PDA

View Full Version : VTEC Badge

supatt
07-10-2004, 11:13 PM
hey guys, and gals..=)...
just wondering if anyone has a VTEC bagde that sits on the engine cover that they would like to sell?..... cause after painting my engine cover, i stuck it back on with double sided tape...and after driving on some rough roads...i opened my engine bay and discovered that it was missing!!..=P...
so was wondering if anyone had one sitting around that they would like to offload!=)..cheers...any help would be great!!..=)...
also does anyone know what size exhaust piping is on a standard jazz?
cheers!!

Stabo
07-10-2004, 11:24 PM
lol

u sure the tape could handle the heat?

nipnip
07-10-2004, 11:36 PM
dont have a jazz, but i think multipurpose clear silicon would do the job, needs 48 hours to dry tho

supatt
07-10-2004, 11:46 PM
the tape couldnt handle the heat...thats why it fell off!!..haha..=)...
now i am looking for some one that has one...that can sell it to me!!..haha.=)please..hell!!...without the badge my car feels slower!!..haha

Jus-10
08-10-2004, 08:30 AM
It's not the heat...mine is stuck on with the original tape (I took mine off to paint it) and it hasn't come off.

The cover doesn't even get very hot. It is made out of plastic and covers the plastic intake runners....

Just go to Honda and pay $50 for a new one.....or see if you can take one for a test drive and then pry one off.... (not that I wuld condone such behaviour)

supatt
08-10-2004, 09:23 AM
thats...a great idea jus-10...i didnt even think of it!..=)..thanks..haha..just kidding..i wouldnt do that...but its still a great idea...
so the cover costs about 50 bucks?......

Jus-10
08-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Nah I don't know about the cost really...I am just guessing that Honda would charge a fortune for a small plastic badge....

supatt
09-10-2004, 10:30 AM
yeah...they do charge alot..but the thing is you cant just buy the badge. you have to buy the whole engine cover...and that costs...heaps and heaps as you can imagine.!!!

spoon fit
09-10-2004, 11:17 AM
yeah...they do charge alot..but the thing is you cant just buy the badge. you have to buy the whole engine cover...and that costs...heaps and heaps as you can imagine.!!!

no, u can juz buy that "vtec" emblem.
part no. 17125-PWC-000

its cost HK$50 in hk

MRFIT
09-10-2004, 01:55 PM
man...... I want to go to HK.....

spoon fit
09-10-2004, 03:25 PM
man...... I want to go to HK.....

where r u from?

supatt
11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
thanks spoon fit....is that from a honda dealer in HK?...or jst shop?...
thanks...anyway!!

spoon fit
11-10-2004, 06:16 PM
thanks spoon fit....is that from a honda dealer in HK?...or jst shop?...
thanks...anyway!!

u welcome~
yes, from honda dealer...
what jst mean?

dark138
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
when you sprayed the cover, you coulda've just used masking tape to cover the badge, y take it off?

anyways
i thnk you used high temperature paint right? where can you get some?

Jus-10
12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
You don't need high-temp paint...and don't tape up the badege, it will look so dodgy. It comes off easy enough.

I used the spray cans of normal auto paint that you can get from your local auto parts retailer. You will just need a plastic undercoat first and all will go nicely. Some of the guys here have seen mine up close and I have had plenty of good comments about it.

t doesn't touch anything extrmemly hot and underneath it is just the plastic intake runners so it's never going to get super hot. If it's getting hot enough to need high-temp paint, the plastic cover is going to melt....

supatt
12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
jst means just...just forgot the u..heheh..sorry..and if you mask over the badge, because the badge kinda sticks out...might have got the edges so i took the easy way out and removed the badge!!..=)...
i got my high temp paint from autobahn...