PDA

View Full Version : Interior or Performance

farkmedead
23-10-2008, 10:50 AM
So there's 2 integras(D2 and D4). Both similar kms, similar condition and price($9500). Only difference being the colour and engine/ vTi-r and GLi. Before you start flaming this isn't another one of those WHICH IS BETTER. I know that if i want performance i would obviously go for the vtec.

Before you continue to read just a few things. I'm going to be using this car on my Green Ps to learn manual for the first time, I plan to keep it for 2 years til I get for my full license, when I will probably change to a turbo( I might keep it as a daily driver since my other prospective car is a fuel eater, but I have no idea if I am or not, maintaing 2 cars costs a lot =\)

Alright, so heres the dilemma, if they were both stock sure I'd go for the vti-r, it's the same price what the heck! but the GLi interior has been upgraded to full leather including the door panels etc. As a P plate and learning driver or manuals, would it be a smart move to go for the GLi, or just stick with the stock vti-r for performance? and no i will not be modding on my Provisional license, maybe an air filter *shrug.

Long story eh haha. for those who don't want to read:
GLi with leather interior OR stock vtec, for a provisional licensee, learning manual. (both are same price, similar kms and condition.)

Int3gra-T
23-10-2008, 10:55 AM
u mean GSI.

Q_ball
23-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Just a couple corrections,
Integras are DC2 (vtir) and DC4 (gsi)

Theres no such thing as a GLi teg.

To summarise, get the vtir as leather in tegs is teh ghey LOLz-0rs!

Int3gra-T
23-10-2008, 11:00 AM
^Agreed,

DvSnGuYeN
23-10-2008, 11:03 AM
leather gets annoying in summer... i'd rather sweat on fabric... LoL... besides, you'll wish you had vtec if you didn't have it... I know I dream of it... :)

VTECMACHINE
23-10-2008, 01:20 PM
What's VTEC?

VTECMACHINE
23-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh, don't worry I found it...

Verotoxing-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) (http://www.usc.es/ecoli/pu90.html)

It sounds bad... get the GSi.

simonnowis
23-10-2008, 01:43 PM
this is again one of those questions which is personal preference. balancing out the pros and cons of what you think, you should decide.
since you dont intend to mod at all, I would go for the one that is in better condition and more reliable, who knows maybe the vti-r has been thrashed?
generally, i would go vti-r since, if in fact as you say are identical km and condition, it would be worth more then the gsi even if it has leather seats.

her0
23-10-2008, 05:12 PM
DC2 vti-r all the way mate, sure you might think "oh, but i'm on my Ps and don't need the power and performance" but trust me, you'll get bored, and it doesn't take long for any normal person to learn manual and start to enjoy driving, especially if you have something fun to drive, such as a vti-r :thumbsup:

i had a Auto for my first year on my Red Ps, then that car decided to stop operating, and hence i was to look for a new car, i got a DC5R (Even though i didn't know how to drive manual) but on the day i got the car, a mate of mine taught me, and i pretty much knew how to drive good enough to survive on the roads, about a month after that, i pretty much enjoyed taking my car to the limits where it wasn't dangerous.

btw, **** leather, that shit burns your ass in summer! LOL :thumbsup:

VTECMACHINE
23-10-2008, 10:11 PM
i pretty much knew how to drive good enough to survive on the roads, about a month after that, i pretty much enjoyed taking my car to the limits where it wasn't dangerous.

You found the limits of the car on the road, and it wasn't dangerous...?

GSi_PSi
23-10-2008, 10:33 PM
go test drive both then you decide

her0
24-10-2008, 01:01 AM
You found the limits of the car on the road, and it wasn't dangerous...?

nope, sorry. didn't mean to imply it was on the public roads, private roads ;)

i'm a p plater, and i hell as do not want to lose my license, i commute to work and uni. it's very important to me haha

defect
24-10-2008, 09:02 AM
get a accord if u want leather.
leather in tegs r gay

VTECMACHINE
24-10-2008, 12:20 PM
get a accord if u want leather.
leather in tegs r gay

LOL :thumbsup:

cruzincivic
24-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Vtec!