PDA

View Full Version : engine swap?/rego

uangel
22-10-2008, 01:36 PM
can anyone answer this question, about engine swap and rego.
well i'm planning a k20a swap in my civic coupe, and i was just wondering that if i do go with the swap, would i need to re_register the car under a new engine, which means new rego etc. can someone that has done this before give me any advice. also with the k20a stock computer, would it be best if i just use a hondata k_100 instead of the stock computer.

PS i know this is kinda of a noob question

VTec1987
22-10-2008, 01:47 PM
You need engineer certificate, then get a blue slip to change your engine number

na-118
22-10-2008, 01:53 PM
you'll need engineers certificate, blue slip, and match up your engine number

sassy_fit_vtit
22-10-2008, 06:01 PM
call up your local transport authority
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89622

uangel
23-10-2008, 04:51 AM
so when i get a blue slip and engineer certifcate, would i hafe to pay rta fee's for new rego. or would it be best if i w8 till da rego nearly runs out then put da engine in, then get it re rego.,, also i got a type S engine and gear box, would it be wise to use the type S gear box or would i just be wheel spinning all da time, becuz it doesnt have lsd

Benson
23-10-2008, 08:14 AM
can anyone answer this question, about engine swap and rego.
well i'm planning a k20a swap in my civic coupe, and i was just wondering that if i do go with the swap, would i need to re_register the car under a new engine, which means new rego etc. can someone that has done this before give me any advice. also with the k20a stock computer, would it be best if i just use a hondata k_100 instead of the stock computer.

PS i know this is kinda of a noob question

Civic Coupe will require an engineers report..once you get this engineers report, bring it to a blue slip to write a change of detail form, then take that form to the RTA so they can print you a new rego form.

Engineers Report around 500-700, blue slip 30

Thats all the cost involved

In regards to ECU, ill go for an Kpro straight up

If you are going to buy an Type S engine package, there is a few things that you'll need to do to make it work

And you wont needs an LSD, you wont be spinning too badly

uangel
23-10-2008, 11:04 AM
i got an offer for the type s engine and everything dat comes with it to make it work, for $7000, without install etc.