PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Windscreen washer help?

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi guys, help out a noob ;)

I have just bought an 03 Euro Luxury and the only thing that is wrong with it (that I've just noticed) is that when you pull the stalk to make the windscreen washer jets spray, no water!

On further inspection it appears water just barely oozes out the jets, but we're talking drips only, and yes, the washer reservoir is full :angel:

It is possible that the washers have not been used in a long time, as it was previously owned by an old bloke that hardly drove it (it's got 17500ks and is 5 years old lol). Could be clogged up somewhere but both left and right nozzles ooze the same amount of drips it seems.

On my old (old, old, old) Accord it was super easy to get to the bottle but on these new ones it's hidden way down under things and I've got no idea what to do - anyone got any suggestions that will save me taking it to the mechanic??

Cheers
:wave:

longers
20-10-2008, 06:20 PM
poke it with a pin

my_vtec77
20-10-2008, 06:27 PM
My old camry had same problem. I just took to mechanic.

What they did was, took out the main pipe going to sprayers and blow out the dirt using air pressure blower or something which is used for spray painting as well. That's it. Only 10 bucks for it.

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 06:33 PM
poke it with a pin

I did try that, but only very gently I was worried I'd bust something, should I shove it in?! :angel:

g.ta
20-10-2008, 06:35 PM
it's most likely be clogged with dirt?
maybe try putting some warm-hot water in washer reservoir and try squirting it.. hopefully the hot water will break through the dirt? its worth a try..

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 06:41 PM
it's most likely be clogged with dirt?
maybe try putting some warm-hot water in washer reservoir and try squirting it.. hopefully the hot water will break through the dirt? its worth a try..

Cheers mate but that'd mean draining the reservoir and that'd involve me asking how to do it lol... I reckon if it's clogged it's been like that for a while so perhaps hot water wouldn't be enough

traumatized
20-10-2008, 06:51 PM
if you turn on your headlights and try the washers out does the headlight washers work?, just thinking that something might be pressing on the tubes in the engine bay

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 07:18 PM
if you turn on your headlights and try the washers out does the headlight washers work?, just thinking that something might be pressing on the tubes in the engine bay

lol do I have headlight washers?? :eek:

euromandeluxe
20-10-2008, 07:23 PM

yep. turn on your headlights and try the washers - if yours is a lux they should be there :) you can see the little covers where the washers pop up just beneath the headlights on the bumper.

snYpz
20-10-2008, 07:49 PM
When did you try the windscreen washers?
The windscreen washer depends on the speed of the car. WHen stationary, the spray is minimal. However, upon driving at higher speeds, the spray is more effective and sprays up higher on the windscreen. That could be the problem that ur experiencing. Give it a try. It happened to me when i first drove the car and i thought there was something wrong with the actual washers lol

BTW the headlight washers work when u pull the stalk whilst headlights are on. You will notice the water spray via the shadow projected by the headlight.

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 08:48 PM
When did you try the windscreen washers?
The windscreen washer depends on the speed of the car. WHen stationary, the spray is minimal. However, upon driving at higher speeds, the spray is more effective and sprays up higher on the windscreen. That could be the problem that ur experiencing. Give it a try. It happened to me when i first drove the car and i thought there was something wrong with the actual washers lol

BTW the headlight washers work when u pull the stalk whilst headlights are on. You will notice the water spray via the shadow projected by the headlight.

Yeah I first noticed it driving to work this morning, didn't work doing 60 - I'll go and try the headlight ones now i assume they'll work stationary...

EUR003act
20-10-2008, 09:01 PM

LMAO! best quote for the day!

:thumbsup: if you cant get them to work, and your not in a hurry to fix it, ill take a look at your car one weekend...

adhunt99
20-10-2008, 09:28 PM
LMAO! best quote for the day!

:thumbsup: if you cant get them to work, and your not in a hurry to fix it, ill take a look at your car one weekend...

Lol yeah can you tell I've had it a week and know nothing! :rolleyes:

That's nice of you - are you a mechanic or just an enthusiast?

Here's the next update, so I took it for a drive, and yes the headlight ones work, very well in fact! But at 90ks the windscreen ones still don't work, nada! Not sure if there's 2 motors and the windscreen's one could be busted, or whether it's just something like blocked pipes between the bottle and the screen... :confused:

EUR003act
21-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Lol yeah can you tell I've had it a week and know nothing! :rolleyes:

That's nice of you - are you a mechanic or just an enthusiast?

Here's the next update, so I took it for a drive, and yes the headlight ones work, very well in fact! But at 90ks the windscreen ones still don't work, nada! Not sure if there's 2 motors and the windscreen's one could be busted, or whether it's just something like blocked pipes between the bottle and the screen... :confused:

just enthusiast... lol

yeah there is two pumps... so you may be correct!

either way, id be more than happy to have a look at it one weekend... (may not be for a couple of weeks cause im extrremely busy atm)

:wave::wave: welcome to ozhonda aswell!

adhunt99
21-10-2008, 07:38 AM
just enthusiast... lol

yeah there is two pumps... so you may be correct!

either way, id be more than happy to have a look at it one weekend... (may not be for a couple of weeks cause im extrremely busy atm)

:wave::wave: welcome to ozhonda aswell!

OK lol well unless I have to take it in to get anything fixed in the meantime that might be good. I'm too scared to pull these new cars apart - not like the good old days lol. :D

adhunt99
28-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for your assistance, the dealer fixed it at my service yesterday (mind you I haven't tested it) they just blew the crap out of it - only cost $8.