PDA

View Full Version : Question on wheel size - CD5

2DR33M
23-10-2008, 02:00 AM
hey guys, ive had a set of 18 inch wheels for a while but im thinking it might be upgrade time and i want to get a set of 19's..... found a set i like and they are the right stud pattern, but my only concern is that they are 8's wide and im currently running 7.5 wide, its not a huge difference, but non the less they are wider.

Im wondering if anyone has put any 19's on their CD5 or even any smaller rim with an 8 wide on it

please let me know if anyone has and if so did you run into any drama's... i've done a search and didnt come up with any finds

pics woudl be cool too lol

Tim...

CB7_OWNER
23-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Are you lowered? Are your guards rolled? and is the offest of both new and old rims the same or different?

Im pretty sure running 19's is, in the "need to roll guard action"

2DR33M
23-10-2008, 05:10 PM
my car is the one in my DP... im dropped roughly 3-3 1/2 inches allround, and i haven't had the guards pumped (yet LOL) the ofset is the same as the rims i currently have, so im mostly worried about it scrubbing in the inside guard which would also affect my turning circle

the other thing that would make me not get 19's would be the extra cost for tyres...... hmmm.....

FAT VTI
23-10-2008, 07:54 PM
hey man,
fitting 19's on a cd5 lowered 3inches will cause drama's IMO.
I don't have the experience to tell you coz im running 18s, but I can't see 19s fitting too easily, my 18s struggle to fit. they only just fit without scrubbing.

It's been done before, but i dunno how low and how much customisation is required. Ask the question on www.gen5alive.com one of the yanks would of done it.

Element12
23-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Go dub styles for sure ! drop it on 20's :P

Kidding,

imo, 18" is a good size for the CD5, to me it just seems like the right sized wheel to make it look sexy.

2DR33M
24-10-2008, 06:45 AM
yeah thats pretty much what i am thinking too.... my 18's look sweet, but some new bling is definatley on the cards ;)

plus its almost in possbile to find 225/35/19R tyres... so the costing for the bigger size will KILL me hahaa

Joeyboy
30-10-2008, 09:34 PM
hello mate, i got this car for sale on 19s, tyres are 215/35/19. I didnt have to roll the guards and is lowered 3" (no joke). I have no problems with scraping. people kept telling me NOT to do it....and i didnt listen as I wanted to see for myself.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101160

CB7_OWNER
31-10-2008, 10:08 AM
hello mate, i got this car for sale on 19s, tyres are 215/35/19. I didnt have to roll the guards and is lowered 3" (no joke). I have no problems with scraping. people kept telling me NOT to do it....and i didnt listen as I wanted to see for myself.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101160

WoW.. nice interior man.... but that doesnt look like a 3inch drop..cause you should really be running a fair bit of negative camber with a 3inch drop on an accord.. and yours doesnt look like it has any negative camber, you got camber kits??? Doesn't actually look that low too LoL.. i'd have thought 19"s on a 3inch drop would have the wheel tucked under @ the rear alreadi.....

FAT VTI
31-10-2008, 11:33 AM
WoW.. nice interior man.... but that doesnt look like a 3inch drop..cause you should really be running a fair bit of negative camber with a 3inch drop on an accord.. and yours doesnt look like it has any negative camber, you got camber kits??? Doesn't actually look that low too LoL.. i'd have thought 19"s on a 3inch drop would have the wheel tucked under @ the rear alreadi.....

It prob is a 3inch drop dude, it just looks a bit higher than a 3inch drop on 18s because the wheels are bigger and it takes it off the ground further. I dislike the wheels on the car mate, its just my opinion. I think 19s are overkill on an accord, especially massive chromies like those 19s. However, i've seen 20s on an accord which had bags and liked it. so it just depends i suppose.

good luck with the sale.

2DR33M
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
looks ok dude... but the only problem is that the only wheels you can get that are 7.5 wide are vaults.... and im not a fan at all lol

thanks for the tips tho, im happy to hear that 19's can be fitted well