PDA

View Full Version : Facelift Quote From Honda

Henessaayyy
30-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey guys,
Emailed * and they gave me this quote for a 99-00 model facelift...
Let me know what you guys think...

Hope this pic is better

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4242/quotehl9.jpg

*bennjamin edit no defaming companies

na-118
30-10-2008, 04:17 PM
LOL you got OWNED! try calling somewhere else, what's the bet this was *, they are rort asses

Limbo
30-10-2008, 04:18 PM
why not go to a wrecker it will be alot cheaper.
P.S you have to rem you asked for new honda parts, its never cheap

EK1.6LCIV
30-10-2008, 04:25 PM
for lights get JDM ones to save a bit, as for the inner gaurds dont bother, theyre not really needed

hood, fenders and bumper there are still a shit load of 2nd hand ones in near new nick around and you'll have to paint it anyways and if youre not fitting it yourself this will cost a fortune, try and at least source 2nd hand bits where possible :)

Henessaayyy
30-10-2008, 04:26 PM
LOL you got OWNED! try calling somewhere else, what's the bet this was *, they are rort asses

like i said in the post..
Emailed * and they gave me this quote for a 99-00 model facelift...

limbo i'd prefer new parts, but i might go search some wreckers and see the cost difference...

Slaz
30-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Nearly get a surgical facelift for that much. :p

Try other honda dealers or maybe some of the traders can do better on the parts.

EK1.6LCIV
30-10-2008, 04:42 PM
even tho u may want new, you'll regret it as if u go to a decent panel beater (if you're in QLD I can give u a few ppl to call) you will not be able to tell the diff with new and used

also if you want new, you will need to buy the rad support as well as the mounting for the front bar will require you to cut it to mount the larger grill anyways as the face lift has a diff one :), just go 2nd hand and use your sur plus funds for other mods :)

Henessaayyy
30-10-2008, 04:44 PM
fair enough :) you've convinced me mate :P... that 3k is 4 weeks pay xD

trism
30-10-2008, 04:48 PM
thats about right

any honda dealer will charge you that much as they are all brand new genuine honda parts

Ek4Vtir
30-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Ripppppppp off !!

Source the parts yourself!! and DIY.... save a heck of a lot of dosh.. prob cost u 1.5k all up..

and spend the extra 1.5k on engine mods ;)

Henessaayyy
30-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Ripppppppp off !!

Source the parts yourself!! and DIY.... save a heck of a lot of dosh.. prob cost u 1.5k all up..

and spend the extra 1.5k on engine mods ;)

coilovers yO!
or wilwood brakes, or recaros ... hmmmm what to choose :P

bennjamin
30-10-2008, 07:52 PM
i dont see how its a rip off ? That is the price for all brand new parts.

If you did the conversion with second hand parts etc it would cost less yes but there is alot of shortcuts you could take. Dont state a place is a rip off because you dont know any better.

Henessaayyy
30-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Im sure they just mean its a rip of in comparison to the cost of 2nd hand parts.
You're alright ben :) Relax! :)

bennjamin
30-10-2008, 08:30 PM
true true - lets not label a negative comment against any person or company tho :)

Anyway , it would be very interesting to price say a brake conversion or other face lift , or even an entire car from new spare parts. the price would be (i bet) double what the car costs new lol

milkman
30-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow 3k for RICE? sounds like bad value to me.

Can't compare prices of old and new parts. Makes no sense. Those prices look about right.

paps02
30-10-2008, 08:38 PM
why not get the parts from america??

trism
30-10-2008, 08:53 PM
why not look how ****ed the exchange rate is right now

hisoka
30-10-2008, 09:22 PM
how come theres no radiator support on the list ?

its pretty easy to do man, as everyone else said just DIY. theres a thread on here for how to do it. and you can ask questions.

