PDA

View Full Version : boss kit issues

4p1ay
31-10-2008, 10:07 AM
dunno where to put it and it seemed like a noob q to me

so basically i decided to get a different steering wheel coz the woodgrain one i had is how u say... crap lol

well when i took off my old wheel i found out that the screw patterns from my old one isnt the same as the new wheel i got and had a look at the boss kit and it only has the old wheels screw pattern.

my question is do i need to get a new boss kit? or am i able to simply rotate the boss kit or something so it suits my new wheel. ill take photos of my problem later today but just incase its an easy fix i would just put it out there.

sorry if i sound confused lol hard to explain without photos i guess...

SHOGUNOVDDRK
31-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Photo's will make it easier (please take some)

4p1ay
31-10-2008, 10:11 AM
yeah ill take em at lunch today

cymax
31-10-2008, 10:12 AM
screw pattern? you mean the thread pattern (highly unlikely to happen) or you mean the holes on the boss kit does not match the holes on your steering wheel.

4p1ay
31-10-2008, 10:13 AM
holes sorry

cymax
31-10-2008, 10:16 AM
My recommendation is to rotate them one round and see if you are able to make all the holes on your steering wheel match the boss kit. if not. you got to get a new boss kit. That's how I visualise your situation. The problem is pretty straight forward. Can fit means can fit. Cannot fit means cannot fit. :P

My 2 cents just drop on the floor. if you picked it up...pls rep me...haha..

vinnY
31-10-2008, 12:39 PM
i thought each brand had its boss kit?

either way its probably the case of wrong branded boss kit for your new steering wheel
if it doesn't fit any holes then i'd hazard a guess that you'll need the correct boss kit to go with your new steering wheel

4p1ay
31-10-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah im thinking that aye... but i simply thought boss kits fit most after market steering wheels. ima take it apart 2nite and have a look anyway. thanks for the info man

cymax
31-10-2008, 12:49 PM
It depends on how many holes you have on your steering wheel if im not wrong.

vinnY
31-10-2008, 12:49 PM
yeah there probably are generic boss kits to fit steering wheels from all brands

but you'd probably find the odd brand not having support for such a boss kit because they want you to buy theirs

cymax
31-10-2008, 12:51 PM
agree with what you said. what is the new steering wheel you are gonna use mate?

4p1ay
31-10-2008, 12:54 PM
went from some chat wood grain one to a momo... still got 6 holes but in different positions. im thinking probably different measurements...

g.ta
31-10-2008, 01:34 PM
what boss kit do you have? most boss kits are compatible with many makes of steering wheels ie nardi, momo, autotecnica etc..

its strange how it doesnt fit unless the boss kit was specifically made for your wood grain make of steering wheel.

if it doesnt fit dude, just buy a new one, you can fit cheapies on ebay which go for $40 or so, does the job and are compatible with many wheels.

buy a new boss kit and sell your current boss kit + wood grain wheel n make your money back.