PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Navi Unit Auto Dimmer not working

El Diablo
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
First time poster long time reader of this forums.

I've had my MY07 Built CL9 for 5 Months (Black Luxury Auto with Navi Unit, and a whole bunch of stuff the dealer chucked in, My First Honda BTW). Great car, comparing it to Falcons and Holdens the built quality is outstanding. Ride is OK, suspention could be better. I get the feeling that they went cheap on the suspention sits way to high. But over all its a well balanced car.

I have only but one problem with it. My navi unit will no longer go into nigth mode when i turn on the headlights!!!! I have checked the settings under set up and it is the screen is certainly on AUTO (means its ment to dimm when you turn on the headlights). I read the manual and does not say that i have to do anything else. Any one else has had this problem before? If so how did you fix it?

Thanks fellas...

Onrmnd
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
It won't dim if the dash dimmer is set to full brightness. Try turning it back a little.

Xplodin
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
It won't dim if the dash dimmer is set to full brightness. Try turning it back a little.
As He Said. :D That should do it.

El Diablo
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
tried it could not get it to dimm. Dash dimmer is set half way. Screen brigthness is to set the the 5. Any one have any other ideas..:(

tron07
10-11-2008, 10:26 AM
maybe the dimmer cable is not connected? since its a 07, why not send it back to the dealers for warranty?

El Diablo
11-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Im taking it to the service centre next monday. Hope its nothing serious. It really seems to be some sort ot switch or something I missed. I hope i don't end up looking like a complete noob...

El Diablo
16-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Fixed the problem it was the dash dimmer that was the problem. What i found out is that the Dash Dimmer has two settings one for day and one for nigth, i was changing the day mode and then testing the NAVI, i realised last nigth that my dash was preety bright at night so i turned it donw a Vuala.... the Navi unit dimmed.

neborama
20-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Fixed the problem it was the dash dimmer that was the problem. What i found out is that the Dash Dimmer has two settings one for day and one for nigth, i was changing the day mode and then testing the NAVI, i realised last nigth that my dash was preety bright at night so i turned it donw a Vuala.... the Navi unit dimmed.

Haha I had the same problem, I went on a frantic rage and called up Honda telling them my life story, never felt so noob in my life.