PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheels

djgarv
29-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Noob question -

When replacing a stock steering wheel, is this all you need:

1. Steering wheel
2. Compatible boss kit?

Are any boss kits interchangeable between certain models?

More specifically, will an EG boss kit fit into a Del Sol?

trism
29-10-2008, 10:19 PM
if the car has an airbag it is illegal to put a non airbag wheel

and yes, thats all you need

and yes, an eg boss kit will fit the delsol

djgarv
29-10-2008, 10:29 PM
The stock wheel has no airbag. Cheers, thanks for that!

4age8u
30-10-2008, 09:29 AM
what bwt dc2 teg to eg? or old teg to eg? thnx

4p1ay
30-10-2008, 09:50 AM
dc2 to eg yes dunno bout old teg to eg though

4age8u
30-10-2008, 01:20 PM
cheers mate

g.ta
30-10-2008, 02:16 PM
you will also need a horn button if your steering wheel does not come with one,
all horn buttons are interchangeable.

cymax
31-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Boss kit normally comes with horn button. Hence, that is not a big problem. I've tried changing my teg's stock steering wheel to a MOMO one. The problem that I met was the horn not able to work. This is due to the horn wire is attached to the airbag socket.

I was then left with 2 choices. Get an airbag boss kit or use the one that was given to me by my mate. I chose the latter in the end.

So what I did here is to tap the horn wire (+ve) and wired them on the "horseshoe" that I took out from a friend's EG. The "horseshoe" has to be attached somewhere around your control unit (signal and wiper controller) so that it touches the circular "gold" plated horn connection. From here, you can carry on with the normal installation of your steering wheel like the non-airbag kind.

Please note! Disabling your airbag is illegal. Therefore, doing it at your own risk! I am doing it because my car is meant for track not for road.

I maybe a bit out of point here. But I just want to share my 2 cents with every at OH.

Finally, try to fit the EG's boss kit into your delsol before committing. Also, a boss kit shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks. I reckon that you should get a new one that specifically fit delsol.

Cheers

g.ta
31-10-2008, 01:39 PM
boss kits dont normally come with horn buttons, they come with the horn plate only.

even the steering wheel sometimes doesnt come with a horn button, they usually sell it separately, momo and nardi horn buttons go for $50 for a piece of plastic and some copper

cymax
31-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh really? haha...then I must have got myself a good deal. My boss kit comes with horn button. Got it at Burwood westfield.

JasonGilholme
31-10-2008, 02:02 PM
EG parts will always fit the del sol ;)

mocchi
01-11-2008, 07:39 AM
EG parts will always fit the del sol ;)

even radiator support?