PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Air-Filter??

Per10d
08-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Well finally got around to changing my air filter after over 60k of driving and who knows how much more from the previous owner...

The new Jamex item should do a good job! Took it for a trash today and i can notice the engine is breathing alot better... Thanks to Matt (McChook) for the air-filter.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/598031_32_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/598031_33_full.jpg

VTEChnique
08-10-2004, 04:11 PM
FARQ MAN !! 60,000Kms on the one air-filter !! am amazed your car is still running HAHAH. that's the 2nd most dirty Honda air-filter i've seen HAHAAH

since you've been running it for so long with that clogged filter, i'd reccomend that you re-set the ECU after you've fit the Jamex Item..

Per10d
08-10-2004, 04:31 PM
to be honest i think its alot more then 60,000km's... that only since i've owned it, who knows how many km's before that. lol i service the bastard regularly but seem to forget to change the air filter.
I did notice my car was running very shiet-house lately, you think this could be the reason?? hahaah :) :)

hey dood how would i reset teh ECU???

VTEChnique
08-10-2004, 05:03 PM
RAHHRR I'm NOT a "dood" - I hate that word HAHAHAHA

Reset ECU ? remove your ECU/Backup Fuse from the under-hood fuse panel, disconnect negative terminal from battery, leave for 10-15 mins (ECU memory is then wiped clear), then put the fuse back in and re-connect battery. Start car without touching the accelerator pedal and let idle for about 5-6 mins. then turn off for 2 mins.. then ready to go.

that's how I do it anyway, other people do it different ways - do a search on ECU Re-Set and you should find a few more articles on it.

Be sure to clean and re-oil your new JAMEX filter every 8-10,000Kms, 20,000Kms MAXIMUM - no more dirty filter poo.

I find that even when my K&N Pod filter is getting towards service time, it is relatively restrictive air-flow.. then after cleaning you'll notice the difference.

How much was that filter by the way ?

KB
08-10-2004, 10:11 PM
that's the 2nd most dirty Honda air-filter i've seen HAHAAH

2nd after your crusty peice of shit :p

tekling
08-10-2004, 11:15 PM
yeh..i got a k&n filter but i dunno how to clean it..i dont have the k&n cleaning thing

also off topic, can u reset the ecu by just unplugging the battery??

Per10d
09-10-2004, 11:19 AM
not too sure but thats all i did yesterday... unplugged it for bout 2 mins.
my car is definetly running smoother now with the new air filter... alot more responsive

rly1
09-10-2004, 03:55 PM
how to clean a mushroom type air filter?

wynode
09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
also off topic, can u reset the ecu by just unplugging the battery??

Correct. You can either take out the negative terminal or take out the ECU fuse. No need to do both.

how to clean a mushroom type air filter?

Follow the instructions on the cleaning kit for your particular filter.

Rufes1
09-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeh thats _pretty_ dirty but ive seen alot worse, especially on commodores, they roll in at work never had a filter change and they weigh about 5 times more cause of all the crap stuck up the grooves.

KB
10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Although it is drity. It's good to see how well his old Honda filter filtered.