DOHCTR Coopz!
30-10-2008, 09:57 PM
hMm.. for new parts i rkn price is reasonable. but i wouldnt pay that much for OEM facelift headlights, def. try n locate a pair of seconds. I've seen some headlights (non DIY'd) sell for <$50.00

i guess keep ya eyes peeled...

mrwillz
30-10-2008, 10:24 PM
facelift ftw!

hisoka
31-10-2008, 08:49 AM
if your car is not modded, you may aswell sell it and buy a face lifted cxi or something lol.less kms and better paint

EK1.6LCIV
31-10-2008, 11:14 AM
The thing is even to do a brake conversion with brand new bits will set anyone back over $3k for ITR setup, been there thought about it

Cartoon
31-10-2008, 01:03 PM
GET AFTERMARKET PARTS. cheapest way for facelift conversion with new parts. or just go honda wreckers, they have plentyful of stuff. but you'll also need the radiator support as it different to pre-facelift.

i recently did a facelift for my mates ek1. heres what it cost me for parts.
these are NEW AFTERMARKET parts. [not oem, but near oem fitment ]
- headlights NEW - $ 80 bux each
- guards NEW - $40bux each
- bonnet new - $90bux
- front bar new - $80bux
- radiator support new - 80bux
plus labour. cheap as chips.

Henessaayyy
31-10-2008, 01:34 PM
GET AFTERMARKET PARTS. cheapest way for facelift conversion with new parts. or just go honda wreckers, they have plentyful of stuff. but you'll also need the radiator support as it different to pre-facelift.

- bonnet new - $90bux
- front bar new - $80bux

got a pic of the fitment? ive seen a few pics of aftermarket facelift and the fitment sucks balls.. there was roughly a 1.5cm gap from the bumper to the fender and a 1-1.5cm gap between the headlights and the bumper...
kinda dodgy look...

Limbo
31-10-2008, 01:37 PM
1 thing you've forgotten to think of is how much is it gonna cost you to respray the front to match?

This doesn't matter new or old parts, as most new parts only come primed

Cartoon
31-10-2008, 06:33 PM
got a pic of the fitment? ive seen a few pics of aftermarket facelift and the fitment sucks balls.. there was roughly a 1.5cm gap from the bumper to the fender and a 1-1.5cm gap between the headlights and the bumper...
kinda dodgy look...

LOL, i havent had any problems with aftermarket parts. i do have pics but have to find. i was just giving you options rather then go blow 3k on oem parts when you could of saved about all of that if you were to buy either 2nd oem parts or aftermarket. you may be right about the gaps but gaps can be aligned and made to look oem. from what i know, bonnet, headlights and bumper are really good quality, but the guards dont cling on as nice as oem.

:thumbsup:

hisoka
31-10-2008, 07:07 PM
contact felix on here, his aftermarket parts are good as fitment, he can get you everything for body parts and even radiator support lol
felix race nation (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81038)

STOCK
31-10-2008, 08:17 PM
kinda dodgy look...

agreeed aftermarket sux if you want a nice fit, go taiwanese if you just want the "look"

Henessaayyy
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
1 thing you've forgotten to think of is how much is it gonna cost you to respray the front to match?

This doesn't matter new or old parts, as most new parts only come primed

This has been taken into consideration..
Car will receive a full respray after everything is in order :)
Thanks for caring ;)

*** Still waiting for pics of aftermarket facelift?? ***

earth55
01-11-2008, 02:41 AM

- bonnet new - $90bux
- front bar new - $80bux

Man that's dang cheap!!!
I got quoted for
fender x2 $80 each
bonnet $175
bumper $100
headlights still lookin around!! all brand new aftermarket..
and the guy said the OEM parts second's will be more xpensive!!!
I've search around here, there's a dude that has done it in but just dunno if he's used OEM parts:confused::confused::confused:
but the fitting look's really good!!!
but don't think he needed a new radiator support..

m still thinkin if i should go through with it or just stick with the prefacelift look!!!

