PDA

View Full Version : Civic GLi

DJ
05-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Hey Guys,

ive had my ek GLi for a few months now & want 2 konw if it would be worth it 2 upgrade the exhaust, airfilter & any other mods. The car is a daily driver & i know its not a sports car.

BLKCRX
05-11-2003, 09:45 AM
A nice Cold air setup with a good filter placed out of the engine bay... plus a nice cat back exhaust system, remove ya resonator and get your self a ECU to tune your ignition and fuel tables. Tuning will not only give ya more performance and take advantage of your modifications it will also make your car more fuel efficient and run smoother.
Regards James

DJ
05-11-2003, 09:56 AM
That sounds good, but what kind of power gains could i expect after doin all those mods??

BLKCRX
05-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Hmm honestly no one can predict how much more power !! hmm that’s a common misbelief everyone is like oh I want 10% more 20% more blah balh at the end of the day you won’t know until you do it, every engine is different…peak power won’t change that much but overall power and smoothness will change, not like you drive in 4th gr at 7800rpm all the time anyway.
Basically make any engine breath more efficiently, ie intake and exhaust, followed by correct tuning from a real ECU and that’s the equation for more tuned spec’ed car. Simple.

Regards James

armak81
07-11-2003, 01:05 PM
i have the same car as you... done the basic bolt on mods and the gains aren't noticeable... if you just want a nicer sounding car then get the basic bolts on's. As you should know, performance is based on budget. You could swap the motor for a b series or even boost the current one. Depending on how long you plan to keep the car and what you want out of it you can decide from there...

DJ
07-11-2003, 02:05 PM
So wat mods have u done?
Wat did it roughly cost ya?

mo
07-11-2003, 02:36 PM
definitely do a CAI setup wif aftermarket filter!!
as they say, it helps ur car breath if you know wat i mean :D