PDA

View Full Version : Honda introduces the All-New Legend

7th Gen
07-10-2004, 09:23 PM
http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4041007.html

and images:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/wynode/4041007_1_l.jpg

Taken from here (http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4041007_1.html).

i think the potential for the nerdish-sounding SH-AWD has been discussed before, but no doubt, a great leap forward from the current staid model.....

bizee_1
08-10-2004, 02:00 AM
There are a few other threads pertaining to this. But thought i would write in this one.

Picked up the October Wheels, and they had a short write up of the '05 Honda Legend. As stated elsewhere on this site, it is AWD with Honda's SH-AWD (Super-Handling-All-Wheel-Drive) They test drove the Legend in prototype form at Honda's test track at Takasu in Hokkaido.

They give it good acclaim thus far, and is aimed at 5 series & E-Class buyers at an estimated $85k.

Extensive use of alluminium has been used, including: bonnet, guards, suspension, subframe & bootlid. It also has an Adaptive Front Lighting System that can swivel the headlights up to 20degrees in either direction depending on vehicle speed and steering. Production version should come with 18" inch wheels.

They refer to the interior as "impressive" & the cabin "eerily quiet".

Quick specs are:
3.5L VTEC V6 DOHC 24v (not sure if that is i-VTEC or just VTEC)
Power is 220kW & 353Nm and comes in a 5-speed auto with F1 style paddleshift levers.

McChook
08-10-2004, 09:00 AM
I just hope this means they'll sell more than none a year....

੮®ப
09-10-2004, 08:49 PM
does this thing come in a manual version... love the interior.. noice!

7th Gen
09-10-2004, 10:03 PM
does this thing come in a manual version... love the interior.. noice!

doubt it mate, this thing is supposed to be a Lexus LS430/Toyota Celsior competitor

smooth cruising auto for the fat cats (althought it has tiptronic if you want to go racing!), no doubt something will try and 'bling' it up VIP style :D

also does anyone else think the interior looks a bit like the accord euro - the dash, steering wheel etc, and to a lesser extent, the exterior too? any euro owners out there, what do you think?

McChook
10-10-2004, 08:49 PM
In black with a mugen bodykit, blingy 19s and heaviest tint around, and I'd say it is serious VIP Potential

7th Gen
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
In black with a mugen bodykit, blingy 19s and heaviest tint around, and I'd say it is serious VIP Potential

did you know there was a mugen kit b4 you said that? :D
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/LEGEND0410/m1.html

skoota
13-10-2004, 12:56 PM
That Mugen kit looks crazy. I like the look and featues of this new Legend. Will they release a coupe for this line? Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.

rAySiR
13-10-2004, 01:08 PM
damn man... looks hot... the mogen one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VIP :D

Type R Positive
13-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.
That's what everyone said about the euro. Look at it now.

What a very sweet car. If only I had the money.

7th Gen
13-10-2004, 08:38 PM
That Mugen kit looks crazy. I like the look and featues of this new Legend. Will they release a coupe for this line? Only thing I don't know about is the price tag - to compete with Mercs and BMW's etc... I don't think Honda has the market for that niche.

have not heard anything about a coupe (you mean the old legend coupe), however there are FF and AWD versions. please, please honda aus bring out the AWD version!!!!

RRP for the current legend is 86,550, which is way under the germans (7 series and S class). lexus LS430 is more than double at an eye-watering 175,900. somehow i think the new legend will have to jack up it's price from current cause it has so many extra goodies.................

i_own_you
15-10-2004, 01:22 PM
omg.. i think im gonna wet my pants.... whaaaaaa

Terry
15-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Anyone sure is a factory rim? Looks 99% like a S15 Spec-R wheels

skoota
16-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Yes, very good point about the price tag. However, if they up the price, you're into the luxury car market. Now, you have all your European cars and you have Lexus etc... They may only be a few thousand dollars more by the time a RRP is decided, and most rich fat cats with plenty of $$$ will not really care about and extra $10-15k will they?

Anyway, I like it - but then again, I like most Hondas'. As for the Euro, that is totally different to this car and its subsequent market IMO. Totally different class and price brackett.

Faiz
21-10-2004, 06:39 PM
i reken they should keep the price low. as far as lexus, merc and bmw man they know how to overprice a car 80, 100 grand. Man seriously they re prices are way top of the roof. This is why i liked the euro, Its worth every hard earned cent.

7th Gen
21-10-2004, 08:42 PM
do you reckon people pay for the badge? badge snobbery?
i mean audi has similar product to BMW/Merc, yet it's not as expensive?

i once heard that Honda was known as the BMW of the East - in that Honda was a technical innovator and engineering focused like BMW (also financially independent, not owned by anybody and of course an 'aspirational' brand).

people pay out lexus cause essentially it's just a rebadged toyota (yes, i am guilty of that too) and you can't really say there is a lot of technical innovation going on there?

panda[cRx]
10-12-2004, 12:20 AM
yum yum, sit that on cambered deep dish 21's, airbag suspension, fat twin exhaust and voila vip like chook said

anyone got a spare $100k?????

Sp3rMz
10-12-2004, 12:34 AM
I aggree with it loook like s15 rims. That thing would look sick with 19s. NIce clean mugen kit fowarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

N4CER
10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Is it just me or are all new cars starting to look somewhat similar? this new legend is a striking resemblence of the accord v6 model.

I quite the the mugen legend tho, something a bit different, i guess thats what i like about the mugen cars, still the honda class but with that little bit extra. :thumbsup: