PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky sunroof

cardio
08-10-2004, 01:11 AM
I finally isolated the cause of the squeak and creaks from my accord euro. The sunroof. Its not there when the roof is open or just tilted. And i can reproduce the sound by pushing upwards on the sunroof when its fully closed. It appears to be a little loose and the rubber sill is rubbing along the sides. I wanted to ask if other people have encountered this problem and if the dealer can do anything about it or is it just some grease around the rubber sills...thanx

coladuna
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
I do have some squeaking noise when I'm on a rough road, but I haven't had the chance to identify where it's coming from.

MichaelW
24-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Mines started to do it at the 2,000km mark. Appears to come from the rubber seal at the back of the window (ie the rubber closest to the back of the car). Can replicate it by just pushing up and down at the back of the window.

Will wax the roof section where the rubber fits in and maybe even use some silicon spray....should fix it.

aaronng
24-11-2005, 11:27 AM
For the rubber part on the sunroof, TSX owners in the states found that putting some sort of vinyl protectant spray (with a sponge of course) does help if your sunroof squeaks happen when it is closed.