PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in removing rooflining...

lkt
05-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi

My CL9 Luxury model got repaired for hail damage during which they took off the sunroof, rooflining etc. It now makes a click-click sound (when its hot outside) on the front right corner (driver side) of the sunroof.

Can someone please tell me if its an easy job to remove the lining and then put it back later...? If yes then how do I do it? Is it do-able at home or best to take to a mechanic or similar..?

(I only want to remove the lining, not the actual sunroof BTW)

Thanks heaps!

Zdster
05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Is it under warranty still? If so, just take it back to the dealership. While I havent pulled the liner off before, it shouldnt be too difficult.

power_of_dreams
05-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Isn't that just the roof expanding? Happened to me over the summer months.

viper8548
05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I think i have that problem as well, makes a click sound when I go over small pot holes on my drivers side where the A pillar is

tony1234
05-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi

My CL9 Luxury model got repaired for hail damage during which they took off the sunroof, rooflining etc. It now makes a click-click sound (when its hot outside) on the front right corner (driver side) of the sunroof.

Can someone please tell me if its an easy job to remove the lining and then put it back later...? If yes then how do I do it? Is it do-able at home or best to take to a mechanic or similar..?

(I only want to remove the lining, not the actual sunroof BTW)

Thanks heaps!
It sounds like they broke some of the clips when they removed the headlining.It'd be under warranty,take it back and get them to fix it.