PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen (1993) Stereo

89jase
30-10-2008, 10:18 PM
G'day
I've had a quick look through stickies and searches but haven't found anything.

I'm just after a guide that will show you how to install a head unit, rear 6x9's and front 4"'s into a 1993 Accord Vti (4th Gen I believe) (already worked out how to do the tweeters)

Also, not as urgent, but if someone knows the best way to run a power lead from the battery to the boot for amplifiers, that would be great also.
Cheers

CB7_OWNER
31-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Umm.. 1993 Accord Vti Should be a 5th Gen i believe......

I can give you a quick rundown on how to install the rear's.. Relatively simple if you just pop open the boot, and look under the speaker area, should be pretty obviously by that point..

Soo basically there, is a grille covering the speaker to protect the speakers , and they will come off, when you undo a couple of bolts accessed from inside the boot, there are also bolts in the same area, that will allow you to take the speakers out also...Sorry im a big vague, but its pretty straight forward once you look inside the boot, and under the speaker area, and just make sure you wire up the colours properly.

Sorry im not very clear lol.... have to wait for FAT_VTI to chime in on this one

j.meng87
31-10-2008, 01:51 PM
here is a guide to remove the head unit. http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

If yours is the 5th gen, the front speakers are 6" not 4". To change them remove the side mirror cover panel, one screw on the inner door handle, you will need to unclip the inner door rod and another screw on the arm rest cup (not sure the exact name). Once that have been remove a clip near the lower side mirror. Once all that have been done pull the door trim off.

As for the amp wire there should be some plug cover near the a/c lines on the firewall. run them frm there and they should come out under the dash.

89jase
31-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok, so I've got the 6x9's and the tweeters done. Just a bit hesitant on taking the door panels off, and can someone provide me with a photo of as where to run the lead through the firewall?