PDA

View Full Version : which speakers fit in wat car

urtwhistle
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
hey im thinking we should put a list of speakers that can be mounted into the stock locations with out cutting any mounts. or using any spacers.

is there any places that list the max speaker depths and sizes for the doors of cars.

92 accord
front more then 44.8mm i dont know how much more tho.

micka
08-10-2004, 11:10 AM
something like this is a little problematic, i have an eg civic, without cutting the back off the speaker mounts, i would not have been able to fit my old earthquake 4" splits. but with the help of some custom spacers rainbow 6.5" woofers have gone in with little effort (other than haiving to get the spacer right). I think what i'm getting at is if you're going to do something you may as well do it properly, and there's little point limiting yourself by factory constraints if there is an easily accessable alternative that will open a lot more options. What happens if you don't like the sound of any of the speakers that fit in the factory location? and what's the point of spending big on speakers only to mount them on second rate plastic mounts? Just my opinion:)

urtwhistle
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
good point, i relised that i may have got confused when i was typinng this out. i think the point i was trying to make in reality wats the max depth of speaker can u mount in wat location. i also had to make spacers to fit my diamond audio splits in my accord.

cheerrs

subwayboy
08-10-2004, 05:06 PM
6.5" fit in the 5th gen accord with the help of a spacer

bubblecivic
09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
where can we get this spacer thing?
i want to fit my old 6.5" into my eg civic!

SiR JDM
09-10-2004, 06:03 PM
bubblecivic, you could get a spacer, or you could just drill it straight into your door frame

I did that in my EG breeze and its fine...
When my alarm was being installed, the guy who did it does 95% custom sound systems and 5% alarms, and he commented on my *installation* saying most people dont realise its a better option than gettin spacers ?
Personally i dont know, i just cbf buying and installing spacers at the time so i just driilled straight into my door frame :D

urtwhistle
10-10-2004, 07:14 PM
dude all the spacer is a peice of mdf cut to a certain thikness so that the speaker can be screwed down easily so that it does not hit any thing

J-MuN
27-10-2004, 07:33 PM
spacers are very useful during installs.. if you dont wanna cut your car up then go spacers but best of all...you dont wanna touch any part of your car, just fit yourself the stock speaker sizes...

i_own_you
01-11-2004, 09:18 PM
can 6" splits fit into the door trim of a gen2 crx?