to drive it to the mechanics to get blue slip, but does that mean pink slip as well if its out of rego for 2 weeks or so?

rebound
21-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Pink slip is necessary whenever the car has run out of rego, unless the car is less than 5 years old. And a blue slip is also necessary if its an interstate car.

I drove Brisbane -> Sydney with no number plates and p-plates on and didn't get pulled over once, which was surprising especially since I was driving a 'hoon' car lol

Limbo
21-10-2008, 01:28 PM
if a car goes out of rego for more than 1mth it needs a blueslip also.
Pretty sure that if you get a blueslip you don't need a pink slip

trism
21-10-2008, 01:29 PM
if a car goes out of rego for more than 1mth it needs a blueslip also.

nah, its 3 months. this was discussed in a thread last week

na-118
21-10-2008, 01:36 PM
LOl yeah this was already discussed, out of rego for more then 3 months requires blue slip under the three months without rego only requires pink

rebound
21-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Pretty sure that if you get a blueslip you don't need a pink slip

Yep. If you have a blueslip you don't need a pink.

Zilli
21-10-2008, 06:22 PM
got so much garbage in here...

listen, under the RTA scheme, you can get a conditional registration... similar to the UVP which has been discussed.... unsure what they are called in NSW, although i really really should, long story....

Call the RTA again, or walk into a branch, you pay a fee which is reflective of how long you want it form usually on a daily basis... this covers your rego and Compulsory Third Party Personal Injury insurance... i strongly recommend that you also get coverage for the car as well, whether it be Third Party Property Damage, or Comprehensive

i cant get you more detailed info when i get to work if you really need it, but do defintely call the RTA again