PDA

View Full Version : [cu2] Euro Noob

imo
07-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm a Holden man born and raised.

Thing is my wife just got me a Cobalt Blue Honda Accord Euro Luxury to replace my very tired looking White VS Commodore Executive Wagon that had over 330,000k on the clock.

I've never owned a medium sized car or driven a Euro before so didn't know what to expect when I was given the keys and pointed towards the garage. What I got was an awesome ride.

Drove it to work a few times already and it only sips down 7.1l/100k on the round trip, mostly highway and sticking to the speed limit. At the other end of the scale I took it up a local pass (Macquarie Pass) and beat my previous record time by a fair margin on the second run... a feat I never managed in the Executive after years of trying.

As for the comfort and finish... wow... it's just really nice inside and out.

Well.... looks like I'm a Honda owner for a while.... perhaps a long while.

vte18c
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Man must be like going from the flintstones to modern times.. you must be loving it.

Just don't freak out when you get your first major service bill.. hehe

akina
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
congrats and welcome imo!
great choice ur wife has ;)

this service bill will be nothing compared to mercs...
mum just took the merc to service yesterday, the bill was 3.2k!! LMAO gg...

viper8548
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the real world imo, this is probably the best move you've ever made lol

aaronng
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Man must be like going from the flintstones to modern times.. you must be loving it.

Just don't freak out when you get your first major service bill.. hehe

It is nothing compared to the service bill from Holden too. Servicing our Astra cost twice as much as my Euro!

albii
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't understand the whole "honda is expensive to maintain" bullshit.
They are not at all. My Hyundai cost alot more to maintain and that was in 95.

imo
07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll be using my family mechanic for all maintenance except the first few that were thrown in or any he recommends Honda do. He's good value. Looking at the book most of the maintenance is just oil changes, I'd do those myself if it didn't void the warranty.

One thing I’m not as confident on is where to buy gear for the Euro. First buy will be a workshop manual(s) and a full wiring diagram. I’m hope there is more competition out there than just the local dealer.

centurionau
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
One thing I’m not as confident on is where to buy gear for the Euro. First buy will be a workshop manual(s) and a full wiring diagram. I’m hope there is more competition out there than just the local dealer.

Coming from a Holden, who have dealers on every corner, you will find Honda dealers quite scarce in comparison...

rambohung
07-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Welcome to our world :) Don't we all wish we have a wife buying us a nice car lol She may get jealous if u love your car too much lol

imo
07-11-2008, 10:26 PM
She may get jealous if u love your car too much lol

lol. I think that was the idea mate. Distract me from hassling her.

EH VTi
09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I have a VE SSV because part of me likes the V8, but we just bought the CU2 Euro for my fiance and I am rapt with it...

I have a very soft spot for the Honda, I just wich I had the extra $$ to keep the EH VTi.. That was an awesome little beast.....

Type R Positive
12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't understand the whole "honda is expensive to maintain" bullshit.
They are not at all. My Hyundai cost alot more to maintain and that was in 95.bloody lot cheaper than toyota 4x4..... :p