PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadening EG and Mounting Split Coax

shebangs
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Few quick questions :)

1. Is Sound Deadening before central locking/alarm install okay?

2. Any tips for SD'ing EG Doors?

3. Can anyone recommend a way to mount the split coax boxes in the doors? Currently I tried using Duck Tape across one of the service holes with a quick piece of metal drilled into the door. However this sucks, because after a bit of wear and tear and movement, my left window can't go all the way down. --- So yeah, how have you mounted your Split Box things?

Thanks

Fhrx
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Sound deadening such as Dynamat is fine before the central locking because it can be peeled back for access and then re-applied. Be careful though because not all sound deadening material can be pulled off easily.

As for how to do it; see the tutorial thread at the top of this forum. :D

shebangs
05-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks Fhrx. Do you have any tips for running new speaker wiring through EG Doors? When we did it on mine, I ended up reusing stock cabling from HU to the doors because we couldn't run new wires easily.

With the Dynomat on the outter door skin, do you try to apply it all over the door skin? Or just in the areas that are open enough via service holes?

Fhrx
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
It's a little hard to explain how to run the cables through the door as they have to run through the plug. It can be done though with time and patience. Don't be afraid to pull your doors off either. That certainly makes it a lot easier.