hisoka
01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
if honda does it wont they use a new radiator support. theres no way there gonna do the backyard job and cut the mounts and redrill holes ?? they probably dont even know about it. from the looks of things they probably think its bolt on job

J_Phongsavan
01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
i did a facelift on my EJ8... heres a comparison from coupes... cost me about

*aftermarket bonnet $200
*2 x aftermarket fenders $250
*2nd OEM front bar and OEM grill $70 (sitting around at friends bodykit business for so long)
* 2nd hand OEM rear bumper bar from 1999-2000 civic sedan $120

headlights i got angel eyes but regret buying them as i should bought OEM styles more cheaper lol....

Henessaayyy
01-11-2008, 10:08 PM
you got them pretty cheap j_phong.. i might have a go at sourcing 2nd hand parts...
im not sure if i'll get the facelift, or just get a ej8 front bar considering it doesnt have the ugly black strips :P

we'll see how things go :)

Spoon-Accord
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
i must say, second is way cheaper :)

and when u spray them, you wont tell if u got them new or old :)

98vtir
04-02-2009, 12:59 PM
does anyone know the specific part number for the 99-00 EK9 grill?

EK1.6LCIV
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
it has three part numbers

one for grill mesh, one for plastic back and another for the painted front of the grill

tiksie
04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
i dont see how its a rip off ? That is the price for all brand new parts.

If you did the conversion with second hand parts etc it would cost less yes but there is alot of shortcuts you could take. Dont state a place is a rip off because you dont know any better.

Exactly.

Coming from the OP that low balled me a million times, you get what you pay for.. If you can't afford it, then that's your problem.

EK1.6LCIV
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
the headlights on the quote seems a lil over in flated, shit type r ones are cheaper, with the new prices in place... lol

NightKids
05-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Save up all this facelift money & get a S2000, that's the ultimate facelift

trism
05-02-2009, 09:24 AM
maybe read the dates before posting

this thread is more than 2 months old, and OP bought an ED civic rather than an EK

98vtir
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
it has three part numbers

one for grill mesh, one for plastic back and another for the painted front of the grill

:p Well does anyone have the three part numbers handy for the EK9 grill?
So far the part numbers I have are:

HO-71121S02003 - BASE, FRONT GRILLE
HO-71122S02003ZJ - MLDG, FR GR*NH57* whatever that is? i think NH57 is a colour since there is a note that the grille mould is colour coded.

and thats unknown if they are the EK9 grille part numbers

I'm keen on doing this and I'm getting a friend to get me the parts. i reckon the extra i'd spend on new parts (they come primed) would be way better and cheaper than paying a respray shop having to take off the colour on the used part then respray with my colour...

few questions tho;

what part is the Fender L/R,FR INN? is that the plastic wheel arch guard thing or is it needed to fit the fender onto me car?

whats the distinction between Face, FR Bumper and Face,RR Bumper (i'm guessing its the front and rear bumper) correct?

and finally might be a silly question, but then again they all might be... are the lamp units the housing for the bulbs that go into the head light unit? (I wasn't going to buy the headlights, just get the 99-00 angel eye projector lights off ebay)

not havin a stab trism but i thought it was wise to bump and old thread than starting a new one... since when someone posts about a topic recently talked about they get yelled at

thanks guys

EK1.6LCIV
05-02-2009, 05:37 PM
pm a trader

altho, why do you need the part numbers, it's not as if Honda OZ will be able to sell you one any

when you buy the item from one of the two traders that have the grills they'll sell them as the one grill kit

no the grill part does not come primed, it comes in the base colour of the car... just like side skirts do

Mugen_B16B
05-02-2009, 06:29 PM
y not just buy the whole grill? jdm yard sells it and i seriously dont no y u should buy all 3 parts separately when there all sold together?

98vtir
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
well i think ill do that :P i was unaware... im after the part numbers cause i got a friend who can source new parts for me

thanks for your help!