PDA

View Full Version : Screeching brake noise on the Euro. Do you get them?

Euro858
05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi,

Im getting irritating screeching noises when I hit my brakes. I JUST serviced my car few days ago and told the mechanic to check what it was. He said my brakes still had life in them and I should spray them with water when the car is cold. I've done that...and its also raining today....STILL get it!! on the occassion I dont get it but 70% of the times it makes noises. Been getting it every since I got new wheels from stock to 18" . Is there a correlation? Does anyone know? Its making my euro sound like a cheap piece of S%$t

Cheers

Crapdaz
06-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Hi,

Im getting irritating screeching noises when I hit my brakes. I JUST serviced my car few days ago and told the mechanic to check what it was. He said my brakes still had life in them and I should spray them with water when the car is cold. I've done that...and its also raining today....STILL get it!! on the occassion I dont get it but 70% of the times it makes noises. Been getting it every since I got new wheels from stock to 18" . Is there a correlation? Does anyone know? Its making my euro sound like a cheap piece of S%$t

Cheers

So it happens when you apply the brakes (hard or soft braking or just any) ?

Do you feel any vibrations in the steering wheel during braking?
or is it only sound affected?

aaronng
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Check if the dust shield is touching the rotors.
If you are using stock Honda pads, change to aftermarket ones.

felixd
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
mine too when its cold im always worried :) about it haha ! its only done 25000+kms should i b worried ?

PNR888
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
my front brakes also scream on initial bite at highway speed, only when apply light pressure to the pedal. (eg, want to slow down from 100km/h to 80km/h). Also when apply brake at carpark speed.

Took the car to my mates Ultratune this morning. Original Honda front pads still got about 10000 - 15000km worth of thickness, but the rotor/discs are also worn down to the point beyond machining. So I have to look at having both pads and rotor changed when the time comes.

My mate reckons Honda pads are quite hard wearing, but that means they can wear down rotor/disc a bit quicker. Mind you my Euro has ~120000km on clock already, still on original Honda front pads. can't complain. (had rears replaced in July. Bendix General CT, solved sharp screaming noise )