PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Accord Coolant?

PANJAB
05-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone, just wandering what brand coolant do you guys use? I've been getting it serviced from dealers, however this time it was not topped up, so i need to do it my self any suggestions what the Honda Dealer use? Will it matter if i get a different brand and it mixes with the previous coolant? don't want any chemical reactions occuring in the radiator loz.. Its currently on minimum and i need to top it another half, so yeah i guess 50/50 (coolant & water) ??

Cheers

aaronng
05-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Go and buy Honda Type II coolant. It is premixed, so you pour it straight into the overflow tank. This way, you won't have incompatibility problems with your existing coolant.

ECU-MAN
06-11-2008, 07:59 AM
as above,

dont use anything else

PANJAB
06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
thanks heaps for the advice :thumbsup:

hotout
16-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone, just wandering what brand coolant do you guys use? I've been getting it serviced from dealers, however this time it was not topped up, so i need to do it my self any suggestions what the Honda Dealer use? Will it matter if i get a different brand and it mixes with the previous coolant? don't want any chemical reactions occuring in the radiator loz.. Its currently on minimum and i need to top it another half, so yeah i guess 50/50 (coolant & water) ??

Cheers

which dealer you take it to? they always top up mine (and charge for it of course) It really shouldn't be at minimum unless you have a leak somewhere.