PDA

View Full Version : Repeller or Piranha car alarms

SiR
10-10-2004, 01:32 AM
I've done a search for these 2 brands of car alarms but found nothing so I would really appreciate if someone could help me out! :)

Basically, I'm after a 'budget' car alarm for my gf's car and have heard of the above two brands. What I'm not sure is if they're any good?

I want a car alarm for her as a deterrent more than anything else as I understand that if someone wants to steal your car, there's not much you can really do.

Her car currently comes with central-locking (not sure about keyless entry) and immobiliser. I'm willing to spend between $100-200 on an alarm with keyless entry.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

gelo
10-10-2004, 01:57 AM
i am also after the same thing
been looking for a while now
but everything seems so pricy and i realli have no idea about alarms

SiR
10-10-2004, 02:33 AM
Looks like we're in the same boat, Gelo!

I would personally think that your EK4 needs a better alarm than my gf's 'budget' Hyundai, albeit a brand new one. :D

So yeah, any advice from anyone regarding the above two brands (pricing, reputation etc.), pls. help!

Thanks in advance!

ATSE
10-10-2004, 10:30 AM
http://www.superalarm.com.au/
They list Piranha, flashpoint, meta and cobra alarms. Click Service Agents to find their authorised dealers also. Call around to get the best price. Im using flashpoint now... haven't had many problems. And make sure the alarm you buy allows you to add on extras, such as ultrasonic sensors, tilt sensors etc...

SiR
10-10-2004, 11:21 AM
I've checked out that link before, ATSE, but can't seem to find a price for their alarms...

ATSE
10-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Ah ok... well i know for a fact Flashpoint and Piranha alarms aren't cheap. Just call up a dealer from that list on that site near your house... they can recommened an alarm for your budget and requirements. If you want a pager alarm... i can't recommened enough the Boomerang 2002... itz got all you need, my friend has it installed on his car and itz awesome!

SiR
10-10-2004, 04:19 PM
That's cool ATSE, thanks.

Like I said, I'm after a budget alarm and I'm sure the boomerang isn't cheap. I'll just ring up some dealers tomorrow and get a price of them.

Anyone else with other recommendations pls. advise!

toE
12-10-2004, 02:35 AM
check your local trading post mate. they sometimes/usually have peeps selling alarms w/ installation for quite a reasonable price.
it's only the reputation of these sellers that worries me sometimes. so...just sumfin for you to consider if you do decide to go for this option. :)

Good luck.

SiR
12-10-2004, 03:10 AM
Thanks for that, toE :)

Any other feedback on these 2 brands?

bubblecivic
12-10-2004, 10:23 AM
hey guys
i also need this myself so perhaps we can organise a group buy or something to save some $$$?

bubblecivic
12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
btw, i was wondering how much installation on these will be?
i've seen alarms go for $200 at Dick Smith and i wanted to know how much auto electricians usually charge? any recommendations?

i_own_you
12-10-2004, 11:04 PM
hey my brother's car has a repeller alarm

he rex its pretty good.. kinda sensitive though

SiR
12-10-2004, 11:07 PM
hey guys
i also need this myself so perhaps we can organise a group buy or something to save some $$$?

Yeah, we could do a group buy or something, but there's only 3 of us that are after an alarm - don't see us getting too much of a discount from that!

|N|
18-10-2004, 04:36 AM
i m after one if i m happy with its function and price