PDA

View Full Version : DC2 wheels

AJ008
05-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Hi guys I just signed up. I'm living in Auckland ATM but yea I'm Ozzie! this is a good site, most of you might have heard of nzhondas.com. Last saturday the nzhondas and allmotorgroup club here organized a drag day, I managed to do a 14.997 pass in my stock standard ( aside from springs) DC2 Integra Si Vtec.
Anyhow I'm looking for Integra Gsi mags, 6 spoke ones.. Ive posted in Marketplace board. Just wanna know if these are common in OZ as I cant buy them here, and how many of you got em on your tegs.
:)

kiddoDC2
05-11-2003, 11:34 PM
nice

but wats the aussie equalivant of the teg si vtec? vti?

AJ008
06-11-2003, 12:56 AM
aussie equivalent would be the VTIR. I was aiming for 15.2 so came out happy, but my friend pulled a 14.5 on his Si Vtec with just a simota air intake w pipe and a tanabe g medallion muffler, rest of exhaust stock. Tho his car came from the factory with LSD & ABS, as these were options. Mine lacks both, but has sunroof :oops:

heres a couple of pics... mines the silver one, greeen one is my other friend's teg, he just sold it today too.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/313452/3tegs.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/313452/lineup(Small).JPG

Was a really fun day, good atmosphere, and plenty of vtecin'! :lol:

kiddoDC2
06-11-2003, 01:12 AM
go vtec lol

man 14.5 on a mildy modded vtir, thats pretty inspiring haha

no drag slicks or anything like that?
lsd? hmmm i didnt tink lsd helped on a straight line, correct me if i'm wrong

nice times man

AJ008
06-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Thanks.. nope no slicks, but we did take out the seats and spoilers on the cars but thats about it. Yeah LSD helps in corners, however i think it also helps the start off from the line, or maybe I just use that as excuse to loosing against him hehe :o I'll post up timeslips tommorow.

totti
06-11-2003, 08:22 PM
14.99 in a stock vtir??

what did new zealand get that us aussies didn't?? :?

AJ008
06-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Well the Vtir is actually closer to the american Acura Integra GSR, the Si vtec came out with slighty more hp (180 ps) with higher compression and different gearing. Difference is not that much tho. I found that launching at around 5K worked for me that day, I didnt want to go higher :) ending up with consistent 15 flats. I'm sure Vtirs can do the same. But damn.. tegs in Aussie cost quite abit more, NZ is lucky to have cheap imports. I bought my teg 2 years ago for NZ$13000 with 65000 Ks, but always wanted a type R, but were out of my budget. Now JDM ITRs can be bought for just under NZ$16000 from dealers here :cry: I should've waited.

totti
06-11-2003, 09:03 PM
im not doubting you, but if out type r's have trouble running flat 15's, i dont see my vtir running close

XXpl0Sive
06-11-2003, 09:32 PM
That's bloody cheap for your teg!

These are what you want?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/prod19y/wheels.JPG

AJ008
06-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Yea dude, those are the wheels :lol:

When I was in Sydney earlier this year, I went window shopping for either a civic coupe or integra with my friend. And I couldnt believe the prices. The salesman at that Dick (or is it Rick?) Damalian Used Honda lot was talking crap too. So we thought about buying one in NZ and shipping it to Aus.... damn import taxes are crazy!!! No way round it... Isnt the world supposed to be globalizing, what happpend to freer trade? :roll:

wynode
07-11-2003, 08:04 AM
The problem is that NZ imports all their cars to they have little (read shit all!) import tax.

We have local car manufactures so to protect them, there is a high import tax.

BTW: If you are looking for cheap prices for a civic integra, then Rick Damelian isn't the best place to start.

kiddoDC2
07-11-2003, 08:43 AM
man a jdm itr.... .for under 16,000 nz......
you lucky bastards.....

XXpl0Sive
08-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Rick Damlian are known to sell very expensive cars :)
eg. Honda Integra Vti-R 1999 for $29900 gone 30000kms

AJ008
09-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Did a bit of car window shopping today with my friend for a type r... And dang, tho the cars here are cheap, some of these import yards are dodgy! Two ITRs in one yard we looked at had been repaired, frontal damage, and stuff would be missing like the front lip, grille, bagdes etc, fogged up headlights, and the salesman wouldnt budge on price. He was really gettting on our nerves, poor service.. we had to wait ages, and the dude was just a plain prick.. "how do you know its been in an accident?.... well most jap imports have been in an accident..." he says when he finds out my mate's a panelbeater. What a jerkoff, we later found another yard that had a mint stock ITR selling cheaper... Good gondition import type rs are getting hard to find here, gotta check every inch of the car. dont wanna end up buying a lemon. If you're still reading, sorry for the short essay, just my rant. Its just that this particular yard gets quite a few type rs coming in, and is well known through advertising. But Fark they are dodgy, "touching up" serious flaws and somehow manage to pass warrant of fitness! And yet they get heaps of customers. [/u] :?

Chronos
10-11-2003, 06:17 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/313452/3tegs.JPG

The far right silver Integra... those rims... does anyone know what theyre called? What car they came stock on? What years? Because when ive asked to see VTiR rims, im shown rims like XXpl05ive's.

Anyone know where i can find a set of these for sale?

vti-2
10-11-2003, 06:26 PM
The far right silver Integra... those rims... does anyone know what theyre called? What car they came stock on? What years? Because when ive asked to see VTiR rims, im shown rims like XXpl05ive's.

Anyone know where i can find a set of these for sale?

They came on the first series DC2 (93-96). XXpl05ive's rims are different cause he has the second series DC2. ;)

These rims are really rare. Good luck finding a set.

joneblaze
10-11-2003, 09:21 PM
mate if ur really keen on those "series 1" dc2 vtir rims.... u might wanna PM gingangooly on these forums. i think he's away for abit but will b back soon. i believe he might be interested in selling his stock vtir wheels. hope that helps.

jon

Chronos
10-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Sweet. :)

Thanks for the replys guys. Exact info that i needed!

:D

AJ008
11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
:lol: It's the other way around here, the ones on my car, series one (5 spoke) are common here, and the "series 2" (6spoke) are really hard to find in NZ. Anyone willing to sell me the series 2 wheels?? ... shipping :cry: *sigh*

Chronos: In the states they refer to the series one wheels as "Phat 5" Integra Wheels and the ones on XXplosives as "GSR Blades"... informaly