PDA

View Full Version : Screen pop up when there is a new PM in inbox ?

tiksie
27-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Just wondering if its possible to make it more obvious when there is a new PM because not everyone looks on the right side at their inbox, and when you have a new PM it's kind of hard to tell other then a little number which is bold.

I understand that lots of people use Firefox and would have the anti-popup active so it should be something that catches your attention more (not a pop up) but say for example when you log in, it should catch your attention more on the homepage say something in the middle of the screen that can bypass the popup blocker that firefox uses ?

Just a thought as I have auto-login activated and I never have to login and as soon as I click on Ozhonda it is already logged in.

Cheers

Aytac

trism
27-10-2008, 08:26 PM
i use firefox and have popup blocker and i still get the popup when i get a new pm

coz it isnt a pop as such, its still part of the window iirc

wynode
27-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Just wondering if its possible to make it more obvious when there is a new PM because not everyone looks on the right side at their inbox, and when you have a new PM it's kind of hard to tell other then a little number which is bold.

I understand that lots of people use Firefox and would have the anti-popup active so it should be something that catches your attention more (not a pop up) but say for example when you log in, it should catch your attention more on the homepage say something in the middle of the screen that can bypass the popup blocker that firefox uses ?

Just a thought as I have auto-login activated and I never have to login and as soon as I click on Ozhonda it is already logged in.

Cheers

Aytac

If you have a pop-up blocker that is blocking the new PM notification from coming up then you will have to disable it.

Eitherway......how hard is it honestly to look at the top right of the page you're viewing?

I swear people are getting lazier by the day.

tiksie
28-10-2008, 05:17 AM
If you have a pop-up blocker that is blocking the new PM notification from coming up then you will have to disable it.

Eitherway......how hard is it honestly to look at the top right of the page you're viewing?

I swear people are getting lazier by the day.

It's preety simple to look at the top right, but people sometimes forget and therefore (could) miss out on potential sales and what not.

I didn't even know there was a *new* PM pop up :confused:

It's NOT about being lazy but more so about this forum functioning more conveniently for everyone, you totally missed the point.

Having said that, I will allow OzHonda to view popups in future.

Close.

Q_ball
28-10-2008, 06:10 AM
As requested.