PDA

View Full Version : Bike Wrecking yards? Or places to get fairings from?

.::F[L]Y::.
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
hey guys,

i will be picking up my CBR250RR tomorrow and was just wondering where i could go to pick up a right side fairing?

Also has anyone had any experiences with the ebay ones?

Cheers

John

Henessaayyy
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Ive had experience with the fleabay ones from China.

They are plastic, but they're good.
Not to mention they're a hell of alot cheaper than OEM ones and they're also a whole lot lighter! (Fibreglass ways a ton!)

Ive got a mate with spare fairings.. Depends what colour you need, I think he has the side panels for a Tri Colour...
Otherwise, you can just go for the fairings from China...

They only require minimal modifying.. A few holes drilled and thats all :)

Goodluck, let me know how you go, or shoot me a PM if you need the fairings.

Henessaayyy
07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Theres also a bike wrecker who helped me alot in the search for my parts..
He's quite cheap.. ALOT Cheaper than MotoCT in Cabramatta (This guy is a complete prick and I hate the ****! Don't ever go there, he'll take your money and then **** your bike up while he's got it. I don't care how good people say his custom paint jobs are... He's still a wanker.. Tried charging me $350 for a subframe for a 250RR)

This wrecker is on Childs Rd in Chipping Norton, you can reach him on 9726 8199. His name is Gary :)

.::F[L]Y::.
07-11-2008, 10:09 PM
cheers man!

ebay ones are quite pricey! $380+$230 for shipping? :(

i just basically need to replace that fairing so i can get the bike resprayed :P

Henessaayyy
07-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Dont worry about the ebay fairings then, if you're after a respray, Ill talk to my mate...
He's going to Thailand for 2 weeks, so I doubt I'll be able to get you the fairing in time...
Hit that bloke up at Chippo though... Im quite confident he has a RHS fairing...

If not, they've got a few on ebay (single rhs fairing)
you can also hit up cbr250.com/cbr250/forum
i used to be on there heaps when I had the cibby.. now I got the RVF and Im not on there much :P but hey.. give them a hit up :)

goodluck :)

na-118
07-11-2008, 11:55 PM
gary, in chippo. his cbr250rr parts go really quick man, i just went there last week asking for a cbr250rr he has absoloutely nothing to do with a cbr and doesn't know when he will get some more parts and bikes in,

dogcrapau
12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
ive got a rhs fairing pm me.
henessaayy u sound familiar!!!!

Henessaayyy
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
ive got a rhs fairing pm me.
henessaayy u sound familiar!!!!

yeah baby u know me ;)
i was with u that night.. remember that unforgetable night?
the one where you moaned my name so loud, your neighbours called the police? ;)
yeah that was me ;)

na-118
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah his a cocksucker

CONAN
01-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Y::.;1982882']cheers man!

ebay ones are quite pricey! $380+$230 for shipping? :(

i just basically need to replace that fairing so i can get the bike resprayed :P

Are you still after RHS fairing?

CONAN
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Theres also a bike wrecker who helped me alot in the search for my parts..
He's quite cheap.. ALOT Cheaper than MotoCT in Cabramatta (This guy is a complete prick and I hate the ****! Don't ever go there, he'll take your money and then **** your bike up while he's got it. I don't care how good people say his custom paint jobs are... He's still a wanker.. Tried charging me $350 for a subframe for a 250RR)

This wrecker is on Childs Rd in Chipping Norton, you can reach him on 9726 8199. His name is Gary :)

I agree with your opinion regarding MotoCT. I myself have had a bad experience with this bloke. Please try to avoid him at all cost. Unless your absolutely desperate, even then, I wouldn't recommend it.

taizon
31-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Just curious with the Different designs/ stickers on the CBR's.. i.e. the TRI-Colour cbr.. are u able to buy the stickers/decals (if they are even stickers) for the bike? or do u have to buy the fairing with the designs already on them?

If you can get them separately.. where do i go to find them?

vanderbi|t
01-04-2009, 12:57 AM
metropolitan wreckers in silverwater, good bunch of guys. Ive received free bits and pieces on occasions, ie bolts etc.

Gawdam
01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
metropolitan wreckers in silverwater, good bunch of guys. Ive received free bits and pieces on occasions, ie bolts etc.

Haha, yea i went there aswell, for some electrics and fairing.
Guys are really helpful ... They seem genuine and don't seem like they'd take advantage of noobs.

+1 for metropolitan wreckers