PDA

View Full Version : [cu2] Replacing front bumper

lysp
05-11-2008, 03:23 PM
After having my cu2 lux only a few weeks there was a car park (low speed) incident where my bumper was damaged on the right hand side under the indicator lights. This has scratched a bit of paint off it.

I'm pretty sure it's too big to touch up. What would be my options?

How much is the standard bumper to be replaced?

Is it worth going the aero bumper for a slight bit more if i'm going to pay for a new one?

Will it look ok with the aero bumper and the rest standard?

J-TODA
05-11-2008, 04:28 PM
ahhhh man id be spewing if i was in ur situation.... u should still take it to a panel beater/sprayer jst to get a quote neva know mayb the damage aint as bad as u think.. also try some wreckers... u neva know mayb deres someone in ur area whos new cu2 got rear end damage written off :)

jst call up honda parts and get a quote

tony1234
05-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Post a pic so we can see the damage to advise you or else go to a panel shop for a quote.It doesn't sound like you need to replace the bumper.

power_of_dreams
05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
pm sent

unity
05-11-2008, 05:32 PM
I recently went to some panel beaters in Melbourne to get a quote on a front bumper respray for a different car. Was quoted between $300 to $500 from various places. It will cost more if the bumper needs re-alignment.

viper8548
05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I recently went to some panel beaters in Melbourne to get a quote on a front bumper respray for a different car. Was quoted between $300 to $500 from various places. It will cost more if the bumper needs re-alignment.

what re-alignment? Don't they need to take off the bumper to paint it anyway?

unity
05-11-2008, 06:55 PM
what re-alignment? Don't they need to take off the bumper to paint it anyway?

That's what the guy was telling me. I suppose if the bumper gets pushed up/down or left/right then something has given way or been damaged for the bumper to become mis-aligned. It would cost a little more to get those parts straightened/replaced so that the bumper will sit correctly again.

lysp
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Looks like there a few more scratches than i realised. It pained me to look too hard at the time.

Here is the best photo i could attempt in the semi-dark.

http://bayimg.com/image/balgnaabm.jpg

bigdongers
05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Is insurance an option?

lysp
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I've just switched insurance companies in the last few weeks so want to try and avoid that to keep a good rating.

That's why i was thinking about the new bumper option rather than a repair.

J-TODA
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
doesnt look that bad from the pics man... are there dents>>? if its jst scratches a respray of the bar should onli cost around 300-400dollars depending on the shop..cant realli tell from the pic bt the bar looks like its sitting properly as well alligend with lights and all.... i reckon ur best option take it to a workshop get it quoted...

Bo0o0ost
06-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Im guessing it was ur fault?
If so, a respray will do ya dude.
If its the other blokes, make the bastard pay through his nose!
Looks like a respray will fix her up man
Just make sure its sanded back and primed properly!

tony1234
06-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Looks like there a few more scratches than i realised. It pained me to look too hard at the time.

Here is the best photo i could attempt in the semi-dark.

http://bayimg.com/image/balgnaabm.jpg
Looks like a sand back and respray of the bumper will fix it.As stated before approx.$300-$400 should be all it costs.Not worth going through insurance.

Bobjones
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Yep thats a sand and paint, they should paint the whole bumper otherwise the bleed in will show up eventually. Most places should spray it for about $200-400 depending on area/state.