PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound when braking under 10km/h

g3vtir
09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
hey all,

Well last weekend i put on 17inch mags on my DC2. After putting them on, i drove it and noticed a loud clicking/grinding noise. It was the spokes of the mags rubbing against the brake calipers. So what i did was i bought 3mm wheel spacers. It is now not touching at all but when braking under 10km/h, i can still hear a grinding/clicking noise. If i let off the brakes the noise disappears. Do you guys reckon i did damage to my brakes before i put the wheel spacers on???

੮®ப
09-10-2004, 09:01 PM
hmmm thats a hard one ... so what happens when u put or stockies back on does it still make the noise... if it does then its most likely that u could have damaged something... good luck

ECU-MAN
09-10-2004, 09:57 PM
you could of damaged your caliper pins or calipers, et them looked at by a mechanic to be sure.

g3vtir
10-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Hmm ok i've jacked up the car and had a look at my brakes. Everything seems to be fine. I didnt find any cracked/bent components. Its weird though coz at high speed braking i dont hear it at all, but below 10km/h its very noticeable. Grinding/clicking noise at every wheel rotation, and only when the brakes are pressed softly..any harder or i let the brakes go and the noise disappears. Man its driving me nuts. Oh and the mags aren't touching the brakes anymore...i checked.