PDA

View Full Version : AUT Cooling Plate or Snorkel

b20b
01-11-2008, 06:59 AM
what is best AUT cooling plate or snokel. i was thinking the cooling plate ...... But i was also thinking if spoon makes a snorkel rather than a cooling plate than the snorkel may be better..... has any one had experence with both to see which one works better

.::F[L]Y::.
01-11-2008, 07:41 AM
the spoon snorkel probably would work alot better than the cooling plate. Since the snorkel feeds cold air directly into the airbox. The cooling plate is just nicer engine bling imo.

b20b
03-11-2008, 06:56 AM
has anyone got a before and after dyno result of a snorkel on the s2... I have read that there is restriction in the snorkel where it is compressed so not to foul with the bonet

vyets
05-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Scoops wont do good on the dyno as most dyno fans are pretty high up and point at the engine bay. But while driving its a different story.
Scoops also get the air from the front of the car, where as the cooling plate actually collects the air that already hits the radiator.

Perry
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
has anyone got a before and after dyno result of a snorkel on the s2... I have read that there is restriction in the snorkel where it is compressed so not to foul with the bonet

The middle section does look abit restricted but the airflow in the snorkle is better than cooling plate.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1821/s2000airductfrptt1.jpg

s2kadl
08-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know where there is a AUT cooling plate available in OZ?

irvinchua
15-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I've just ordered mine from eBay.

jbird
15-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Platinum Visuals sells the cooling plate. Look in the traders section in the main forum.

The snorkel has that 'restriction' so you don't have to cut under neath your bonnet to clear.

Scoops wont do good on the dyno as most dyno fans are pretty high up and point at the engine bay. But while driving its a different story.
Scoops also get the air from the front of the car, where as the cooling plate actually collects the air that already hits the radiator.

It will be the air in front of the radiator though, so I reckon if you blank off the cooling plate where it redirects air to the OEM airbox it would make a pretty good 'scoop'