PDA

View Full Version : avo turbo kits???

hyperknight
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
hey anyone out there heard good or bad about the avo turbo kits ??? the plan is to do a basic rebuild on my b16a (to standard specs) and then stap one of these kits to it ??? and if anyone is using this combo what sort of power can i expect ??

[ricer]
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
probably 130kw atw
havent heard anything really bad about them

i like them... buy them and get them bolted and tuned and good to go... get everything done in a couple of days :)

rbk_212
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
^only 130kw? surely he'd get more than that?

DLO01
02-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Avo kits are not too bad. I had one on my Del sol, stock B16A2. I think Avo say 130, 140kw or so on a B16A2. Things I would change with the kit..... Get rid of the rubber piping and get a better Ecu like Hondata or something.

Your rebuilding your motor. Why not at least get forged rods and pistons. You then have a strong base and open up a whole new world. Twice as much grunt as stated above, but you will have to turbo gear to help you acheive it.

MikeyG
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
exactly what dean has said and he has experience plus he has done lots of research..

Limbo
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
yeah their main issue is that they are pretty much setup without much room for bigger turbos later on.

They are good if your not too greedy for boost. Straight bolt on.

But you might wanna piss off the ECU its not that crash hot. Try something like PFC or hondata

IEVAQ8
02-11-2008, 11:21 PM
****my experience**** with avo turbo kit was shocking.................i did indeed use the avo kit with rc injectors and hondata ecu...................i know my engine is b18c7 (dc2r) but i had probs.......................anyways, i sold it all and i actually kept the cooler kit as i think its good and works well and i have a new customer setup which is perfectly fine now, i would also sujest if ur gonna rebuild ur engine, for the same money as a stock rebuild, y not drop some forged rods and pistons in it???.................it will make ur build a lot more stronger and safer and powerful.........................good luck

DLO01
03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Yes, your experience, but you were pushing out of the kit more than what it was capable of or designed in doing, were you not? If you set it up like Avo say then theres no reasons you will have problems. They are tried and tested over many years.

IEVAQ8
03-11-2008, 07:20 AM
ur right and very true.......maybe i was too ambitious with this avo kit.............lol

just my experience............anyways........

Limbo
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
i've seen 2 of these kits in action and so long as you are within AVO's guidelines they work quite well

[ricer]
03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
to sum it up
AVO kits are perfect for standard motors :)

IEVAQ8
03-11-2008, 12:43 PM
;1969883']to sum it up
AVO kits are perfect for standard motors :)

how can u say that???????

it depends on the tuner and what power ur chasing..........my dc2r had stock engine and all the recommendations avo stated (i even had bigger injectors and better ecu) and i still had issues on a stock engine.........

and we all know that i was a little ambitious with the power i wanted out of this setup............but even so...........it still didnt work

so technically it aint perfect for a stock engine...................

DLO01
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeh, I would say, they are fine if you want the simpicity of a bolt on kit and are happy with their power outcomes and nothing more.

IEVAQ8
03-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeh, I would say, they are fine if you want the simpicity of a bolt on kit and are happy with their power outcomes and nothing more.

thanks for ur input and understanding deanno......................

[ricer]
03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
how can u say that???????

it depends on the tuner and what power ur chasing..........

no it doesnt

it depends on what the kit can handle...

u cant have an avo kit and expect 300kw from it. the turbo is just too small. the dump pipe isnt anything special. its only a log manifold. it has rubber piping between the cooler and intake pipes

[ricer]
03-11-2008, 01:28 PM
u just answered your own question................with "turbo too small, dump pipe not special, rubber cooler pipes, and log manifold"................in this case how can it be perfect on a stock engine if its not right??????? and forgive me for being ignorant, but a tuner, or the tune has everything to do with any setup.................

i aint flaming you or slaming you, just expressing/sharing my experience with this same kit..................

because these parts on a stock motor are perfect

like deans set up is cool and all but on a built motor it would be perfect and be at its potential

im saying an avo kit is at its potential on a stock motor... hence perfect for a stock motor

if im not making sence i'll stop now...

IEVAQ8
03-11-2008, 01:33 PM
;1970073']because these parts on a stock motor are perfect

like deans set up is cool and all but on a built motor it would be perfect and be at its potential

im saying an avo kit is at its potential on a stock motor... hence perfect for a stock motor

if im not making sence i'll stop now...

lol.........lets just leave it at that...............

hyperknight
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah i suppse while ive got it stripped down i may as well thow some decent gear in it :)

i'm not after stupid numbers i just want a bit more power than i have !
that being said, the more i look at it the more i'm starting to think that i'd be better of piecing my own kit together that way i can go nuts later on once the intitial joy wears off(we all know that your only happy for 6 months max before you want MORE POWER !!! :-) ,

DIY is much cheaper in the long run but the only problem is that i'm not sure as to what exactly i need thats why i thought a kit would be better, is there a post on here somewhere that has a "shopping list" ??

[ricer]
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1945239#post1945239
apart from the turbo and intercooler everything else is made by a guy named Hakan at performance exhaust center
give him a call... he's done 3 or 4 b16s that i know of... he already has the jig and all that for a manifold so he can probably sell u the parts and u bolt it on urself...

hyperknight
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
hey if you dont mind about how much did your setup cost you ??? cause it sounds exactly like what i want !!! :-)

IEVAQ8
03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
just go peicing your kit urself, and itsw not hard to make up oil lines and water lines and have someone drill and weld in a oil return line for you, thats the main diy, everything else will be bolt on

good luck

[ricer]
03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
pm sent
my price was basically for fitting everything up himself
would definitely be cheaper if ur gonna DIY

Lukezen27
03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Hakan did my Exhaust :thumbsup:

Nice job too!

I've got a few idea for changing my intercooler pipes to gain a few more kw that he'll be doing for me..

I'd go a rev hard kit or some like that.....
http://www.turbo-kits.com/honda_turbo_kits.html

Nice info and some even state gains your should get

Limbo
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
he did my build also

destrukshn
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
avo turbo kits.
i had one on my dc2, make 150kw on 10psi.

i've changed everything besides the dump and the log manifold, and i make 180kw on 12psi.
using a hondata s100, and adrian at toda australia tuned it.

mooshie
04-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Performance Exhaust did my dump and cooler pipes plus some other stuff. Great work and would recommend him to anyone for this kind of job.

votek
05-11-2008, 01:42 AM
anyone know where to do intercooler pipes in melb