PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch

riruiz_88
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
so im pretty sure im in need for a new clutch. it makes a sort of "zzzzzzzz" noise when ever i reverse or take off in 1st gear but only when gearbox is cold. aswell as not matching power with revs. and another point is that my friction point is pretty high, just near the pedal clutch play. so my questions are:

1) in the exedy website, it states that for my car i must check the bearing first. i expect they are talking about the release bearing, why would this be an issue? here is the link to the website>> http://www.exedy.com.au/SpecSheet.aspx?SpreadsheetRowId=16546

2) while the gearbox is out, is there anything else that would be advised on replacing? and im right to re-use the pressure plate and flywheel right, it can be machined if its not worn too much?
help apprecaited:thumbsup:

jeffreymui
05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
from what i know from my friend......as the car gets old...change the spigot bearing and rear main seal aswell....i just got a clutch kit aswell...when exams are over...will chuck it stright on

GIPONU
05-11-2008, 08:40 PM
im in the process of getting a new clutch too
got my eyes set on a exedy heavy duty sports tuff

riruiz_88
06-11-2008, 04:51 AM
from what i know from my friend......as the car gets old...change the spigot bearing and rear main seal aswell....i just got a clutch kit aswell...when exams are over...will chuck it stright on
the spigot bearing is in the gearbox end right, houses the little shaft coming out. and that seal you said would be behind this bearing yes?

riruiz_88
06-11-2008, 04:53 AM
i wont be gettin a sports or heavy duty clutch, as i do not need one as of right now. wont be doing the engine up, just basic bolt on for this engine.
more responses would be great

VTECMACHINE
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Get a kit with a new pressure plate too.

GIPONU
06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
wat wears out in a clutch system?
theres
the clutch.
the flwheel.
the pressure plate?
and that thing which gets damaged wen u hold the clutch too long and your in gear.
is that all?

riruiz_88
07-11-2008, 05:01 AM
release bearing? im thinking to replace the starter motor since the gear box is gettin pulled out, will have to check my funds. anything else i have missed to be replaced?

aaronng
07-11-2008, 06:46 AM
There is also a little copper bearing sleeve that goes on the engine side. I got that in my exedy kit together with the release bearing.

If you get the HD, you'll be replacing both the clutch and the pressure plate. Make sure you machine the flywheel as well if you are reusing it.

riruiz_88
07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
would you know if that copper bearing sleeve would come in all kits? and yes i will definitely be machining the pressure plate and flywheel. also how many liters does the gearbox take, would like to know how many bottles of Honda gearbox fluid i should get?

GIPONU
07-11-2008, 06:45 PM
There is also a little copper bearing sleeve that goes on the engine side. I got that in my exedy kit together with the release bearing.

If you get the HD, you'll be replacing both the clutch and the pressure plate. Make sure you machine the flywheel as well if you are reusing it.

thanks for the heads up. i've actually decided to replace the flywheel with a lghtweight.lol