PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] - Auto Dim Rear View Mirror

ope126
07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi All,

Was hoping to ask a favour of all the Euro Luxury owners that have a OEM Auto Dim Rear View Mirror. Would it be possible to get a close up photo of how it is attached to the windscreen.
I am looking to retro-fit this into my 2005 Honda Accord Euro Luxury. However mine is the manual mirror only.
- Does the windscreen have a black ceramic line running vertically from the base of the mirror to the top of the screen (headlining)?
- Or does it just have the black plastic cover to hide the wires?
- Do you know if the mirror mount is a "wedge" style or a "Cam Lock" sytem.

My manual mirror has a square base mounting on the windscreen.
Is the Auto Dim Mirror mount more of a rectangle with a cureved top. (if that makes sense)

Cheers in advance!

Glenn

JunYu
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Willrandom/mirror2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Willrandom/mirror.jpg

JunYu
07-11-2008, 05:11 PM
i didn't see your specific points that you wanted to find out, so i just took two random shots, hope it answers your questions anyway :)

ope126
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks JunYu,

That answers my question wonderfully!!!
The set up is exactly the same as in my Camry Sportivo, I thought that it would be! ;)

Now just to get my self an Auto Dim Rear View Mirror from the US.

Would anyone know how to access a wiring diagram for the Auto Dim Rear View Mirror?

Quite simply I just need 12Volt (accessories) and Negative.

Can it be somehow tapped into the rain sensor loom, or maybe the overhead console where the map lights and sunglass holder is.

Glenn

ope126
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
i didn't see your specific points that you wanted to find out, so i just took two random shots, hope it answers your questions anyway :)

Thanks again JunYu,

I decided to bite the bulit and remove the factory fitted Manual Rear View Mirror. And for all those that are interested it is a "Wedge" style mount onto the windscreen. :)

I have ordered my GENTEX 50-GENK2A Auto Dim Rear View Mirror (same as OEM) and hopefully it will be here within 2 weeks.

Now back to the wiring. :confused:

Does anyone know where I can get 12volt + / Ground - up near the map lights, or do I need to feed all the way down to the fuse box?

Any help with wiring / wiring diagrams would be very much appreciated.

Glenn

BeLowZeRo
10-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Woww... i didn't know there's an OEM auto dimmer on euro. Is it only come on luxury model?

Min988
10-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Its a newer model feature MY06 and above, its not on our euro's.

ope126
10-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Its a newer model feature MY06 and above, its not on our euro's.

It was an option on 03 - 05 Luxury only. Then standard on MY06 Luxury and later models.
Mine should be here within a week. :thumbsup:
Still chasing the wiring options for it though...:thumbdwn:

Accord Basic
14-11-2008, 03:29 PM
How is it works? What do you mean Dim rear view? sorry I really have no idea what is it. anyone can explain to me. Thanks

ope126
14-11-2008, 04:23 PM
How is it works? What do you mean Dim rear view? sorry I really have no idea what is it. anyone can explain to me. Thanks

The way that an Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror works is by dimmimg the lights that you see in your Rear View Mirror at night. Instead of all the glare, it is reduced so as not to strain the eyes.
You would ave a manual mirror, so tonight when you are driving, flick the knob forward (or backwards) and see the effect it has.

The difference being, the Auto Mirror does this automatically. I has sensors both to the front and rear of the vehicle and adjust accordingly. Only at night though.

I have this feature on my Sportivo and was disapointed when it was not on the Euro.
But that is easily fixed!

Anyone got a wiring diagram?!...

I trust this helps...

Ken-f
14-11-2008, 08:09 PM
damn!! I thought mine had it....then i noticed today that i had the manual flick switch thing.

ope126
18-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, so I recieved my Auto Dim Rear View Mirror today. :)
I have already fitted it, however I have not wired it up yet.

Is there a "how to" on removing the A Pillars?
Once I remove the A Pillar it should be quite easy to find a 12 volt source and ground.

It looks the same as the pictures above, it is made by the one manufacturer; GENTEX.

ope126
18-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I am now lookig at the options for the wiring.
Please refer to the following thread about how too take the overhead sunglass / map light console out.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2002533#post2002533

I have now idea!

This is were I need to get my power and ground.

Glenn

ope126
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
All done...

Quite easy actually. ;)

Just unclip the SRS logo, then this turns 90 degrees, then pulling from the top; unclip that clip and the next clip about 15cm futher down the A Pillar. Just two clips in total and no screws...

12 volt and an earth point.

Auto Dim Mirror now installed and working well!

kimnkk
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow, Nice work!

I would love to add an autodimming rear view mirror as well :D. Where did you get the Gentex unit if you don't mind me asking?

tony1234
03-12-2008, 06:32 AM
All done...

Quite easy actually. ;)

Just unclip the SRS logo, then this turns 90 degrees, then pulling from the top; unclip that clip and the next clip about 15cm futher down the A Pillar. Just two clips in total and no screws...

12 volt and an earth point.

Auto Dim Mirror now installed and working well!
Good work.i thought it wouldn't be worthwhile doing.how much$$$ did it cost you all up?

ope126
03-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Just check out www.ebay.com do a search under Gentex Auto Dim Mirror.
These are the OEM suppliers to the motor vehicle industry (Donnelley also), so the one on your Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. is a Gentex.

With the exchange rate, no so good.
However all up around $100 brand new.

Dealers want $300 - $500 for this feature.

rayd
27-10-2009, 07:47 PM
hey mate, do you have pics of how it turned out?

i just bought one off ebay and am going to be putting it in my euro :D

kimnkk
28-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Oh thanks for bumping this thread :D Finally, just ordered the mirror so with a bit of luck it should arrive before i get back to aus!! Got some other parts on the way as well haha, finally getting off my ass and doing stuff!

Will update with pics and installation pics (i'm sure it'll be an easy peasy job though) in a month or so :D

rayd
28-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh thanks for bumping this thread :D Finally, just ordered the mirror so with a bit of luck it should arrive before i get back to aus!! Got some other parts on the way as well haha, finally getting off my ass and doing stuff!

Will update with pics and installation pics (i'm sure it'll be an easy peasy job though) in a month or so :D

hahah awesome :D i'll be doing the same im just worried about how to take OFF the original rear view mirror mechanism...

i have so many mods for my car lined up , all waiting for uni to end....

got the install a parrot CD3100 bluetooth kit, i made a one-touch moonroof switch that i have to install, got reverse sensors that need to go in, have to paint and install my lip kit, and now the rear view mirror.... and planning a cold air intake aswell :D

going to be fun! :D

kimnkk
30-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Anyone know if we need a 'camlock' mount to install it? Was offered by the eBay seller but rayd and i didn't take it XD

ck.kyo
28-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, is it possible for a 06 Lux model to not have this feature? Because mine is a 06Lux taht was complied in 05 and does not have this feature! :'(

Xplodin
28-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, is it possible for a 06 Lux model to not have this feature? Because mine is a 06Lux taht was complied in 05 and does not have this feature! :'(

Is your the Facelift model or Pre Face lift?... In other words does your euro have a full chrome grill or just chrome outline?

If Full chrome... then you got done for and should head back to the dealer....

If Outline... then you have a pre facelift model which wasn't an option.

ck.kyo
29-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Its facelift with full chrome grill and blue parkers, i bought it privately so i dont think i can get it anymore, ahh oh wells, i got a broadway mirror so it covers the stock mirror anyway, but damn that sucks, always better to have the feature than not when its a factory feature !