theres a silver ek9 running around the sydney area
ive been told it loosk pretty genuine
i was wondering if anyone knows who the owner is
i realli realli wanna check out the car

the plate is a red B16B
someone has to know the owner!

09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
hey yeh ive seen it at the city, near ulitmo tafe once. a while back

ish nice!! mugen kit all around... and cf bonnet with vents, yeh ish nice.. just saw it parked. so yeh.. fogot wat rims.. hahaha had the recaros ..

Chi
09-10-2004, 09:22 PM
prob a rebuild , wont be a genuine ek9, cant bring it into NSW

SiR JDM
10-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Really? I never knew NSW cant have an ek9.. poor bastards :P

Next time check the studs to see if its 5 stud or not.
I saw one here in boxhill a dark blue or black one (it was dark) n i just saw the CTR wing, i thought wata tryhard ek9! prob only a ek1! n then i checked it out closer.. had 5 stud volks, recaros and original red H badging..
Still could be a fake, all that can be put on any EK, but i doubt people would go to those lengths?

gelo
10-10-2004, 02:35 AM
all of my friends have seen this silver 'ek9'
they are all honda fans and know wha the real one is like
they say this silver one has:
recaro interior
5 stud wheels
and yes a mugen kit

they have taken pix of it on their fones
but i wanna see the thing myself

SiR
10-10-2004, 02:47 AM
What this silver 'EK9' doesn't have, and I'm assuming this is the same one that I see around Sydney, are the 'blacked-out' headlights...

EK9
10-10-2004, 02:48 AM
isn't this the one from QLD that was for sale a while back??? it's the only silver ek9 i've heard of... and i know i got pics too

EK9
10-10-2004, 02:56 AM
What this silver 'EK9' doesn't have, and I'm assuming this is the same one that I see around Sydney, are the 'blacked-out' headlights...
yup... found the pic too (remember it's 1 or 2 yrs old)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/ek9/Honda/qldctr.jpg

civic_mods
10-10-2004, 05:01 AM
it doesn't got the "black" front light which geniue EK9 should have :p

SiR JDM
10-10-2004, 05:09 AM
I was thinking that too :P

gelo
10-10-2004, 10:50 AM
so does that mean its not a genuine ek9?

Mitch M
10-10-2004, 10:53 AM
YES i have seen the one

i did a quick loop around the block [he was on the side of the road] to check the amount of wheel studs .... i was greatly impressed :D

either he has gone to alot of trouble and expense to make this replica ... or its real ... i am pretty sure its the second option ;)

eknine
10-10-2004, 01:18 PM
With this headlites "black out" discussion you guys have had, from the pix i'm amazed at your passing judgement.

while the difference between the chrome(the 96-98 civic) and the 98 spec CTR headlites, i must admit is almost hard to tell even in real - the smoked effect is actually so minimal and most of the time, when you do see the 96-98 headlites in a so called smoke obvious situation is because the photographer is creating that effect from a way of location/poor lighting/etc.

if you need to know and have yet to know this, the obvious smoked look of the ek headlites only existed clearly on the 99spec CTR.

having said that i'm just amazed at how you guys can tell/see so much from just a pix.

on the the other hand if you claimed that the pix posted by EK9 shows that it is not the EK9 headlites because of the existence of the headlite bulb reflector, the argument is somewhat valid than a passing judgement - try to at least show that you know what you are talking about.

so do u see the reflector in that pix? i'm sure you'd find the answer within.

and finally, an ek owner can always remove the headlight reflector, which i have mentioned prior and in essense it would almost look like the 98 spec CTR headlites - making doubly hard to see the difference esp from a pix or sometime in real and up close- that unless you are viewing in good lighting under the sun.

anyhow, this is not abt who knows what or who has a bigger ego, i just want to try pass out the right info rather than a passing claim. pix can be deceiving, but you just need to know what to look out for ;)

eknine
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
btw if you want to know how obvious smoked effect looks like, then you have to see hondar's sale on the 99spec CTR headlites.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10149

even in hondar's pix it almost hard to tell and i have to agree with him that the pix don't do the headlight any justices...but if telling/seeing the smoke effect of the 99spec CTR is hard, what more can you say when looking at a 98 spec CTR vs an EK (96-98 civic) headlights.

to reiterate, the smoke effect on the 99spec is as obvious as it can look- no doubt.
as for now let's not go into details on how to go about identifying the headlites difference between a 99spec civic vs a 99 spec CTR.

having said that, if you must ask or know - then i have to tell you that hondar's 99spec CTR headlight is a genuine set.

SiR JDM
10-10-2004, 01:37 PM
i wasn't passing judgement, mearly stating something.
Im not the ek9 expert you obviously are and was just thinking it dosn't have the smoked look headlights... i never said because of that its not an original..
I just thought it was something like how ever original EG6 ive seen never has ambers? or something of the sort..

eknine
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
look at SIR JDM -> <sigh>

========================

btw gelo, pm gatecrasher - he is the best person to hook you up - your key to a view :)

cheers!

