PDA

View Full Version : vehicle inspections

CRXDEL501
06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
hey all..
im wanting to get a dc2 looked at on saturday, but my mechanic cant do it and its the only time the guy can show the car before i buy.

does anyone know someone really reliable and picky, that will pick up every little detail that could be wrong with the car this saturday in brisbanee? if there is anything.. just for piece of mind before i buy...

dont wanna buy something thats screwed..

thanks

fitvpower
06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
make sure timing belt been change and water pumps, check if nothing is leaking, check the hoses, ask wen it was last serviced, test drive it!

wer bouts in brissy are u?

CRXDEL501
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
im southside...

I heart the SSS
07-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Check CV boots and shaft boots etc..

Do the usual drive around in a circle in second to see if any of the above is worn and clicking.

As above, oil leaks, service history, check around the head for any leaks...

Check the shocks for leaks too

try to find a car with as little modification..

WTNESS
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
^^ yeah wat they said, thats if you have the skills on finding these things yourself, general things: if the car smokes on accelaration/deccelaration, any leaks around, over heating, dings, bog work around, chasis rails on the bottom of the car, if the k's been played with, rush around the b pillar, c pillar, in the boot around the spare tire, next to the firewall.

if u dont, then try and get a mate that knows a thing or 2 about cars.

u dont wanna rush into things, or ull end up with a lemon.

na-118
07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
went to go check out this ek sedan, check the log books and the tacho, might be totally different kms will be a big worry

CRXDEL501
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
its got like 60000 on it.
stocko :)

thanks everyone

paps02
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
get an racq check.... and tell them to be very particular with things like what is mentioned above.

CRXDEL501
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
get an racq check.... and tell them to be very particular with things like what is mentioned above.

rang them george...
they dont do saturdays
and this guy has a tight schedule so its hard...

but its getting looked at tomorrow dont worry... it shall be good.

hope everything with your motor goes well.

send me a text