PDA

View Full Version : Couple problems with EK

BNK
05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
My EK1 seems to have these problems that i'm not sure of what i'm looking at.

1st: During hot days, in the morning (where i haven't touch the car for a while since the night before it), it would make this creeky noise when i turn my steering wheel to get out of the parking, but after a bit of time (10-15 secs) whenever i turn my steering wheel, it wouldn't make the noise anymore. This usually only happen during hot days (never during winter/cold morning as far as i can recall). The noise is not constant whenever i turn my steering wheel, it only make that noise after each certain degree of rotation (could be 2/3 times quick noise depending on how much i turn the steering wheels.

2nd: This one is a bit of a pain on the ass, recently i needed to call someone so i pulled over and to not lose time (kinda in a hurry) i let my mate drove the car. He decided to be a dikhead and did a massive burnout without asking me on this small street. When I started driving again, the car feels terribly slower than usual. Could he burnt all the clutch ?? i think he just rev it really hard and let go of the clutch instantly after (the smell was there for a bit) Should i just reset ECU ??. Btw the next day til now (havn't change clutch/tyres or anything), it feels much better than after i drove it that day but still feel somehow sluggish (could it be just my mind playing tricks ??)

hope i descripted well enough for yous to understand it.
thx in advance:thumbsup:

vinnY
05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
first problem could just be the tyres and the surface rubbing eachother and causing a bit of sound, assuming it's happening at the same spot

second is probably just mind games

hisoka
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
second problem, get a short ram air intake, Js copy one. it does wonders for mind tricks (seriously) makes ure car feel faster than it actually is lol.

BNK
05-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Vinny, but is it normal for the car to go TERRIBLY slower (rev is high but speed is so low) after the burnout ? Coz that's waht happened and the next day, im assuming the engine cooled down but something is definitely different than usual (slower). Also, you mean the surface of the road or the car ? bcoz it wouldnt make that noise during cold mornings or after i drive it for a bit and park it again.

Zdster, smartass! lol. Well which part need to be transalated bcoz it's a bit hard to describe the 1st problem. What do you think of the second one though ?

vinnY
05-11-2008, 01:32 PM
well if thats the case then the clutch might be stuffed and slipping

try taking off in fourth gear, if it moves slowly and keeps revving then its time for a new clutch

surface of the road + tyres
temperatures will affect road surfaces and tyres
is it only happening in your own parking spot i.e. home
or is it happening everywhere you go?

aaronng
05-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Bet he burnt the clutch. If I were you, get him to pay for a clutch replacement.

RtN
05-11-2008, 10:45 PM
well if thats the case then the clutch might be stuffed and slipping

try taking off in fourth gear, if it moves slowly and keeps revving then its time for a new clutch

So to test it you supposed to stall instead of move?

vinnY
05-11-2008, 11:12 PM
pretty much
if it slips then the engine won't stall

BNK
05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
So no matter how hard you try to balance it and not make it stall, if the clutch is good, it will stall ?

Becoz i tried it, and well it started shaking and i thought it would stall, so instinctively i balanced it again and then found the range to take off with the fourth gear. Does that mean its time for new clutch ? :(

2nd prob: As far as i can recall, yeh it only happen on the same parking spot (my house). Im not sure if this would happen everywhere else as i havn't stay overnight at sum1s for a bit now so i would have no idea. I'll try to park my car down the road tommorow though and hope it's warm on friday so i can see how it goes. Will let you know, thx anyway 4 the diagnosis vinny:thumbsup:

vinnY
06-11-2008, 12:00 AM
well obviously if you balance it, this mimics the effects of a slipping clutch
if you slip it enough, it'll have enough torque to take off in fourth without dying

if it's only your place and its a polished concrete surface, new flat surface or painted surface it'll probably give you a funny sound, its just the sound of the tyres and the floor gripping

BNK
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
i see...

well the noises is not the normal tyre screeching noise when it's in a slippery surface. It's more like it's from the inside (could be somewhere around the steering wheel/dash area). I thought it was because the heat which created some friction on some parts (im shit with science so dun laugh at my stupid theory ! lol)

mmmmm.... wish some1 could just quickly check and tell me what wrong with my ride:(

aaronng
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Don't try to take off in 4th gear. We meant to try to take off normally in 4th, not slip the clutch all the way until the car starts moving.

Crapdaz
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
sounds liek your friend burnt and rode the clutch.