PDA

View Full Version : VTIR or ATTS

Grimlock
07-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Which one would be better?
I heard the ATTS has good handling but you can't mod the engine to pump out more kilowatts.

redliner
07-10-2004, 11:16 AM
ATTS has way better handling. But ATTS is heavier than the VTIR and yes you can mod the engine like all other cars, it all depends on how much youare will to spend.

[stealth]
07-10-2004, 11:28 AM
either one.. are limited to the amount of extra KW gain..

ATTS are hard to find also...

Grimlock
07-10-2004, 12:03 PM
poor grammar on my part.
with the ATTS, articles have suggested that the engine cannot be modified beyond 200bhp.
It seems that the ATTS has problems with the light turning on and wobblyness if thats a word.

Can anyone justify this?

McChook
07-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I don't like the ATTS - I find it unpredictable

They also absort more power, but eh...

Just get a VTiR and get an LSD - like I have done

More power = more money - how big is ya wallet??

Grimlock
07-10-2004, 12:59 PM
FRom the specs
The only difference between the VTIR and ATTS is

ATTS system
ATTS has 5 spoke wheels
and the ATTS badge
Does the ATTS have any other extras?

VTIR
Climate Control?

I thought it would have Leather but it's just cloth

Leather is a optional extra.
I am hoping to buy a prelude for under 20k 15k would be nice hhahahha

boost_morrre
07-10-2004, 01:54 PM

Just get a VTiR and get an LSD

agreed :!:

and as he said, more power = more money or should it be:

more mney = more power.

wynode
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Maybe there are reffering to the fact that the LSD in the ATTS model can't handle much higher horsepower than stock. (?)

McChook
07-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Maybe there are reffering to the fact that the LSD in the ATTS model can't handle much higher horsepower than stock. (?)
Type S has ATTS, it seems to handle it fine.

I think a few guys in the US with S/C and turbos didn't like it....

wynode
07-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I think a few guys in the US with S/C and turbos didn't like it....

Or it (the Diff) didn't like the extra power ?

ProECU
07-10-2004, 09:17 PM
the problem is that the ATTS ECU controls some aspects of the ATTS system.
You can not simply add a Proecu or honda$a as you will lose functionality of the atts system.

Herein lies the problem, you will need to reverse engineer the ECU on your own or pay me to do it for you :)

McChook
07-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Or it (the Diff) didn't like the extra power ?
The diff didn't like the extra power/torque....

And ProECU - Depends on how smart you are - there's a trick we use on automatic skylines and running Power FCs...

ProECU
08-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Well I guess i'm not as smart as you, please elaborate as to the similarities of atts & the nissan equivalent & the "trick" you use

McChook
08-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Well I guess i'm not as smart as you, please elaborate as to the similarities of atts & the nissan equivalent & the "trick" you use
It's not much of a secret...
You just run the ignition and fuel off the power FC..

ECU-MAN
09-10-2004, 02:19 AM
The diff didn't like the extra power/torque....

isnt it the ATTS gears & wet clutches that dont like the EXTRA power ?

redliner
09-10-2004, 02:45 AM

What do you mean unpredictable?

Seems pretty fine when i drive it

McChook
09-10-2004, 03:28 AM
isnt it the ATTS gears & wet clutches that dont like the EXTRA power ?
That is the differential - the ATTS mechanicals do not like a lot of power

REDLINER - Ever been to a track?? Or driven it really hard in serious twistes?? It was delayed in its reactions, did not have any feeling whatsoever positively towards driving hard in twisties. I found its reactions were slow (lag) and slightly unpredictable, in that it didn;t come on as storng every time. I personally prefer mechanical LSDs since there is nothning electrical involved unlike the ATTS which has a computer and sensors

redliner
09-10-2004, 07:26 PM
actually i have been on twisties... the road at OP... where there are unbelievable so many twist n turns goin down hill... i was goin hard down it... it handles fine... i reckon it depends on the tyres you have on as well. Yeah but too bad for my bonnet and front bar, was full of chips. But i like to try it on track oneday.

McChook
10-10-2004, 02:32 AM
actually i have been on twisties... the road at OP... where there are unbelievable so many twist n turns goin down hill... i was goin hard down it... it handles fine... i reckon it depends on the tyres you have on as well. Yeah but too bad for my bonnet and front bar, was full of chips. But i like to try it on track oneday.
The only ATTS model I drov in vicous twisties was on OP. I persoanlly couldn't put up with it, much prefer a mechanical LSD myself, but we all drive differently - I found the ATTS late reacting and unpredictable - When I drive hard, I do't want to have to think about how the car will react, I wanna know exactly what it will do - I couldn't be 100% sure with what it was going to do.

THAT SAID - I have not driven a mechanical LSD prelude - from this Wednesday, I'll drive one daily (****ING YAY), but I've driven Type Rs etc with pretty much the same LSD, and it is much more direct and precise.

ATTS felt great when cruising at a high speed, but not going too hard, but turn up the heat, and it didn;t fair too well -

On the track, the ATTS was weird - It worked better as it was less cornering, but I don't think it was any batter than a mechaincal LSD...