SiR JDM
10-10-2004, 02:13 PM
hahaha sorry >_<

gonna stay out of these discussions in future :P

Kit
10-10-2004, 05:18 PM
i knew a previous owner of this car.

it is a rebuilt EK9

VTi-RT
10-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Can anyone confirm that CTR's only come in Championship White/Black/Yellow?

EG5
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
that silver ek with b16b plate no is a rebuilt.
its got alot of jdm ek9 bits and pieces .

SiR
11-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Can anyone confirm that CTR's only come in Championship White/Black/Yellow?

And VSM silver.

type one
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
ek9 also came in silver... seen jap brochures on the net... not hard to find if you look.

luzinit
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
i also seen one in chinatown, ctr decals, cw colour, and mugen mf8 or 10 rims.
anyone know of this one also? drove past me so didnt get to look at interior or other tell tale signs

enoch
11-10-2004, 04:23 PM
hey gelo, ive seen that car, it looks really ugly to me...it has altezza lights right?
i saw it around unsw

EK9
11-10-2004, 04:38 PM
well to me, the headlights definitely look like they're not smoked...
anyway, just cos it doesn't have smoked headlights doesn't mean it's not an ek9
rebuild or private import, it still is an ek9... i know my car is a rebuild, but i also know it's got an ek9 chasis (hey "eknine", the vin is there, was just too dirty last time to c it... LOL)
and think about it, if any ek9 owner did have a bump and lose a headlight *touch wood*, it would be very hard and expensive to get original replacements, and that's for all parts.

taul2us
11-10-2004, 06:45 PM
it is a genuine CTR. I know him

tekling
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
i knew a previous owner of this car.

it is a rebuilt EK9

lol :rolleyes:

egSi
11-10-2004, 07:03 PM
looks like a magna to me guys :o

eknine
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
........think about it, if any ek9 owner did have a bump and lose a headlight *touch wood*, it would be very hard and expensive to get original replacements, and that's for all parts.

^^^^ now thats a valid point ^^^^

at least some people are thinking :thumbsup:

:wave: btw vinh catch up soon on msn - me too bz with work ;)

RAYTDR
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
I remember seeing this one when it was for sale a long time ago in queensland and if im not wrong it has a rear wiper which EK9's do not have :confused: . So it was probably reshelled into an aussie civic.

But Still its as close to an EK9 that u can get in Oz, I know i would be happy with it :D .

I :love: EK9

Kit
12-10-2004, 05:43 PM
that silver ek with b16b plate no is a rebuilt.
its got alot of jdm ek9 bits and pieces .

are we talking about the same one?
Silver EK hatch with a Kit?

It has a full CTR interior, B16b engine, and it had HKS coilovers when I saw it last.

its a rebuild man, its a local shell.
I knew a previous owner of it.

At the time I had my EK4 and wanted to sell it... the guy wanted to swap cars with me cos he couldnt get insurance.

Setanta
12-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Anyone that says that you can't register a "rebuild" JDM car in NSW... obviously hasn't seen the rules bent ;) BTW - it could be a private import - doesn't need to be 15yrs or SEVS complied.

Kit
13-10-2004, 12:23 AM

further to this, just cos its rebuilt, it doesnt mean it can't be a genuine CTR.

EK9
13-10-2004, 05:36 AM
^^^^ now thats a valid point ^^^^

at least some people are thinking :thumbsup:

:wave: btw vinh catch up soon on msn - me too bz with work ;)
of course roy! i've been busy too, was doin 7 days a week *phew* but got time off now :D

anyways, ^^^ dat's y i poop my pants wen i drive, dun wanna lose any ctr stuff *touch wood again!*... there's only one thing that scares me on the roads, that's bad drivers!

Kit: Yeah, i think that's it... mugen kit in QLD, this was ages ago.
Bout whether it's genuine or not, sum ppl say: EK9 chasis = genuine ; EK9 goodies swapped into non EK9 shell = not genuine. Why? Argument is EK9 chasis is original/reinforced/stiffer/etc... i'm probably opening up a new can of worms here, but thought i'd just add that ;)

McChook
13-10-2004, 06:42 AM
all of my friends have seen this silver 'ek9'
they are all honda fans and know wha the real one is like
they say this silver one has:
recaro interior
5 stud wheels
and yes a mugen kit

they have taken pix of it on their fones
but i wanna see the thing myself
I have seen it at an eastern creek skid pan day whilst I was running at a supersprint

It appears to be the genuine article - even the engine number was correct, and after watching it on the skid pan, it definitely had an LSD and was very fast.... then, a few things looked VERY AUDM....

There are 3 GENUINE white CTRs in Sydney that I know of right now

Setanta
13-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I don't know about the EK9 boys, but I consider my EF9 to be genuine - as opposed to those that take an ED6 and bolt across the EF9 panals, interior and motor... but then again - they can't bolt across the crossmembers etc as the EF9 was redesigned firewall forward compared to the other EF/EE/EDs.

