PDA

View Full Version : accessing back damper on Tien SS

s4029768
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to access the back dampers for the Tein SS. I cannot locate the side panel screw. can some one put some pic up to give me hand

And what kind of damper setting have you guys setup for our crappy brisbane roads, specially the s&*t house gateway motorway.

akina
05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
no pics but take off the back seat and now locate the side of the seat... follow it down and u should see a screw at the bottom. unscrew it and now u need to push the side seat upwards to take it out...
then u should see the damper adjusting thing. same for both sides.

hope u know what im talking about... lol
some1 else can explain better im sure :)

s4029768
05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
no pics but take off the back seat and now locate the side of the seat... follow it down and u should see a screw at the bottom. unscrew it and now u need to push the side seat upwards to take it out...
then u should see the damper adjusting thing. same for both sides.

hope u know what im talking about... lol
some1 else can explain better im sure :)

when you say take off do you mean fold the seat forwards??

akina
05-11-2008, 09:24 PM
no, the part that u sit on.

hold the bottom bit and rip it off.

hooyn
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Uq student.

Crapdaz
06-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Hold the bottom sponge seating location and "PULL UP" it will unclip.

- 2 clips one on the left and one on the right side.
- the bolt akina is talking about is about 12mm, it is just under that corner section seat panel.
To remove ( push up towards rear wind screen then out)

s4029768
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Hold the bottom sponge seating location and "PULL UP" it will unclip.

- 2 clips one on the left and one on the right side.
- the bolt akina is talking about is about 12mm, it is just under that corner section seat panel.
To remove ( push up towards rear wind screen then out)

how much force should I use to remove the corner section panel? does it have clip of some sort. I dont want damage it by using too much force...

s4029768
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
also is possible to get to it through the boot side panels??

akina
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
it shouldn't take a lot of force...
just push it upwards then pull it towards u. its important to get that pushing angle right coz its like a hook. thats why u gotta push upwards first.

Crapdaz
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
As akina has mentioned, don't over do it or you burr the plastic sections on the panel itself.

When i removed mine it was quite tight so i used more force.

it shouldn't take a lot of force...
just push it upwards then pull it towards u. its important to get that pushing angle right coz its like a hook. thats why u gotta push upwards first.