PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

MWAKU
31-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Was just wondering, because myself, being a noob n all, always posting shieeeet up in the noob forum, but uh, sometimes i cbf to make the thread cause its just a tiny question, and when i put it in the spam, not many people answer it, cause everyones just spamming, and if i make a thread, everyone goes ape shiit.

So i was thinking of a thread, similar to that of the spam, but just for quick noobie question.

I've had times when ive seen what i needed answered before, but the fkn search doesnt find it, and when i search certain things, i never find it or i am not using the correct keywords, cause i can't remember the thread title, and when i search within post, too many things come up.

So yeah, just a suggestions, a sticky up in noob forum for quick questions. This way many so many unneeded threads won't be made (i have a habit of doing this). :angel:

Q_ball
31-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Not gonna work imo..
A better approach would be to PM someone that quick question and see if they can help you out.

MWAKU
31-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah i've thought about that, but i don't want.. bagger people, especially the ones that i don't know, feels like i am being rude, though i have done it a few times, but yeah. And sometimes i don't know who has the answer

Q_ball
31-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I suppose you can use a members rep point figure to gauge their knowledge?

Section mod perhaps?

I dont know tbh.... its not baggering so long as you ask politely haha...
Just dont demand anything and im sure most people will get back to you within a day or 2.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Micheal ive said it once and ill say it again dont ask technical questions in the spam thread...

People escape (in a sense) to avoid technical questions (though some enjoy it as it reminds them what OH is about)

You can (hell ive done it at times) but its just easier to Pm someone and ask (Hell i Pm the mods for little questions and ask who they suggest i go and ask)

Pm'ing someone and asking a small question isn't being rude dude, its just saving headaches and palm faces for all

Perhaps write down your questions and make one big thread over time (unless its ABSOLUTELY URGENT)

Euro08Jaz
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM
i admit i pm people heaps whenever i have questions, its unfortunate that you cant reward them with the pq points they deserve, although its not like these people generally need any more, lol.

bennjamin
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
how about this

type the exact question into google - it will come up off some other forum somewhere.

dc2dc2dc2
01-11-2008, 10:19 AM
then whats the point of this forum Ben if we can google everything?

OZSPAM?!

bennjamin
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
then whats the point of this forum Ben if we can google everything?

OZSPAM?!

you nailed it.

Anyway , chances are you will still get linked back to ozhonda , if you type questions into google. This is in reference to the OP's question....

otherwise just make a new thread in teh noob forum , thats what its there for.

trism
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
exactly

it will always be answere somewhere on ozhonda, or on another forum

but if its something quick, pm someone who is online and see if they can help

wynode
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
If it's a small question then chances are someone else has asked it. So why not just search? That is what it is there for!

whtteg
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
if what you are looking for you cant find the right words to put in search to find your answer.. ask someone in spam (but be direct to a person in spam eg. "whtteg do you know who/how to blah blah blah?" otherwise make it an open question ) us spammers dont mind refering you on to someome, if we know who (or answering it ourselves if we know the answer via pm)

the only time you will find questions go unanswered in spam is if we dont know who it is directed to or are in convo with someone, and then you need wait till someone answers, generally as Lloyd said we go to spam to talk about nothingness.

another option is to find a similar question and pm the op and they may know who may have the answers you need.

MWAKU
01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
ah ok thanks heaps guys :)