PDA

View Full Version : adjusting damper settings on buddy club n+?

lmfamglia
02-11-2008, 07:00 AM
hey guys i've got buddy club n+ coilovers installed on my dc5r for a while but never had a urge to play around with the damper settings until now however i have no idea how to do it. i thought the way to adjust it was to adjust a knob which would be on top of the coilover however i dont seem to see one. can anyone help me out here?

cheers

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9234/p0211080750zr0.jpg

RSX_DC5R
03-11-2008, 04:50 PM
the damper adjuster knob is located at the bottom of each suspension strut/coilover. They are 16 adjusment steps....therefore when you adjust it, make sure you do not go over the adjustment steps or you may damage your adjuster knob.

turn your wheel to extreme end to enable you conveniently adjusting the knob.

hope it helps...otherwise let me know, I will post a pic of mine :P

cymax
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Hang on a minute guys. I'm confused.

First of all, the picture above doesn't look like BC N+ to me. Also, RSX_DC5R said that the adjuster knob is located at the bottom. That makes me more confuse!

According to my knowledge, BC N+ is like Teins. It's adjustable knob is on top. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I have a friend who is using BC N+. I am 100% sure that the adjustable knob is on top.

Please see below top view for BC N+

http://www.optionjdm.com/~optionjd/option_cart/images/Product%20Pix/Buddy%20Club/pb_top.jpg

rayb3na_
04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
thats what i was thinking... the bottom adjuster is for your ride height?

lmfamglia
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
lol my receipt from jdmyard says buddy club n+ though :S
and yeah i saw similar images to the one posted by cymax so i assumed the adjuster was on the top too.

Killa From Manila
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
dc5 has inverted struts lmao

its dc2's n ek's etc that have it on the top

bennjamin
04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
DC5s have totally different front suspension design. and hence isnt the pictures mentioned above.
The damper control is located directly under the shock body itself

cymax
05-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Isn't that inconvenient if you want to adjust the stiffness of the damper? Like jacking the car up just to adjust it?

bennjamin
05-11-2008, 06:28 PM
it is , compared to other strut designs. but you shouldnt have to adjust the damper all too often

cymax
06-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know about you guys. I have the tendency to play with my coilovers by adjusting the stiffness of the dampers often for the 2 days to get what I want. Also, it'll be pretty troublesome if you were to track the car isn't it? Ie: you gotta jack it up when you reach there.

hehe... I'm a lazy person. So, I prefer my adjustable knob to be located at the top of the coilovers.

lmfamglia
06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
hrmm wasnt too bad to access the fronts actually no need to jack the car up just turn the wheel to its extreme however one of the knobs wouldnt turn at all -__- hopefully its covered under warranty

Elwood
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Macpherson setup..

Annoyances don't stop there..

Ask someone what you will have to do to safely lower your car in a way which prolongs the life of the steering rack..

Chi
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Macpherson setup..

Annoyances don't stop there..

Ask someone what you will have to do to safely lower your car in a way which prolongs the life of the steering rack..

WTF has macpherson setup got to do with the damper adjuster knob?

Elwood
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
WTF has macpherson setup got to do with the damper adjuster knob?

I am saying that it is annoying on its placement n00b.

And also saying that there are other annoyances... i.e stated above.

Chi
07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I am saying that it is annoying on its placement n00b.

And also saying that there are other annoyances... i.e stated above.

He never asked about other annoyances, just about the knob.

Maybe you should learn to read instead of blabbering on about random crap.

The knob issue is from Buddyclub design, nothing to do with DC5's or Macperhson strut set up.

Tein , Ohlins, etc etc are on the top.

Elwood
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
He never asked about other annoyances, just about the knob.

Maybe you should learn to read instead of blabbering on about random crap.

Maybe he would like to know? Are you prepared to make the assumption that he woudn't?

The knob issue is from Buddyclub design, nothing to do with DC5's or Macperhson strut set up.

Tein , Ohlins, etc etc are on the top.

Far enough.

Chi
07-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Maybe he would like to know? Are you prepared to make the assumption that he woudn't?

Far enough.

Do you know how lowered his car is?

Do you know if he tracks?

Do you know if he is having problems?

Do you know that not everyone has to do all these things you think you know all about a macpherson strut set up needs to be done?

All I'm seeing is someonerandomly blurting out the mac setup is terrible.

Yet they have not personally have had any experience with it nor the car alone.

Elwood
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Do you know how lowered his car is?

Do you know if he tracks?

Do you know if he is having problems?

Do you know that not everyone has to do all these things you think you know all about a macpherson strut set up needs to be done?

All I'm seeing is someonerandomly blurting out the mac setup is terrible.

Yet they have not personally have had any experience with it nor the car alone.

Do you know that he doesn't?

It was abit of information that he may like to know, and should know if he decides to lower his car with the coilovers he JUST purchased.

lmfamglia
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

but yeah chi is right i was just after where the knob was.. nothing else wrong with my car -__-
thanks for the extra info though

bennjamin
07-11-2008, 11:44 AM
sigh relax guys.

all this info was covered on the first page in the first few posts lol.

the damper adjuster knob is located at the bottom of each suspension strut/coilover. They are 16 adjusment steps....therefore when you adjust it, make sure you do not go over the adjustment steps or you may damage your adjuster knob.

turn your wheel to extreme end to enable you conveniently adjusting the knob.

hope it helps...otherwise let me know, I will post a pic of mine :

lol my receipt from jdmyard says buddy club n+ though :S
and yeah i saw similar images to the one posted by cymax so i assumed the adjuster was on the top too.

DC5s have totally different front suspension design. and hence isnt the pictures mentioned above.
The damper control is located directly under the shock body itself