PDA

View Full Version : Apple Ipod Connector

Adrian Euro
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone,
I have looked through some threads but i fail to find any answers to whether or not any of these connectors allow you to control the music from the IPOD when its plugged in and playing through the sound system.

Can anyone identify if any of these connectors allow the user to control the song playlists via the ipod whilst connected to the adapter to the head unit?

I know some of them allow control throught he steering controls. Thanks.

enkay
03-11-2008, 09:26 PM
well with the dension icelink you can choose a mode to just use the ipod controls(like a normal ipod, choose any playlist albums etc) and you can still press next track and volume with the steering wheel.

MangChi
04-11-2008, 05:39 PM
i can definately say that the honda ipod kit is only via sterring wheel/head unit. not via ipod. not too sure about the others though

Anth
16-11-2008, 08:12 PM
It works ok, but I am disappointed as you get no graphic indicating which 'playlist' you are listening to, simply a number. It is strange, as it will only play from playlists, and they have to be in the following format;

Honda1_
Honda2_

Even if you call it something like Honda1_ThePresets, it simply is represented by '1' on the console. Is that the best you can come up with, Honda?

By the way, the standard sound system, with 10 speakers and subwoofer, really rocks.