BTW - a "rebuild" is often the original JDM car that simply used a loophole (now gone) to get a new VIN... it doesn't mean it's rebuilt at all.

Kit
13-10-2004, 11:42 AM
i mean, it doesnt really matter whether this car is rebuilt or not. but as I was told from the owner I knew. it was rebuilt into an AU shell, hence the lights aren't the right ones etc.

but all drivetrain, engine, interior etc are all EK9

zco
23-02-2005, 07:12 AM
okay. i have been told, that we cant have genuine ek9 in NSW. but looks like i was wrong. from reading the last few posts, there are 3 genuine white CTR's in NSW. howcome so less? and what are the possible ways to get them in. cheers.

bennjamin
23-02-2005, 09:24 AM
whatever it is - ive raced it aaaagggeeeees ago in my friends type R *NOT ON THE STREET I SWEAR*.

Last ive heard , its been in a large front end accident...so....whatever it is - it IS a rebuild eheh.

CTR Coupe
23-02-2005, 01:35 PM
private import and thats it. no other way anymore

zco
24-02-2005, 07:11 AM
private import and thats it. no other way anymore

does that mean buy the car overseas, stay there for 12months or more, then bring back here ? to NSW ?

EG5
24-02-2005, 02:02 PM
this EK b16b is a rebuild , it was sitting on my apartment garage for more than 2 months. its audm chasis with full ek9 parts on it.
zi own it before and i did got a chance to drive it around

CTR Coupe
24-02-2005, 03:08 PM
does that mean buy the car overseas, stay there for 12months or more, then bring back here ? to NSW ?

yep, live overseas for 12 months, you must have proof you regested it serviced it and drove it around in those 12 months you just cant put it in storage and import it when u come home.

Setanta
24-02-2005, 04:00 PM
It's always possible to sneak something past the RTA =) Just because the RTA won't rego a "rebuild", doesn't mean that there aren't rebuilds that are rego'd with the RTA

CTR Coupe
24-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry I should have said the only "LEGAL" way of getting one is though private import. You could take the risk and import it as a race car and then buy a repairable write off cxi/gli/vtir hatch and rebirth it.

[[d a n n y]]
25-02-2005, 08:36 AM
saw that car too
nice and zippy lil car

NightRyder
27-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, what does it take to bring a CTR into NSW?...if it is genuine...and had been privately imported in another state, say QLD?

zco
27-02-2005, 10:58 PM
nighryder: good question. do you mean if its alreay in, say melbourne, how can we bring it to NSW ? if so.. i wanna know aswell. just to satisfy my curiosity.

NightRyder
27-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Zco: yeah if it is already in another state besides Sydney.
I so do wouldn't mind selling my Ek4 for a genuine CTR and not a rebuilt type...
If anyone can enlighten us, that would be great.

JUSTJDM
28-02-2005, 08:10 AM
if it is privatley imported you shouldn't have too many problems with rego, if it's rego'd in say QLD, on sale,transfer the rego to your name then you could bring it down and drive it with the QLD rego til that's up for renewal then transfer it over to NSW don't cancel the rego cos then your likley to have problems. Also make sure with an imported vehicle if you buy it ALWAYS get all the paperwork and import approval certificates and/or the 0-4-5 inspection certificare that came with the car when it was imported then you shouldn't have any worries.

Setanta
28-02-2005, 03:21 PM
^^^^^

Bad advice!

If you do that and your rego finishes you are FUBAR. NSW is the toughest state to rego an import in and if you can't qualify it as legit then you are stuffed and will have a car with no rego.

Been there, been burnt by it.

Do your homework first.

JUSTJDM
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
then you must know how to get around it so how do you do it :confused: that's what people want to know. i would have thought if the car is privatley/personally (yellow plated) imported as they said it was, it would have yellow plated compliance and you had all the paper work with the car AS I SAID already, you should be able re-register it just like any other car.
but yes if it's not yellow plated compliance i agree it's more complicated.

jdmlvn
12-07-2005, 11:19 AM
yup... found the pic too (remember it's 1 or 2 yrs old)

we're talking about the one in sydney not qld.. xD

Perry
12-07-2005, 01:07 PM
i havent seen this car myself since im a ek9 fan i wouldnt mind checkin it out aswell

Civic Type R
13-07-2005, 02:28 PM

Copycat !! hehe

http://70.85.12.34/~ppcc/website/eventgallery/2005/jun/dynoday05/dynoday89.jpg

Its not all that hard to replicate an EK9. Sure it costs money but and im happy knowing my car is still an EK4 ~ even tho ive rebadged it EK9 :D

SiReal
13-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Civic Type R - well it worked for me. i thought yours was a genuine item from ur avatar.

Civic Type R
13-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Ive spend just over $22k converting my EK4 to JDM Ek9..